German car companies need us more than me need them, init?

So, we were promissed by Brexiters we are sure going to be getting a good deal from EU, from Germans to be precise, as they are the ones that run the EU.
For some reason, it’s not happening, but we still have time, don’t we, they need us more than we need them, surely, after all it’s what BoJo and frog face promissed us, and they wouldn’t lie to British people, surely.

telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 … -happened/

Well, these German car manufacturers are taking their sweet time. Remember them? The guys who were going to make sure the EU gave us a good deal? All right, so

they never actually said they would make sure the EU gave us a good deal. But we were told they would. All the way through the referendum campaign. The EU would have to give us a good deal, because German car manufacturers would insist on it. To them, the British were such important customers that, the minute we voted Leave, they’d be straight on the phone to Angela Merkel, growling, “Now listen up, Frau Chancellor. Give Britain a good deal – or else! Remember – we are the ones in charge here, not you or those clowns in Brussels!”

Yes, they would come through for us, have no fear. And yet mysteriously, more than two years since the referendum, we still haven’t heard a peep out of them. The all-powerful German car manufacturers have yet to stage their decisive pro-British intervention – and there are now less than six months to go. It must be said, they do seem to be leaving it rather late. Surely they can’t have forgotten. Or are their secretaries, at this very minute, bursting into their boardrooms and shrieking, “Herr Chief Executive, I am so sorry! I forgot to remind you of the number one item at the top of your To Do list! ‘June 24, 2016. Order German Chancellor to give British government absolutely anything it wants from Brexit, asap’!”

Whatever the reason for the delay, let’s hope these German car manufacturers get a move on, because things are starting to look just a little bit dicey. Yesterday, talks between Britain and the EU reportedly hit a brick wall, and today the anxiety among MPs reached such a pitch that Theresa May was forced to come to the Commons in an attempt to reassure them. The two sides weren’t “far apart”, she insisted, and “I continue to believe that a deal is achievable”.

MPs did not sound impressed – whichever side of the debate they were on. Brexiteers seemed to suspect that Mrs May was planning to surrender to the EU, while Remainers seemed to suspect that she was planning to surrender to her backbenchers. “She’s dancing to the tune of the hard Brexiteers!” protested Remainer Chris Leslie (Lab, Nottingham East). Brexiteers sighed wistfully.

Above Labour’s groans and jeers, Boris Johnson could just about be heard asking Mrs May to confirm that December 2021 would be the deadline for the “backstop” (the proposal that would in effect see the UK remain temporarily in the EU’s customs union). Mrs May dodged the question. December 2021, she said, was “the expectation” – or at least, it had been, when the “temporary customs arrangement proposal” had been published in June. Mr Johnson stared grimly into the middle distance.

Anyone got a number for a German car manufacturer?

Why? to place an order for one of their pieces of ■■■■?

Get a grip

Crying ■■■■■■■

hkloss1:
So, we were promissed by Brexiters we are sure going to be getting a good deal from EU, from Germans to be precise, as they are the ones that run the EU.
For some reason, it’s not happening, but we still have time, don’t we, they need us more than we need them, surely, after all it’s what BoJo anf frog face promissed us, and they would lie to British people, surely.

telegraph.co.uk/politics/20 … -happened/

Well, these German car manufacturers are taking their sweet time. Remember them? The guys who were going to make sure the EU gave us a good deal? All right, so

they never actually said they would make sure the EU gave us a good deal. But we were told they would. All the way through the referendum campaign. The EU would have to give us a good deal, because German car manufacturers would insist on it. To them, the British were such important customers that, the minute we voted Leave, they’d be straight on the phone to Angela Merkel, growling, “Now listen up, Frau Chancellor. Give Britain a good deal – or else! Remember – we are the ones in charge here, not you or those clowns in Brussels!”

