Radio Stations

Favourite and least favourite ones? I like a wide variety of music, so I search through them as I meander around the country. Some of the good ones I’ve found:

Amber Sound (Amber Valley area) must have the widest mix of music ever, never heard a station play Praga Khan and Pink Floyd within ten minutes of each other.

TFM around the NE.

CFM ■■■■■■■■

Kriss FM Birmingham if you like a bit of dancehall and old-skool ragga.

Go out and enjoy yourself .

Posting here at weekends is for losers

joe royal:

You’re…

Posting.

joe royal:

Just another clue as to why the public think we’re all meat-heads :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mince pie DAB radio

Don’t like DAB, I feel it’s just paving the way to making us all pay for radio. The sound doesn’t feel “natural” either, for some reason.

like Wave105 or Jack FM
Hate BBC

blue estate:
like Wave105 or Jack FM
Hate BBC

Jack FM is good fun! I can’t stand BBC either, H***t FM is possibly even worse.

joe royal:

Ahhh… but what if you work weekends? :bulb: :sunglasses:
:laughing:

I don’t have dab in daf.
Listen radio 2 chris evans.

God knows what do when he goes as can’t stand Zoe ball
When he’s done if around Midlands BBC wm big Danny Kelly
Lbc if around London

Radio 4 about 11 30 to the comedy if they have one one.

Radio 4 again. 18 30 for they comedy.
Then radio 5 live at 19.00 for rest of the night.

Rest of time usually just tune through.see what takes my fancy really.

Cfm is ok then again only station I can get at times when heading through ■■■■■■■

The tunein app is the best, then you can listen to thousands of stations and never get bored!
Find some little station from the middle of Australia for example, even the local news and adverts become interesting :laughing:

Stussy:
The tunein app is the best, then you can listen to thousands of stations and never get bored!
Find some little station from the middle of Australia for example, even the local news and adverts become interesting :laughing:

How does that work? I have an internet radio at home, and I love it. Would I have to stream data through my phone to listen? I fear my data would be all gone in a few hours, if so :frowning:

Flick between Chris Moyles Radio x breakfast show, Alan Brazil Talksport, and Nicky Campbell 5 live…anybody other than Chris ■■■■ Evans. :imp:

Then Ken Bruce.
Knock off R2 when Vine comes on to listen to Hawksbee and Jacobs on Talksport.
Then Simon Mayo …not as good as when he was on his own.

Union Jack radio is ok but quite repetitive, talk sport and radio 5 live. Also started listening to podcasts quite a lot, Simon Mayos confessions, Lineker and Baker, Peter Crouch etc are good.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Drempels:
How does that work? I have an internet radio at home, and I love it. Would I have to stream data through my phone to listen? I fear my data would be all gone in a few hours, if so :frowning:

Yes it streams using your phone data, it uses a surprisingly small amount though. This is because most station streams are 128k bitrate at best, so it’s not like streaming HD video.
I’ve got 30gb a month on my phone and never use all of it

Stussy:

Drempels:

Yes it streams using your phone data, it uses a surprisingly small amount though. This is because most station streams are 128k bitrate at best, so it’s not like streaming HD video.
I’ve got 30gb a month on my phone and never use all of it

Thank you mate, will give it a bash! :slight_smile:

You can look in your phone settings to see how much data it uses. Listen for a day or two and then check it so you have an idea of how much is being used.
Obviously use Bluetooth streaming or aux input to listen through truck/car speakers

Some quick calculations show that if you listened to a 128k stream for 5 hours Monday to Friday it would use approx 1.4gb of data

Wally Webb, every morning

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

I’ve been a loyal radio 2 listener for years but find myself listening to radio 4 a lot these days as, apart from ken Bruce, I get annoyed by all the presenters.
When I was doing the food delivering to ikea shops job a few years ago when doing the Dublin and Belfast shops I found a breakfast show I loved listening to. Standard stuff really, a bit dopey guy and more savvy funny female. It just worked for me, maybe the accent helped?? Anyway, I can’t remember the name of the station now. Anybody help with a station name to see if it’s on tunein?

ken bruce, talksport, heart 80’s, abso 80’s, planet rock.
Oh how i luv the dab radio in my MAN…
[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk