American Mid-Terms - Anyone following this?

Current starting bases are:

Senate

Republicans: 51 Democrats: 49

House of Representatives

Republicans: 235 Democrats: 193 Vacant: 7

There seems to be this huge expectation that Trump will be getting his arse kicked tonight.

I can’t see it in those numbers above though.

If anything, I am expecting an imminent “Red Wave”, as the Republicans would seem to only need to “tread water” to send the Democrats into the night with more than just a bloody nose this time around…

I’ve put a fiver on “no majority” simply because @ 66-1 - it seems like a value punt for me, a guy that has a lot of fivers on rank outsider prices all year round.

I’ve also got a fiver on (any of) Wisconsin, Pensilvania, West Virgina, and Ohio to boot their Democrat incumbent Senator.

At the UK election last year, there was this expectation beforehand that Corbyn would lose 50-100 seats.

The price for Corbyn to win between 250 and 299 seats for Labour was 40-1, so I had a tenner on that as another “value bet” - and cleaned up a week’s wages into the bargain.

“If your opinion differs from most people, you can make some easy money out of it - providing your opinion is both correct (to get paid) and “not shared by many others” (to get the big price)”

Anyone else got any thoughts regarding this different from usual election tonight?

The early signs are that “Turnout is HUGE” btw.

No results in as I write this…

The laughably biased establishment mainstream UK coverage is some of the best comedy on the TV at the moment.To the point where the BBC for one example seems to think that it has more right to decide who rules the place and how it’s ruled over there than Trump does.While Obama,like them,seems to conveniently forget that he’s no longer in office.

The Dems think they can now block Trump getting anything further done, and being kicked out in 2020 from all that “Blocking”.

I don’t think so though.

Trump has already allowed “jailing Hitlary” and “The Muslim Travel Ban” - get shoved onto the back burner.

What were they going to “impeach Trump” for again?

The Dems might find that if they play water pistols with petrol in the guns - they’d better make sure there are not any naked lights about on their side of the floor first huh?

The next “Two year plan” of “Stop Trump, but don’t actually do anything positive yourselves” - sets up the Dems quite nicely for a good arse-kicking in 2020.
Trump now has an excuse to come off the gas a bit. The Dems however - WILL be punished for at very least “Each day Trump is not gone” from here on in. :wink:

Winseer:
The Dems think they can now block Trump getting anything further done, and being kicked out in 2020 from all that “Blocking”.

Strange how there was no argument as to the extent of Obama’s presidential powers but suddenly and conveniently those powers no longer exist and turn to cheese when it doesn’t suit the opposition.

Having said that don’t see ‘Trump’ arguing very forcibly concerning the blocking of what are clearly exclusively Presidential decisions.