Yes, they would come through for us, have no fear. And yet mysteriously, more than two years since the referendum, we still haven’t heard a peep out of them. The all-powerful German car manufacturers have yet to stage their decisive pro-British intervention – and there are now less than six months to go. It must be said, they do seem to be leaving it rather late. Surely they can’t have forgotten. Or are their secretaries, at this very minute, bursting into their boardrooms and shrieking, “Herr Chief Executive, I am so sorry! I forgot to remind you of the number one item at the top of your To Do list! ‘June 24, 2016. Order German Chancellor to give British government absolutely anything it wants from Brexit, asap’!”

Whatever the reason for the delay, let’s hope these German car manufacturers get a move on, because things are starting to look just a little bit dicey. Yesterday, talks between Britain and the EU reportedly hit a brick wall, and today the anxiety among MPs reached such a pitch that Theresa May was forced to come to the Commons in an attempt to reassure them. The two sides weren’t “far apart”, she insisted, and “I continue to believe that a deal is achievable”.

MPs did not sound impressed – whichever side of the debate they were on. Brexiteers seemed to suspect that Mrs May was planning to surrender to the EU, while Remainers seemed to suspect that she was planning to surrender to her backbenchers. “She’s dancing to the tune of the hard Brexiteers!” protested Remainer Chris Leslie (Lab, Nottingham East). Brexiteers sighed wistfully.

Above Labour’s groans and jeers, Boris Johnson could just about be heard asking Mrs May to confirm that December 2021 would be the deadline for the “backstop” (the proposal that would in effect see the UK remain temporarily in the EU’s customs union). Mrs May dodged the question. December 2021, she said, was “the expectation” – or at least, it had been, when the “temporary customs arrangement proposal” had been published in June. Mr Johnson stared grimly into the middle distance.

Anyone got a number for a German car manufacturer?

How long have you lived in the uk ?

Somebody’s BMW didn’t start this morning…

I’m done with the brexit crap. Fear mongering still going on by the media and it’s getting boring.
funny thing though it’s mainly old media pushing brexit down our throat everyday. They’ve tried to turn it into a daily drama in a vain attempt to buy more papers/watch TV.

All I’ll say is a no deal will not be the end of the world and getting a deal will not be the end of the world.
This entire brexit thing has been seriously overblown.

Question to OP !
Do you drive a truck for a living or are you an armchair labour/liberal politician ■■
as all your posts are Brexit bashing and have nothing constructive to do with truck driving :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

blue estate:
Question to OP !
Do you drive a truck for a living or are you an armchair labour/liberal politician ■■
as all your posts are Brexit bashing and have nothing constructive to do with truck driving :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Hear hear :smiley:

Which translates as the Brits are too stupid to make anything for themselves and are dependent on German imports which ze Germans will embargo if we dare to say no to German rule over us.While assuming you get your way ( likely ) how do we continue to even pay for it bearing in mind that printed and borrowed cash being shuffled around our collapsing service/retail industry dominated economy ain’t going to cut it.While if we wanted to be a subservient state of a German ruled Europe we might as well have surrendered to it in 1939.Also can’t believe that the remainers want to keep pushing at an open door when it’s obvious that they can’t possibly lose this argument obviously having the Head of State and all that goes with that role,regarding the supposed defence of the nation against foreign takeover,on their side since 1973.Make no mistake if we were ever going to leave the EU then the Queen and her armed forces would have stopped our membership of this corrupt Soviet style takeover in its tracks in 1973 let alone having allowed the signing of the Single European Act and Maastricht and Lisbon treaties.

All depends what you read

express.co.uk/news/politics … trade-deal

Plus remember that as far as the EU is concerned we are a net contributor to their budget, so us leaving is going to cost Germany and France more and Junckers et al don’t want their fanatical view of Europe criticised in anyway.

They are having a tantrum, and at the last minute will realise that a deal needs to be done

We should be stronger and all will fall into place.

I like how Remainers keep saying Leavers are stupid yet all the time you hear Remainers on TV saying that apparently they don’t know what leave means and come up with loads of scenarios.

