Brexit stock piling

Shock,horror,the shells will be empty if there’s a no deal brexit,are you stock piling,scary times ahead,I got 3 cans of beans instead of 2,told the wife to buy 1 extra a week just to be shaw

I know a bakery company that have 60 extra loads ordered, Danish pastry’s, croissants, … Was told by one person there’s going to be a promotion, !

biggriffin:
I know a bakery company that have 60 extra loads ordered, Danish pastry’s, croissants, … Was told by one person there’s going to be a promotion, !

Our lot received an e mail today from the company I think you’re referring to, they actually entitled it “Brexit stock” :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve heard there is going to be a shortage of Bully Beef…

bullybeefsmum.jpg

I predict that the shelves will be empty at least for a few days. I think there will be a lot of panic buying going on starting a week before brexit. Not bothered though, will keep us busy stocking stores up again.

DON’T PANIC, MR MAINWARING!!! DON’T PAAANICC!!!

wing-nut:
I predict that the shelves will be empty at least for a few days. I think there will be a lot of panic buying going on starting a week before brexit. Not bothered though, will keep us busy stocking stores up again.

Not much extra work as such though.
What is being put into kitchen cupboards today will be used over time, so won’t be going from shops. The stuff being warehoused will need a bit of extra transport as that will be handled twice instead of once.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Has anyone explained yet - WHY exactly a “No Deal Brexit” as opposed to any other kind of Brexit - is so bad for Remainers in particular? Does it even need to be explained that in fact thwarting a No Deal Brexit - thwarts the ONLY kind of Brexit that is actually possible? How can one ever get a deal to do something that cannot be countenenced by the other sides in the argument?

It’s like Thomas More negotiating “How much would you pay to be beheaded rather than hung drawn and quartered” - an actual negotiation that WOULD have taken place, if Henry VIII had not “shown mercy” and sent More straight to the block, rather than the butcher knives…

“How much compensation would you like in your pardon, rather than be spared the noose? - If you opt for a grisly death, we’ll double your payout!”

Let’s face it: Some things in life - are not up for negotiation. You don’t Pay off Hitler, you don’t Pay the EU for Brexit, and you don’t ask permission to declare wars or leave a repressive financial regime either.

F…k 'em. Any kind of effective Brexit is for those that voted for it - not kiddies who don’t understand grown-up arguments upon mutiple fronts… :smiling_imp:

Beast.jpg
“Who is like unto the beast? - Who is able to make war with it?”
Revelation 13:4

Our ASDA and Tesco had a pre-run last week - both had half their shelves empty but then it coincided with their execs moaning about “no deal” crap.

Noticeably its the companies doing “just in time” who are vocal about this. Maybe proving it doesn’t work and they need to go back to having stock and stick two fingers up to the accountants who invented just in time.

trevHCS:
Noticeably its the companies doing “just in time” who are vocal about this. Maybe proving it doesn’t work and they need to go back to having stock and stick two fingers up to the accountants who invented just in time.

Yep. Tell the accountants:
We want to have warehouses built to house buffer stocks.
We want goods handled into and out of warehousing, rather than once, from truck to production line.
We want goods produced, paid for, and sat gathering dust.

Oh, and also tell em we dont want to pay any extra.

Franglais:

trevHCS:

We want goods handled into and out of warehousing, rather than once, from truck to production line.

Warehouse’s cost money and are “dead space”. Every refit I was involved in when I worked in retail involved reducing the warehouse to expand the shop floor. Most shops don’t have the physical space to store extra stock anymore…

Also with the terms supermarkets have most stuff is sold before they pay the supplier

kcrussell25:

Franglais:

trevHCS:

Warehouse’s cost money and are “dead space”. Every refit I was involved in when I worked in retail involved reducing the warehouse to expand the shop floor. Most shops don’t have the physical space to store extra stock anymore…

Also with the terms supermarkets have most stuff is sold before they pay the supplier

Exactly so.
Supermarkets and Just In Time production lines demand a predictable quick flow of goods. Warehousing, buffer stocks, or just needing extra trailers taking a longer time to transit ports aren`t cost free.
Supermarkets and other retailers will simply pass extra costs onto us, the end consumers.
Manufacturers can pass on costs, which could make them less competitive than out based producers, or choose to build future plants in Euroland.

