Greater Manchester diesel charges

Blimey tonights Bolton evening news. they’re looking at charging polluting diesel vehicles in all 10 greater Manchester boroughs! :astonished: theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17 … anchester/

You’ll struggle to get a bus or taxi home after a night on the ■■■■ if this happens!

A seven week consultation period has just started with all ten local authorities in the Greater Manchester area regards the CAZ (clean air zone) emission charges.
theboltonnews.co.uk/news/17 … zone-plan/

Based on the original, they want £100 million of taxpayers money to install a system which will charge the only vehicles which are generating money for the city.

But then later they admit most of the pollution is coming from motorways which aren’t covered so it wont actually do anything useful. Apart from no taxies and nothing getting delivered to any business.

Welcome to stupidity…

Seems like it’s not just city/town centres they’re targetting now! I was reading this morning that Hertfordshire council want to charge drivers on sections of the A10 from the M25 now. transport-network.co.uk/Her … push/16156

At least Southampton city council saw the light and scrapped their lez :smiley:

blue estate:

hey Bluey…isn’t Pompey Council looking at applying some ‘pollution control’?

carryfast-yeti:

blue estate:

Speaking of pollution control!
I’ve been reading about France losing their European court case last month for breaching emission limits and Paris accord commitments and have been told to drastically reduce their NOX emissions from diesel vehicles.

Guess who’s up in court next month for the exact same breaches! The UK. :open_mouth:

Will we be seeing the same matrix signs here in towns & cities across the UK?

lancpudn:

carryfast-yeti:

blue estate:

I’ve been reading about France losing their European court case last month for breaching emission limits and Paris accord commitments and have been told to drastically reduce their NOX emissions from diesel vehicles.

Guess who’s up in court next month for the exact same breaches! The UK. :open_mouth:

You don’t drive the M4 around Newport and Cardiff then ? Matrix permanently has this in welsh and English

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

lancpudn:

carryfast-yeti:

blue estate:

You don’t drive the M4 around Newport and Cardiff then ? Matrix permanently has this in welsh and English

Really? No I haven’t been down that neck o the woods for ages since retiring. I know the matrix carry emission sensors but I’ve never seen them with these pollution speed limit messages.

blue estate:

lancpudn:

carryfast-yeti:

blue estate:

Looks like it wont just be the reduced speed limits around that neck o the woods to cut emissions either according to today’s news! airqualitynews.com/2019/12/10/w … -air-plan/

Manchester city council have just announced to bring in their zero carbon target a full 12 years ahead of schedule and from 2020-2025 there will be further emission reduction targets.
Being a retired HGV driver and in possession of a concessionary travel pass they’ve also announced a charge of £10/year from 1st January to continue using GMTE trains & trams, buses not affected. Still cheap as chips as I use it off peak a lot…I wonder if this charge is going towards getting rid of their diesel vehicles? airqualitynews.com/2019/12/19/m … on-target/