Well it is simple, the word is a simple 5 letter word with a definition clearly defined in any dictionary. To go away from, depart from permanently, cease attending. To no longer be a part of any of it at all. It doesn’t get clearer than that. Sure you try to do a trade deal on your way out especially as Article 50 requires the EU to do a deal with any departing nation but apart from that it was clear what we were voting for.

If you don’t understand the definition of a simple 5 letter word should you be in a position of power?

Beetlejuice:
How long have you lived in the uk ?

Obviously not long enough if at all,to find out what being a net contributor and subservient net importer member state of the EU with an economy to match,really means in the event of needing expensive health care in a typical cash and resource starved UK hospital.To which the answer of the remainers is let’s go on giving the country away because we supposedly can’t trust our own leaders to give it back to us.The difference being that we can vote them out of office unlike the EU dictators who control who gets what within the EU.No surprise that the Germans will make sure that they will stay first in line for what riches there are to be had for the taking from the deal.

Conor:
I like how Remainers keep saying Leavers are stupid yet all the time you hear Remainers on TV saying that apparently they don’t know what leave means and come up with loads of scenarios.

Well it is simple, the word is a simple 5 letter word with a definition clearly defined in any dictionary. To go away from, depart from permanently, cease attending. To no longer be a part of any of it at all. It doesn’t get clearer than that. Sure you try to do a trade deal on your way out especially as Article 50 requires the EU to do a deal with any departing nation but apart from that it was clear what we were voting for.

If you don’t understand the definition of a simple 5 letter word should you be in a position of power?

They was said that Britain would be broke when we left the ERM
They said that Britain would fail if we didn’t join the Euro

Neither happened

The fact is when we joined the common market it was just that a common market

Then the EU lunatics decided that they wanted to control everything
Unelected career politicians that have no real world working life experience who are on huge salaries and even bigger pensions.

Is it any wonder that they don’t want anything or anyone to stand in the way of their gravy train.

The sooner we are out the better, and once done and the others see that we dont fall apart then the EU will fail apart

Even the guy who invented the Euro has said that it is doomed

cav551:
Why? to place an order for one of their pieces of [zb]?

So which ones are better ■■? think you must have bought an absolute shed in the past to say that … :unamused:

raymundo:

cav551:
Why? to place an order for one of their pieces of [zb]?

So which ones are better ■■? think you must have bought an absolute shed in the past to say that … :unamused:

youtube.com/watch?v=_T8Sid6386s

youtube.com/watch?v=y0gpid6dwI4

I understand the ZB filter although feel it’s set a little high, but is there a filter for posting whilst on drugs?

Who’s worried?, i’m not, if i wanted another German car (i don’t, fingers well burned previously) and we have left under WTO principles, which is what leaving with no deal implies, then i’ll have to pay a bit more for it, or the vast German car machine will just have to cut its price a little so the net cost to the Brit customer remains only stupidly not ridiculously overpriced, either way, people will still be signing up to rent the things under PCP/lease or whatever never never scheme they prefer.

All is going swimmingly far as i can see, there is no way on this earth the Chequers farce will get through parliament and the EU doesn’t want it either, odd because it should be ideal for them keeps the UK prisoner with no say and paying through the nose for the privelidge, which only goes to prove that we in Britain are not exclusive in having lunatics running the country.

So full departure in March with no deal…hoo bloody ray…just what we voted for in 2016, cheerio EU, hello individual trading with countries.

Oh the irony, the most remain govt possible, who have bollocksed up the negotiations to such an extent, ably assisted by the most incompetent bunch of unelected apparatchiks they could find in the whole of the world to run the EU, who between them have made Britains full departure from the hell of the EU certain.

Anyway what news about Brexit?
I suggest doing the same as i have been for the last 30 years, do not read or watch or listen to the MSM news or political discussions, it’s either fake or distorted or pure propaganda anyway, especially keep away from the state broadcaster.

I’m sure all the reliable indisputable facts will be found on Trucknet by the many intellectuals who post on here …

This is what was said beforehand

twitter.com/daviddavismp/status … 64?lang=en

Well, that turned out well, didn’t it?

:smiley: