Well, I can't really say what my secret girlfriend does

Will be the incoming open line at an RDC sometime soon…

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45983882

At least it will open a whole new content for the walts… :grimacing:

At least the boathouse will be dust free [emoji23]

Absolutely right that they can have a go if they are good enough. I’d argue Dame Kelly Holmes would knock the socks of anyone on this site in a tab or endurance run even when we were younger and fitter.

It’s not like you just rock up after phase 1 and put your hand up for it… If they are hopeless they won’t even be considered.

I’d be surprised and impressed if any females could get through selection - I don’t know a huge amount about it. But I do know that even in my fittest days I’d not have dreamed of trying.

What I will find wholly disgusting is if they lower standards selectively to say that a lady has done it. The armed forces are a total disgrace in that they have different requirements for men and women (or used to). If I’m told I need to do certain things to be able to do my job properly the standards should be the same for all.

Wheel Nut:
At least the boathouse will be dust free [emoji23]

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Embassy job would have never come off, it would be at least two trips to pick the baskets and plants…and that’s after the arguments over hanging baskets or pots…

Al I will say is the map reading gene is deficient in a certain type of human and I thought that was one skill special forces needed :wink:

Sammy, that’s the second time today I agree with you. It’s getting worrying!

the old timer:
Al I will say is the map reading gene is deficient in a certain type of human and I thought that was one skill special forces needed :wink:

I learnt to read words because I used to map read for my Dad. Just sayin’ :wink:

A number of things have made me think that the devil has won out and the idea of any female’s family being willing to accept their daughter/sister facing any number of horrific ends in front line military service and her being selfish enough to put them through that just adds to it.Women are supposed to be the weaker softer ■■■ who we protect wherever possible and not deliberately put into harm’s way.What next full equality with no regard to gender in the event of abandoning a sinking ship. :unamused:

i have seen Jeremy kyle some of those women are evil enough to dish out death without a second thought

Carryfast:
A number of things have made me think that the devil has won out and the idea of any female’s family being willing to accept their daughter/sister facing any number of horrific ends in front line military service and her being selfish enough to put them through that just adds to it.Women are supposed to be the weaker softer ■■■ who we protect wherever possible and not deliberately put into harm’s way.What next full equality with no regard to gender in the event of abandoning a sinking ship. :unamused:

Most women won’t want to do frontline stuff, generally women don’t. But stop press, not all women want babies and to piddle around doing office jobs. People vary enormously. This week two men completed their training at Norlands, mystery to me as I can’t stand babies or children, but if it floats their boat then I’m fine with it. I’m guessing they aren’t the join the army catering corps types, never mind the SAS. As Sammy says, as long as the entry standards are not lowered, then I don’t see a problem.

Some of us never even wanted the big white dress fantasy or get married. I wanted to drive a forklift and run a haulage company, I’d have made a rubbish nurse or whatever it is you think I should do.

As for sinking ships, why on earth should it be women ahead of men. I have no belief that my life is more valuable than yours. Or at least not based on gender :laughing:

Carryfast:
What next full equality with no regard to gender in the event of abandoning a sinking ship. :unamused:

Can I quietly admit that I am waiting for the next big ship sink just so I can launch verbals at any media outlet or internet poster that focuses on the female victims in order to make a point of the tragedy, rather than all the victims. It’s all about equality you know…
It’s always women and children first, well not any more, it’s children first and then…if your heads screwed on and you have an ounce of decency it’s women and anyone else you can save. Now however…#reapwhatyousow

albion:
Some of us never even wanted the big white dress fantasy or get married. I wanted to drive a forklift…

Yes, I removed the context, but Christ that would make one awesome wedding video whilst showing true commitment to the industry… :grimacing:

Norfolkinclue1:
Will be the incoming open line at an RDC sometime soon…

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45983882

At least it will open a whole new content for the walts… :grimacing:

I thought just that…!

sammym:
Absolutely right that they can have a go if they are good enough. I’d argue Dame Kelly Holmes would knock the socks of anyone on this site in a tab or endurance run even when we were younger and fitter.

It’s not like you just rock up after phase 1 and put your hand up for it… If they are hopeless they won’t even be considered.

I’d be surprised and impressed if any females could get through selection - I don’t know a huge amount about it. But I do know that even in my fittest days I’d not have dreamed of trying.

What I will find wholly disgusting is if they lower standards selectively to say that a lady has done it. The armed forces are a total disgrace in that they have different requirements for men and women (or used to). If I’m told I need to do certain things to be able to do my job properly the standards should be the same for all.

There’s a new single standard for all, I believe.

Whether that standard is evenly enforced is another matter, mind. The first female candidate for the RAF Regiment elected to drop out, even though her and her instructors were ‘under some pressure’ for her to complete the course.

lets face it, the majority of women serving wouldn’t even be considered for selection let alone pass the tests.

Carryfast:

In WW2 the British were quite OK with sending female SOE agents into Europe…they faced torture and death if caught, and many of them were.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_SOE_agents

Norfolkinclue1:

albion:
Some of us never even wanted the big white dress fantasy or get married. I wanted to drive a forklift…

Yes, I removed the context, but Christ that would make one awesome wedding video whilst showing true commitment to the industry… :grimacing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That excellent documentary titled GI Jane featuring that well known steely eyed killer of the night Demi Moore proved that it can be done!

There’s a very good reason that the military never wanted women on the front line, and that reason was men! Not in a ■■■ pest way or anything like that, but simply that the male of the species is genetically hard wired to help a damsel in distress. This isn’t me coming over all chauvinistic but it’s a fact that a front line soldier during an attack will step over his wounded and screaming best mate in order to carry on the attack, whereas thousands of years of programming will cause him to pause at the sight and sound of an injured female colleague. Ya can’t fight genetics folks.

maga:
lets face it, the majority of women serving wouldn’t even be considered for selection let alone pass the tests.

I’m fairly sure that anyone can go on selection. There’s something at the back of my mind about having at least 3 years service. But that’s about it, I think.

GasGas:

Carryfast:

In WW2 the British were quite OK with sending female SOE agents into Europe…they faced torture and death if caught, and many of them were.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_female_SOE_agents

They were purely volunteers, yes recruited, but they volunteered to go behind lines,