Until very recently when I decided to go back on the road I was a Warehouse Manager at Next.

They have 5 huge warehouse complexes and 6 RDC’s and despite this they are absolutely filled to the rafters, stock everywhere, automated storage systems full and stores or Rdcs unable to take in due to it not moving. They are about 2 to 3 years away from expanding enough to cope, for a while at least.

It’s not just brexit for them but the usual retail environment.

Winseer:
Has anyone explained yet - WHY exactly a “No Deal Brexit” as opposed to any other kind of Brexit - is so bad

Maybe because we’ve spent decades building up systems to trade freely with 27 other nations and businesses have built their operations to use those systems, then overnight its all gone, without time to build, test and introduce the new trading systems that will replace it, or introduce the infrastructure and personnel to deal with the new system.

Many busineses across the EU rely on goods travelling unhindered between countries and even WTO rules would involve customs and paperwork, if WTO was as simple as some make out, why do so many countries spend so much time and effort trying to get free trade agreements.

If you listen to business leaders, it’s not so much Brexit that’s their problem, but the uncertainty its created, although many would prefer to stay in the EU as they’d carry on as before, but then business, Parliament the EU operating “as before” is the problem for many and in my opinion the reason so many across Europe and other countries are looking to protest against that system in any way they can, however unpalatable that may be for some.

muckles:

Winseer:
Has anyone explained yet - WHY exactly a “No Deal Brexit” as opposed to any other kind of Brexit - is so bad

Maybe because we’ve spent decades building up systems to trade freely with 27 other nations and businesses have built their operations to use those systems, then overnight its all gone, without time to build, test and introduce the new trading systems that will replace it, or introduce the infrastructure and personnel to deal with the new system.

Many busineses across the EU rely on goods travelling unhindered between countries and even WTO rules would involve customs and paperwork, if WTO was as simple as some make out, why do so many countries spend so much time and effort trying to get free trade agreements.

If you listen to business leaders, it’s not so much Brexit that’s their problem, but the uncertainty its created, although many would prefer to stay in the EU as they’d carry on as before, but then business, Parliament the EU operating “as before” is the problem for many and in my opinion the reason so many across Europe and other countries are looking to protest against that system in any way they can, however unpalatable that may be for some.

Yes, it will be painful for both sides to go through the “upheaval” of changing the system.
We go through a similar upheaval - every time we get a sea change in Government. Life after the 2010 general election for example - got pretty bad pretty quickly for a lot of people who pay the taxes…
Some would argue “Well that’s what you get for voting out Labour!”
My attention at the time was more drawn towards “Sorry, there’s no money left” however. :imp:

Fear of Brexit seems all too much to be merely “Fear of Change” in general, even POSITIVE change.

Are we really going to have Lefties slashing their wrists (or our tyres…?) when they get their arses well and truly kicked at the next election?
Around 2-3m UKIP voters from 2015 likely backed Corbyn in 2017 for a bit of a lark… Now Corbyn thinks he’s popular, when in fact all those UKIP voters have done - is present a jumps course that has only matchbox-sized fences on it, rather than something more akin to Aintree…

UKIP voters giveth - and UKIP voters - will soon taketh away - I strongly suggest. :smiling_imp:

In the meantime, it is hard for small to medium businesses to compete with the big boys, who have this large investment in “EU infrastructure appeasement” if you will.

Ceasing trading with someone nearby, and commencing trading with someone much further away - even for double the profits - requires people to pull their finger out and actually do some WORK in the administration business of re-routing all our trade routes to circumvent the single market outright, ideally…

Back home meanwhile - if you take away a minus - you get a PLUS on our balance of Trade. This pays down the deficit a lot faster than any “Tory Cuts”.

