Border force

Recent news items have caused me some confusion.
In my naivety, I thought the Border Force was supposed to prevent illegal immigration.
Yet recent news programmes show them actively searching the Channel for illegal immigrants, and when found, they are brought to the UK instead of being returned to France.
When this is publicised it encourages people-smuggling, which can only make matters worse.
What do other members think of this policy?

Buckstones:
In my naivety, I thought the Border Force was supposed to prevent illegal immigration.
Yet recent news programmes show them actively searching the Channel for illegal immigrants, and when found, they are brought to the UK instead of being returned to France.
When this is publicised it encourages people-smuggling, which can only make matters worse.

Not ideal , but better than having the coast guard scouring the beaches for dead bodies [emoji45]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coincidentally I just read in the Telegraph, that David Wood, a top civil servant in charge of immigration rules, proposes that they should be returned to France, as smugglers now think if they get them half-way our Coastguard and Lifeboats will act as a taxi service to the UK.

blue estate:

Buckstones:

Not ideal , but better than having the coast guard scouring the beaches for dead bodies [emoji45]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^^^^^^^^^
ask yourself,out of the two options,what one would be the more cost effective option and would britain benefit from most.
stamp them,return to sender and let france police its own borders would be reasonable.
theyre not refugees,they have all made their own desicion to head for the land of the big giro and are happy to pay criminals for the privilege.
if spain,italy,greece ect did a proper job,they wouldnt get within 1000 miles .
they do the same thing in the med,onto a leaky boat,once the gps on their new smart phones shows them halfway across,then its a quick sos and please rescue us into europe and dont be towing us back south please.

blue estate:

Buckstones:

Not ideal , but better than having the coast guard scouring the beaches for dead bodies

How does taking them back to France supposedly translate as dead bodies on the beach ?.

Border Force … more like Border Farce :unamused:

Carryfast:

blue estate:

Buckstones:

Not ideal , but better than having the coast guard scouring the beaches for dead bodies

How does taking them back to France supposedly translate as dead bodies on the beach ?.

Because they’re activly searching for them in the channel instead of just waiting on the shore line , so they take the risk :unamused:

blue estate:

Carryfast:

Because they’re activly searching for them in the channel instead of just waiting on the shore line , so they take the risk :unamused:

:confused:

They are actively searching for them in either case.So I’ll ask again why does taking them back to France instead of here after they’ve been intercepted and picked up from the Channel supposedly mean ‘‘dead bodies on the beach’’.Thereby also removing the incentive to try. :unamused: