The talking mutt

A tourist is driving around the back roads of Kerry and he sees a sign in front of a broken down cottage: “Talking Dog For Sale”

He knocks on the door and the owner appears and tells him the dog is around the back.

The guy goes around the back and sees a scruffy looking mongrel.

‘Are you a talking dog?’ he asks.

‘Yeah,’ the dog replies.

After the tourist recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk, he says 'So, what’s your story

The mongrel looks up and says, 'Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to help the government, so I told the Gardai.

In no time at all they had me jetting from county to county, sitting in clubs and pubs with criminals and suspected bank robbers, because no one thought a dog would be eavesdropping.’ 'I was one of the Garda’s most valuable sources of information for eight years running…

But the travelling around really tired me out, and I knew I wasn’t getting any younger so I decided to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security with Customs, wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some big drug shipments and was given a batch of medals and awards.’

‘I got married, had a load of puppies, and now I’m just retired.’

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.

‘Twenty euros,’ the guy says.

‘Twenty euros? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him so cheap?’

'Because he’s a pure [zb] . He’s never been out of the area

:slight_smile:

That dog should be a driver - RDCs all over the country are calling!