Useless bar staff in pubs and clubs

What happened to the days when bar staff used to be good at what they do.
They could monitor who’s turn it was everytime as they served others, and pull a perfect pint.
I stood for ■■■■ ages last night in a poncy expensive bar, being ignored by some young lass pretending to be a barmaid :unamused: ., and eventually kicked off. :smiling_imp:
Then some young boy appeared, pulled my pint of John Smiths, and honest to God it was like a glass of milk, he hadn’t a clue how to adjust the pressure or pour it properly.
He handed me it, then started pulling pints for my mates in the same way. :open_mouth:
I looked at the 5 pints, then looked at him (and his gormless ■■■■ face, and said …
‘‘Are you ■■■■ serious mate or what’’
so the bar manager who heard me, walked over and done it properly for me.

Another thing when a pint of smooth was pulled once over they used to let it settle and top it up to the right amount ie…a full pint, nowadays they just don’t bother, and then tut at you if you dare to ask them to top it.
Beer is expensive enough these days as it is without paying for a part pint and getting crap service
Moan over. :smiley:

I feel your pain - although to be fair in the vast majority of pubs these days the pump automatically dispenses the full amount, with a suitable “head room” built in to the (oversize) glass, so in theory there should be no need to let it settle.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:
I feel your pain - although to be fair in the vast majority of pubs these days the pump automatically dispenses the full amount, with a suitable “head room” built in to the (oversize) glass, so in theory there should be no need to let it settle.

You’ve just told me something I didn’t know mate tbh :blush: :smiley:
But you should have seen the ‘white pints’ that he handed me. :open_mouth: :unamused:

Can’t of been that good of a bar serving John smiths :laughing: :wink:

Punchy Dan:
Can’t of been that good of a bar serving John smiths :laughing: :wink:

The barman asked me if I wanted John Smith’s, I said no pour me a fresh one, I want me own.
I thank you. :sunglasses:

Punchy Dan:
Can’t of been that good of a bar serving John smiths [emoji38] :wink:

I was thinking much the same…

one of the many things I love about Ireland is that bartending is classed as a trade.

Unfortunately it’s the way of the world. It depends on which part of the country you live, it depends on the pubco.

The accountants run pubs now, the biggest asset is the waste book. They love head, your smiley barman cannot afford to work for minimum wage. I am a great advocate of the micro pub, especially the independents. My local m/p has been open 4 years, been voted number 1 in the UK and they have a new brew in every barrel. They have had some repeat barrels but generally not.

I was brought up in a pub and will probably end my days in one.

I am looking for a premise suitable to transform into a suitable premise. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blimey, get with the plan you fossils!

These days you order your drinks using an app on your mobile phone and 30 seconds later the barman/maid magically appears with them.

Or so my kids tell me. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Annoys me when you take a flat pint back,and they just tip it in another glass.
You get a head for about 30 seconds,then it’s even flatter(obvs)
Then they tell you it’s something to do with the glass.

the bar trade like road haulage has seen the easy option of dumbing down the job so that any ■■■■■■ can become employable.
the smaller pubs will still have the personal touch and staff that can be competent at the job whereas the franchises and larger pubs will just use flipflops or retarded macdonalds overspill to go through the motions of employment.somewhat similar to trucking nowadays?

apparently the whole bar in one of the pubs in my village stormed out last night…due to the single barmaid working couldn’t cope with the amount of customers.another boozer was happy to help out!

was this a case of a girl struggling on her own because the landlord/landlady/ manager was too lazy to help or too tight to employ more staff. :question:

Could be that the young barmaid quit at the end of her shift.Underemployment is a frequent trend in the UK.