I see Brexit as an alternative way to get the country’s books rebalanced. :bulb:

muckles:

Winseer:

I did explain why No deal ( real Brexit ) is so bad it’s because of the implications of Brexit based on the return of sovereignty,regarding Liz signing us up to the European Communities Act.IE an admission of dereliction of duty if not treason at Head of State level.

As for new systems.Oh wait we’ve actually had almost 3 years since the referendum to do all that.Instead of which the remainers have decided to ignore the referendum decision and just plan for the continuation of the status quo to deliberately create a remain fait accompli.Bearing in mind that we couldn’t implement any of the required changes until ‘after’ we’ve actually left the EU and ditched the European Communities Act to free ourselves from its rules.In which case it’s nothing to do with building new systems of operation the real question is why are we still in the EU with the European Communities Act still in place more than 2 years after the referendum decision to leave ?.While yes over night it’s all gone just as over night our non EU member status was all gone at midnight December 31 1972.It’s now obviously just a simple case of resetting the clock back to 23.59 on that date job done.The problem as we know being that the Federalists have no intention of leaving their stinking self appointed invalid Federal pile which they equally illegally took us into.

trevHCS:
Our ASDA and Tesco had a pre-run last week - both had half their shelves empty but then it coincided with their execs moaning about “no deal” crap.

“Just in Time” stinks, as it has more of us working harder for less pay. If Brexit brings this unloved practice to an end in this country, or at least “Puts it out of fashion” - then bring it on!

Winseer:

muckles:

Winseer:

Yes, it will be painful for both sides to go through the “upheaval” of changing the system.
We go through a similar upheaval - every time we get a sea change in Government. Life after the 2010 general election for example - got pretty bad pretty quickly for a lot of people who pay the taxes… .

Considering the Governments for the last 30+ years have followed pretty much the same economic agenda, that includes Blair’s “New Labour” which was basically another centrist party pandering to the global financial system, it’s hardly an upheaval, and much of what happen after the 2010 election was due to a massive global fincial crisis, not just UK government policy, except for the continuing policy of a Laissez-faire attitude to the global financiers.

Winseer:
Are we really going to have Lefties slashing their wrists (or our tyres…?) when they get their arses well and truly kicked at the next election?
Around 2-3m UKIP voters from 2015 likely backed Corbyn in 2017 for a bit of a lark… Now Corbyn thinks he’s popular, when in fact all those UKIP voters have done - is present a jumps course that has only matchbox-sized fences on it, rather than something more akin to Aintree… .

What evidence have you that UKIP supporters voted in their droves for Labour and Corbyn? From the UKIP supporters I know, I should think most of them would eat their own [zb] before voting for Corbyn

Winseer:
In the meantime, it is hard for small to medium businesses to compete with the big boys, who have this large investment in “EU infrastructure appeasement” if you will.

Yes the whole global trading system is rigged for the big boys, that includes Countries and businesses.

Winseer:
Ceasing trading with someone nearby, and commencing trading with someone much further away - even for double the profits - requires people to pull their finger out and actually do some WORK in the administration business of re-routing all our trade routes to circumvent the single market outright, ideally…

Back home meanwhile - if you take away a minus - you get a PLUS on our balance of Trade. This pays down the deficit a lot faster than any “Tory Cuts”.

I see Brexit as an alternative way to get the country’s books rebalanced. :bulb:

It’s okay looking for new markets, but they’re not going to be there on 30th March, it will take some time and why in the meantime mess up how to trade with countries which we have well established trade links and that are close and easy to get goods to?

Carryfast:

muckles:

Winseer:

I did explain why No deal ( real Brexit ) is so bad it’s because of the implications of Brexit based on the return of sovereignty,regarding Liz signing us up to the European Communities Act.IE an admission of dereliction of duty if not treason at Head of State level.

