Peaky Blinders...

I’m late to the party on this one. Off this week and currently bingewatching this series. Extremely good if you’ve not seen it.

Excellent series there going to make a second which im looking forward.

Second? Amazon is telling me that I’m on series 2 of 4.

Sorry meant new season :blush: been a while since I’ve watched it

I normally don’t watch much on the telly as I usually get bored after 10 minutes. But after hearing people talking about it, I thought I’d give it a go and see what all the fuss was about. Absolutely brilliant program. Finally found something I can actually watch without falling asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peaky is superb.

We seldom, scratch that, don’t, watch any live telly now.

We’re part way through the second season of The Punisher (violent or what), and one of our favourites has been the entire 5 seasons of Person of Interest, can’t admit how many times we’ve binge watched that :blush:

It took some doing, cos they’re a bit like the EU/Hotel California when you want to leave, but we finally managed to escape Sky, and now have just Netflix and Amazon Prime, bargainous, a fraction of the cost of Sky and a heck of a lot of material to keep you entertained without an advert/propaganda to be suffered :sunglasses:

excellent all round series x4 sofar.
downloaded from the torrents sites years ago which is a great way for everything free.
you name it and its there to take.
the good thing is that once youve burgled it,then its still there for everyone else… :slight_smile:

titanic blood and steel is another 12 part good series about the ship being built with the politics ect involved.
i dont think uk tv companies bought it,but its available to pirate and well worth a watch.

the maoster:
I’m late to the party on this one. Off this week and currently bingewatching this series. Extremely good if you’ve not seen it.

Watching it next bud, in all this time off I’m going to get :smiley: :sunglasses: .

In fact me and the wife have just finished watching all of the Luther series…‘‘back to back’’
But next time I’m gonna make sure it’s ME facing the telly. :laughing: :laughing:

:blush: Had to put it. :smiley:

Badum tish :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Only binged on one series this last few years. Justified.
It’s on Netflix but costs 11 quid per season. It is available via “Other means” though, I know that for a fact :slight_smile:

Took Maoster’s advice, just finished watching the whole (6?) series over the last few weeks on my long weekends off :sunglasses: …hard life eh? :laughing:
Excellent programme.

Thought this was a thread about robs frilly cab curtains for a mo. :laughing:

I have been tempted by it (the series not the frilly curtains) and it’s on my list of “could be worth a watch”

So far my binge watching this year has consisted of in rough order:
Sons of anarchy
Breaking Bad
Punisher
Prison Break
Better call Saul
Walking dead
Designated survivor
Bad blood

And a few others in between, some which I’ve forgotten right now and some I’d never admit too… :neutral_face:

Think I should start actually working more :laughing:

From your list Reef I’d hazard a guess that a series called Banshee would be right up your street, mega violent, well written and plenty of ■■■■■■ (of the female variety).

the maoster:
From your list Reef I’d hazard a guess that a series called Banshee would be right up your street, mega violent, well written and plenty of ■■■■■■ (of the female variety).

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
i just use torrents and nick the entire series or whatever at a time then binge watch as they seem more gripping that way ( especially when its all downloaded and kept for free).
banshees great apart from when the tart is fighting especially with the ee heavy in the house as its on a par with peter griffin vs the chicken.
another good mini 12 part series is called " titanic blood and steel"
excellent all round about the ship beng built and politics/strikes/lots of info you wouldnt be aware of and excellently acted.
im not sure if it was released in the uk but its findable on tintereb on torrents ect.

the maoster:

Thanks mate I may give it a watch, shame only the first two of the four seasons are Amazon Prime though. :neutral_face:

dieseldog999:
i just use torrents and nick the entire series or whatever at a time then binge watch as they seem more gripping that way ( especially when its all downloaded and kept for free).
banshees great apart from when the tart is fighting especially with the ee heavy in the house as its on a par with peter griffin vs the chicken.
another good mini 12 part series is called " titanic blood and steel"
excellent all round about the ship beng built and politics/strikes/lots of info you wouldnt be aware of and excellently acted.
im not sure if it was released in the uk but its findable on tintereb on torrents ect.

That Titanic blood and steel sounds interesting, unfortunately my PC is still not set up after moving into my new house earlier in the year and until all the renovations and decorating are completed it wont be happening any time soon either, so all my interneting is done via an Android tablet and I don’t fancy setting up torrent apps on that as I don’t know what’s available/reliable/trustworthy and what’s not regarding apps…

download … vuze… to open the torrents that you download…and then just use one of the mirror torrent sites to visit and search as bt/sky/virgin ect have all blocked direct access to the torrent sites such as limetorrents or rarbag.
they are all plagued with popups and adverts now so its a bit of a pain even with adblockers and such plus they open and close at random,but when you find one that works,just binge download anything and everything you can think of as once its on vuze,itl then download 24/7 if you wish though the original site you found it on may have closed.
the titanic series ends as its sailing out of belfast loch and its a excellent insight to the history of the ship from conception to launching.
when it came out it was never bought by any uk company and i only knew about it as a friends son was an actor in it,but its well made.
personally i think it was an insurance job as a ringer for the damaged olympic as the costs would have bankrupt them but thats just me. :slight_smile:

I was told when I was there last week that most of Peaky Blinders was filmed in Liverpool because Liverpool looks more like Birmingham than Birmingham does. :stuck_out_tongue:

dieseldog999:
the titanic series ends as its sailing out of belfast loch and its a excellent insight to the history of the ship from conception to launching.
when it came out it was never bought by any uk company and i only knew about it as a friends son was an actor in it,but its well made.
personally i think it was an insurance job as a ringer for the damaged olympic as the costs would have bankrupt them but thats just me. :slight_smile:

Didn’t know anything about the Californian leaving with no passengers.

social.shorthand.com/TitanicMys … it-olympic

Also never seen this comparison before. :open_mouth:

shorthand-social.imgix.net/prod … iginal.jpg

Which leaves the allegations that a government official read out the secrets act to those who knew about it.

So there we have it.If it looks like a dodgy scam in which they botched the rescue operation it probably is.

Which leaves the question how did they manage to rendevous with the iceberg accurately. :confused:

in the middle of a coal strike with no coal being available for normal ships,then it sailed out the day before with a full load of coal and only carrying blankets and lifejackets so i believe .
all the back gang of the titanic that sailed across from belfast left the boat and refused to sail out again which meant no job and the poor house as there was no dole at the time?
most of the top notch snobs cancelled within a week of the titanic sailing for various reasons proved to be false later,and when the surviving crew made it back t england they were locked away till plod ect had a word in their ear to the effect of if theres the wrong word spoke then your family will be in the poor house as you all will be in jail.
its not an unreasonable theory for an insurance job on epic proportions.
1500 get drowned,or white star goes bust…bit of a no brainer if i was white star.

dieseldog999:
its not an unreasonable theory for an insurance job on epic proportions.
1500 get drowned,or white star goes bust…bit of a no brainer if i was white star.

I’d guess that the Californian leaving empty stocked with blankets etc suggests that they didn’t intend the 1500 drowned ( or the need for loads of lifeboats to take everyone off at once ). :bulb:

Have to say the under water photo comparison is the smoking gun for me.