German car companies need us more than me need them, init?

Franglais:

hkloss1:

adam277:
Germany is in a pretty good place socially (for the most part) I doubt many will argue it’s done it’s part to make amends for what happened during ww2.

And my history is pretty rough with this sort of stuff but I’m pretty sure all countries agreed they should stop paying at some during the EAST/WEST division.

Also I think it would be unfair to throw that amount of debt on people who weren’t even alive during the time. Like being sent to prison for something your grandad did.

Unfortunately these countries in the East, still have to live with the legacy of what happened to them during WWII and after it.
When the west was able to develop it’s industries, they were locked behind the iron curtain in inefficient wasteful communist system , and when the communist system finally collapsed these countries in the east found themselves indebted, poor, and their demographic stats have peaked.

Now, the West invited them to join the EU, just to ■■■■ blood out them them again, ie import their young, pretty well educated workforce.

German, western companies were allowed to use Marshall plan to kick start their economies, their companies were able to develop themselves from ground up, so when the iron curtain fell western companies with capital in their banks were able to pick one by one, inefficient cash and technology poor eastern European companies, to stifle their potential competition coming from the East.
It’s much easier to buy your competitor and then subsidise them by sending money, to build their infrastructure making those countries dependent on you for cash , than having to compete with their efficient economies, if they were given a chance to thrive as the West was, after the war, isn’t it?

Germans don’t complain that they have to subsidise the East, as they know that at any time they can cut flow of the money when things start getting shaky, while in the meantime pretending how good and generous they are, while having their economies dependant on Germany’s companies orders, treating them as type of subcontractor ( be nice and friendly to us otherwise you won’t be getting the money and commercial orders. We can make you poor real fast, you know that, don’t you).

It’s all about competition, and making others dependant on you.

I suspect it is in Germany’s interest to let this country go, they wouldn’t admit it openly, but it is in Germany’s interest.

For Germany, there is some going to be some pain felt for , maybe some years to come, but German politicians will have someone to blame for it all, the UK, the UK was at fault, if they didn’t leave there wouldn’t be any suffering.

Germans building partnership with Russia, Russia needs German technology to develop itself, Germans need Russias natural resources.

When the UK was still in the EU, and had same voting, same voting power as Germany and France had, there was a strong country in the EU that could counterbalance Germany’s geopolitical ambitions, when this country gets out , there is going to be nobody as French are also getting very friendly with Russia.

It’s not difficult to imaginable in 10, 20, 30 years time, this country having to face an alliance of Russia and Germany and maybe even France and Austria.
The US is getting more and more indebted, on the other hand I have noticed Germany being able to cut down it’s debt pretty quickly, Russia, yes , it is being poor, but also has low levels of national debt.

Russia is constantly harassing this country, but never harasses Germany.

Russia and Germany managed to build gas pipeline under Baltic sea, and want to build the second part.
It would have been much cheaper, much less complicated to expand current gas pipelines, connecting both countries, but they have decided to bypass all other countries, and if those countries want this Russian gas, they will need to buy it from Germany, making them dependant on Germany’s current and future governments good will.

US is cutting it’s military spending wherever it can and shifting its resources towards the pacific, to stop China expanding, what will this country do when the US is not going to be able to afford to help in time of need?

You might all think the Brexit vote was about truck getting their a couple of pounds more or less per hour.
It’s always about geopolitics.

IMHO there’s a lot in what you say, but I don’t agree with it all.
The Marshall Plan was (in contrast to Versailles) a success. But its effects should be largely over by now surely? Some out there are still picking for a fight but German reparations for war damage is surely foolish now?
Although some will argue otherwise?

"The West invited the East to join post 1989 “just to ■■■■ it’s blood”?
What choice did they have? A well armed and poor, maybe hungry nation at the borders? Maybe no violence but keeping them out would make the current economic migration seem tiny, compared with what might have happened?

Russia did ok with technology during the cold war didn’t it? And it can…obtain… most anything it wants today, surely? It won’t kowtow to the Germans for it, i’d suggest.

EU countries forming small alliances against other groupings? Exactly what the EU is there to prevent, surely?

Rus/German pipeline route?
Under the sea is more expansive,but avoiding Middle East hot spots is worth it maybe?

Again agree with you about the Marshall plan.

Not only to “■■■■ its blood” but mainly to expand its borders back to pre- war and push Russia back where it originally was.

There will always be alliances for conveniences. EU or even UN would not prevent that.

This Russian/German pipeline is a very concerning affair. What are thee Germans getting in return is what I would like to know.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk