LSE

Franglais:

sammym:
The fatal flaw in thinking here (by both sides) is that all the situations are deterministic in the outcome. Let me try and explain:

I’m driving down the road and there is a sign saying there is a bridge which is 12ft height and I’m running at 14ft. It doesn’t mean I have to hit that bridge - it just means there could be a problem depending if I turn off before it or I turn around.

The economy is the same. My ‘company’ recently lost a contract with it’s biggest customer. So I went to the agencies and did a few assessments and got another gig sorted. The UK will do the same - if there will be problems with getting something we go to the world and get it elsewhere. Some things will be better some worst - but it will all work itself out.

I think it will be an exciting time for young entrepreneurs. Heading off to far distant lands and bringing back goods (on containers probably) to sell. Perhaps even see a bit of the super long distance trucking that Harry Monk reminisces about.

Insignificant things are being made significant by certain people in power who have a vested interest. The Irish boarder is simple. We say there is a border and then don’t have a single resource to guard it. I’ve not heard of any international treaty that says that is wrong. However, that solution isn’t on the table as it’s too easy and too convenient.

Re the Irish border and an easy solution. How well do you understand the problem, to offer an easy fix?

What did Richard Feynman say about people’s comprehension of Quantum Theory?

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Having a lot of family in the south, growing up for a number of years in the north (when we still had armed soldiers on the school bus) and having good friends on both sides of the boarder - I know less than some and more than others.

Now tell me how a paper boarder would cause a problem? What international treaties are being breached. The eu would hate it - but wouldn’t finance a land boarder themselves so would have to live with it. A technical boarder if you will - much like my diesel being nicked was a technical crime. The police had no interest, I wasn’t going to risk myself to protect it and the company stomached it.