Yellow Vest Protests

Are they still happening in France?

I haven’t seen anything on the mainstream media outlets about them for weeks, but social media seems full of images and videos of protests continuing and being met with extreme force by the France police.

So for those of you who live or go to France regularly what is your experience of knowledge of what’s happening,

Saturday was the 10th protest day . Good numbers in big cities - Toulouse especially but all over really .

However, they come and go , standing about in the rain waiting for a toot of appreciation . Still very present here in the west, I was in Lannion on Friday and the exit after Guingamp at Kernilion where there have been big demos, and then nothing ,and they were back. Still plenty about here in St.Nazaire but accomplishing nothing, It’s become more like a social meet up.

Generally speaking, normal people who demonstrated on the 17/11 with families etc feel it’s over. Too risky and too many hot heads.

Much as Owen says.
There are fewer around, and generally less disruption. Those still there are well organized and must be motivated to be outside, although it’s been mild weather so far. Still lots of gilet displayed on car dashboards, so it isn’t dead I`d say.

It’s being kept out of UK media,in case it gives people ideas…who says we ain’t under a dictatorship :neutral_face:

And then it all goes pear shaped again.
Dockers blocking all the access roads into the port of Saint Nazaire.
Big fires and boulders

You won’t see much about it in the UK mainstream media any-more than you’ll see much about the much smaller and tamer UK yellow-vest protests.

From Saturday’s Paris protest (19th January 2019)

xichrisxi:
It’s being kept out of UK media,in case it gives people ideas…who says we ain’t under a dictatorship :neutral_face:

Especially with the daily mail,now Dacres left the new editor seems to be ushering in a whole new era of crapola ,Israel biased “journalism” article a few weeks ago about a woman and two murdered children springs to mind.They were mentioning,as if pertinent,the bloody house prices of the area where the tragedy occured,much to the chagrin of readers on their website.
I’ve always read the rag,mainly for auxiliary matters,health,financial,readers letters etc…but the current trajectory of their policy is shockingly banal and disingenous to put it mildly.