Newcastle Brown Ale

kes

by planb on Tue 14 Jul 2015, 17:16

A German lorry driver in a pub in Newcastle is gobbing off
how lazy British truck drivers are. He’s bragging that he drives his
load from Hamburg, goes through Holland, Belgium up to Newcastle and back to Hamburg in just two days.

This old Geordie man mutters up, “Ah, way ay I used to pick
up me load in Newcastle, drop off in Hamburg and be back in Newcastle
for a fish and chip supper the same day”.

The gobby German trucker said, " Oh yah, vot rig were you
driving then?"

After taking a long swig of his Pint of Newcastle Brown, the
old fella replied…

A Lancaster bomber .

[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

mat79:
[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: , Sadley its now brewed at Tadcaster, I worked with a lad in the 60s, Who had to have two bottles of the Brown Stuff before breakfast, Then he would have a bacon sarnie smothered in brown sauce, He popped his clogs at 66 years old, Newcastle Brown Ale was his Fave tipple, Regards Larry.

I went to Canada on an organised holiday about 10 years ago and there was 2 Geordie lads on the trip, after about 10 days we went in a bar that sold Newcastle Brown and I don’t think I’ve ever seen 2 people so happy and drink so much they must have doubled the bars profits

mac12:
I went to Canada on an organised holiday about 10 years ago and there was 2 Geordie lads on the trip, after about 10 days we went in a bar that sold Newcastle Brown and I don’t think I’ve ever seen 2 people so happy and drink so much they must have doubled the bars profits

IIRC, Brown Ale in Canada was in small bottles , Which was ruled by the Canadian Controls, Correct me me If Im wrong on this issue, But I hauled this kind of cargo, Regards Larry.

Was in Montreal this summer and the jazz festival was due to start. saw this stand being prepared for business.

Tyneside

A1BA0133-606F-4CE2-9A12-D2ECEA16B80C.jpeg

I had to stop drinking this when I was eighteen,its not called lunatics broth for nothing,sixty two now and I still won’t drink it,I do remember the taste though.

While in Montreal on afore mentioned trip I got talking to a French / Canadian barman who said he liked a few bottles of DOG every week. Had to gently inform that there was UK hospital wards dedicated to drying people out from the effects of drinking the stuff.

Tyneside

in my late teens i conned access to the students union bars at the uni with the bonus of ridiculously cheap drink.
after an all day/night session on looney brew i was later informed i had drank 14 big bottles of the stuff.
it also coincided with waking up in the morning in an 8 ft square stainless steel room which at first i thought was a police cell.
only when the doors opened and i fell over backwards did i realise i had been sleeping in a lift in a high flat.
ive still no clue as to how i got there,but an excellent choice of beverage for a social evening. ( apparantly) :slight_smile:

Apparently one could VERY drunk on not a lot if DOG is taken through a straw, something to do with the blood / oxygen levels while using the straw.
Never tried it myself but hey ho !!!

Tyneside

I was stationed in Catterick in the 70’s, used to go out to Darlington for night out sometimes, drink Newcastle Brown Ale. Loved it.
Fast forward to the 90s, professional musician, 10 day run in the north east.
First place I played I asked for a bottle of Dog in me dressing room for when I came off stage.
Yep, there it was, a bottle of Dog!
Took a big gulp straight out of the bottle, immediately thought "■■■■■■■■ have changed the recipe!!
It tasted I dunno, thinner?
Anyone have any info on that?