As for new systems.Oh wait we’ve actually had almost 3 years since the referendum to do all that.Instead of which the remainers have decided to ignore the referendum decision and just plan for the continuation of the status quo to deliberately create a remain fait accompli.Bearing in mind that we couldn’t implement any of the required changes until ‘after’ we’ve actually left the EU and ditched the European Communities Act to free ourselves from its rules.In which case it’s nothing to do with building new systems of operation the real question is why are we still in the EU with the European Communities Act still in place more than 2 years after the referendum decision to leave ?.While yes over night it’s all gone just as over night our non EU member status was all gone at midnight December 31 1972.It’s now obviously just a simple case of resetting the clock back to 23.59 on that date job done.The problem as we know being that the Federalists have no intention of leaving their stinking self appointed invalid Federal pile which they equally illegally took us into.

You can’t ever get a deal that won’t ever be offered to you. Brexit was always going to be a binary thing. We either do it hard - or we don’t do it at all. I’m not interested in how much money Mogg stands to make out of it, what “contracts” the Queen may or may not have signed behind the scenes, nor future and past EU treaties that need to be torn up during our “Hard Leaving Process” - with all haste.
Chaimberlain, to his credit - did what was required of him, declaring war on Germany for making a fool of him over the “Peace in our Time” bit of paper. He didn’t ask the rest of Europe for permission to act thus, nor enter into any negotiations with Hitler, having realized in time that the prior policy of “appeasement” - had failed miserably.

It is for our politicians on both sides of the political divide - to realize that Britain’s future lies with Britain’s unhindered prosperity outside the EU. To Re-join, or just never leave it - will have us facing future liabilities that even the staunchest Remainer would not like to see come to pass, albeit they think it is all “speculation” for the time being.

Turkey’s proposed entry to the EU

The EU budget needing to sharply increase it’s contribution take

The Lisbon treaty being fully rolled out, taking even more sovereignty away from the UK

Rule changes that make it hard to stay in business if you are not a multinational corporation.

Law changes that make it hard to jail criminals, but easy to jail people criticising criminals.

“Internet Copyright” legislation that would permit the EU to try and get a monopoly of the Internet. I can’t blame China and now Russia from wanting to pull the plug on THAT asap!
In the EU’s mind, “Freedom of Speech” and “Intellectual Property” - are mutually-exclusive concepts now. They’ll quite happily throw the former under the bus forever - to re-establish control over the latter.
The weakness in their argument - is that China and now Russia “won’t abide by any EU ruling” and will continue to help themselves to any and all technology, intel, and innovations put into the public doman, whilst we westerners get sued for cutting and pasting memes because a “Getty Copyright Image” was used FFS. I find myself on the Superpower’s side of the argument here: If you can get it for free on the internet - then it is FINDERS KEEPERS. How can you charge people with a crime for “Looking at something they should be paying for”? If you want to keep something a secret - then KEEP IT OFF THE INTERNET!

The EU’s continued Pro Islamic stance, that puts pressure upon even a Muslim Home Secretary to “not breach a clearly-still Jihadist Bride’s Human Rights” when anyone with common sense would at least insist she renounces Islam to get back into the UK, and has her child made a Ward of Court, to deprive them of the Jihadist upbringing that would risk a very high chance of that child growing up to be yet another Terrorist in years to come.

The EU’s continued following of the Hoax that is “Man Made” climate change. You don’t try to prevent natural cycles - you prepare FOR them happening, regardless! Bugger “Gweenhouth Gathes”. We should be building away from flood zones, growing crops that are not easily destroyed by colder winters, and stop sunbathing if you want to avoid getting skin cancer!

The EU’s continued antagonism towards locally-elected perceived “Right Wing” governments.

…and of course the EU’s sheer and ongoing WASTE of the resources we continue to pour into it.

Anti Strasbourg.jpg

Winseer:

trevHCS:

“Just in Time” stinks, as it has more of us working harder for less pay. If Brexit brings this unloved practice to an end in this country, or at least “Puts it out of fashion” - then bring it on!

So a UK company doesn’t do JIT and it costs them more to produce goods and a European country does do it and its cheaper to produce goods.

Which is the better business model?