Bystander CPR

trevHCS:
Could imagine it being more of an issue in America although only for a small selection of the folks. Looks like they questioned 50 odd people which isnt too big a survey.

Bottom line is just like the Japan example, its possible some dickweed will make a complaint but in this situation the police will likely turn up with the ambulance so they can get the full wrath of the law directed at them (hopefully).

I believe in France, not assisting is actually an offence so not sure how #metoo works there.

I think Albion may have stolen the quote of 2018 award! :wink:

Firstly I think you’re onto a winner with your nomination for “Quote of the Year”!

The 2nd link show to the American Heart Association shows analysis of over 19,000 ‘out of hospital events’, so is probably substantive?
What I noticed, is that only 37% of victims seemed to receive bystander treatment at all! Irrespective of their ■■■.
I wonder if there is any indication of it being only males who are reluctant to touch a female casualty? Would it be less “awkward” for a female to assist a female?
It certainly shouldn’t be so of course.

There have been reputable studies where people in distress are less likely to be aided in crowded environments. It seems we assume that “someone else” will deal with it. Our personal responsibility may be diluted in a crowd.

There is the law in France:
“Non assistance à person en danger”.
A civil and criminal offence.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk