British snow flake generation

I’ve just come across this news report and I have got to admit, that I thought about this subject in the past and it is so true.
What do you all think?
facebook.com/bbcspotlight/v … 935645696/
Not sure I’ve posted this in the right place but it’s here.

Sent using smoke signals

I remember in the 50’s\60’s when i was a lad if we wanted extra money we Went fruit and berry picking for a few days.It was bloody hard work but hey,if you wanted the extra cash you just had to dive in.I respect the foreign workers who do that work week in week out,they earn the money.

To be fair it looks like they hand picked brits who have never done a days manual work in their lives, hardly an unbiased comparison.

Sent from my mobile.

hutpik:
I remember in the 50’s\60’s when i was a lad if we wanted extra money we Went fruit and berry picking for a few days.It was bloody hard work but hey,if you wanted the extra cash you just had to dive in.I respect the foreign workers who do that work week in week out,they earn the money.

I too went fruit picking to earn cash when younger as well as working on the land, tatty riddling and onion hoeing etc.
However todays fruit picking is a lot easier than it used to be as some of the fruit like strawberries are mainly grown in polytunnels on waist height benches…long gone are the days of bending over to pick fruit and ending with a sore back.

Yes, you’re not exactly seeing any “get knocked up at 16, and live on benefits” types here… Just the university leavers who think they are now “educated” - wondering what exactly their degree in flower arranging, art history, or communication studies - gets them exactly… :unamused:

Looking at the top line figure of £800pw, (we all know about top line figures), and comparing Bulgarian average wage with the that of the UK, that £800pw would be the equivalent of a UK worker getting £3500pw, now advertise those picking jobs nationally at £3500pw and I bet there would be people more than willing and capable of doing the job although I doubt they’d be those bunch who obviously have never had anything thing to do with rural work in their life.

Alternatively tell the Bulgarian workers their topline is £200pw, still more nearly twice as much as the Bulgarian average wage and see if they’d still be interested in coming?
After all the farmer said that the Polish and Lithuanians weren’t as interested as they were since the drop in the value of sterling, so does that suddenly make them lazy or is it they’ll graft for a price?

Actually, I’m not sure I’d agree with that notion muckles…

If there is something very apparent indeed among today’s university leaving snowflake generation - it is that they are NOT motivated by money like the working class used to be.

Offer a girl £10,000 - and she still won’t sleep with you. She’ll try and work out how to get you to pay in advance, and then leg it without supplying any leg-over.

Offer a guy £10,000 a month for hard work - and they’ll still be asking when they get the money, rather than what do I have to do to get it… Once again, “Intent to Rob an employer” is evident.

The best paid work MUST come with the integrity of a respected employer whom you know in advance will pay out the advertized rates.
Then it is just a question of finding out what those advertized rates are.

No mention in the job ad?

I woudn’t bother.

I’m the first person to be motivated by Money then - not the last.
I’d muck out stables, clean toilets, or work in a morgue for the big bucks if it came down to it… Big bucks to me though is like Solo’s old line from Star Wars IV “I can imagine quite a lot!”

To be fair in summer it wouldn’t be a bad job

msgyorkie:

hutpik:

I too went fruit picking to earn cash when younger as well as working on the land, tatty riddling and onion hoeing etc.
However todays fruit picking is a lot easier than it used to be as some of the fruit like strawberries are mainly grown in polytunnels on waist height benches…long gone are the days of bending over to pick fruit and ending with a sore back.

Some of them are on benches, but there are plenty of farms with tunnels without benches or simply fields. And to earn that good amount of money you have to be very fast and I mean it, even if you do it non stop, all day long. I’m not talking even about wasting your time on anything.

:unamused:

telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop … ldier.html