Hobbies

We all know about long hours and being away, it’s a tough old game.

What do you do to relax outside of work? I like to keep my mechanical hand in with my motorbikes and helping friends with their bikes and cars. I admit, I’m a vehicle nut, if it’s got an engine and wheels (or tracks) I’m interested. I also like cycling, and football hooliganism, weirdly. I can’t stand football and I’m not a hooligan, but the subject fascinates me.

I’m also into media blasting and pressure-washing, I find it so cathartic.

Anybody else got strange interests? :laughing:

What’s media blasting?

I’m still belly dancing, though not performing any more. Other than that, usual hobbies, inveterate reader, gardening, dogs. Looking forward next year to having more time for old and new hobbies.

albion:
What’s media blasting?

I’m still belly dancing, though not performing any more. Other than that, usual hobbies, inveterate reader, gardening, dogs. Looking forward next year to having more time for old and new hobbies.

It’s the modern term for sandblasting (not that you’d want to use sand, it’s nasty stuff). I love reading too, so does Mrs Drempels, you’d think we hated each other if you saw us on the settee with our books :laughing:

albion:
I’m still belly dancing, .

None of us believe you, so you need to post a vid to prove it. :smiley:

What is this outside of work of which you speak :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
What is this outside of work of which you speak :laughing:

Know what you mean! :laughing:

Trying to rebuild a Raleigh Chopper. The bits are so expensive!!

Bit of woodworking over weekends.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

folken83:
Bit of woodworking over weekends.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

OOhh matron.

Drempels:
We all know about long hours and being away, it’s a tough old game.

What do you do to relax outside of work? I like to keep my mechanical hand in with my motorbikes and helping friends with their bikes and cars. I admit, I’m a vehicle nut, if it’s got an engine and wheels (or tracks) I’m interested. I also like cycling, and football hooliganism, weirdly. I can’t stand football and I’m not a hooligan, but the subject fascinates me.

I’m also into media blasting and pressure-washing, I find it so cathartic.

Anybody else got strange interests? :laughing:

Am always interested in what the missus plans are so i can have my excuses ready early incase it involves me participating

Leaves me no time for another hobby :laughing:

I like to go Hiking and Wild Camping up in the mountains.

I paraglide and ride my bike a bit. I also make naff comments on truckers forums.

MrFaulconbridge:
I like to go Hiking and Wild Camping up in the mountains.

That’s something I would like to get back into.
not as extreme now as I’m older so just walking these days.
my dream as a kid was to climb the matterhorn in Switzerland, I did that in 1999, it would kill me several times over now.

the nodding donkey:

They are quality! Such attention to detail :open_mouth:

Drempels:

the nodding donkey:

+1. Amazing talent and patience also I’m sure to achieve those results.

The paragliding sounds great too but I don’t think I would have the guts to take that leap of faith.

Hurryup&wait:

Drempels:

the nodding donkey:

+1. Amazing talent and patience also I’m sure to achieve those results.

Thanks guys. Glad you like them.

Horse cuddling

It results in far fewer broken bones than riding the things used to

good_friend:
Horse cuddling

It results in far fewer broken bones than riding the things used to

Awwwww :slight_smile:

Well, it’s a funny one, this hobby lark. If I’ve got time then I haven’t got the money, if I have the money then I haven’t got the time. Know what I mean?

BUT! With this job now, 4 on 4 off, and good wages, then I think I’m going to start…something. What to do, though.
Horse riding? Hmm, yeah, I do like the idea. love animals, love horses. Yep, I like this idea.

Cycling? Used to eff off for 4 hours at at a time on me bike, in Spain though, bit different to here. I’ll give it a miss.

I was thinking of volunteering at an animal shelter. Y’know, walk the dogs, peel cats off the wall, clean ■■■■ up, kind of thing. Gotta wait until I move into my new home, tomorrow, to research that though.

Paragliding! Now THAT looks like fun!

Might, just might, try for a PPL. Private Pilots Licence.
My little bro is a professional pilot, and I’ve always fancied getting a PPL so…mebbe.
Hehe, I say “little bro” he’s 6’ 2", and towers over me at 6’ :slight_smile:

Or mebbe I should resurrect the Stevie Roadshow. Get me guitar out, dust off me vocal tubes, get gigging again.

■■■■ it, I fancy going horsey riding :slight_smile:

If you’re serious I’ve got access to a great Clydesdale X mare.

Could plonk you on her and see how you get on. She might talk you out of the madness at least :laughing: :laughing:

My old lad and me are up for a potter around the village if you are