The new Doctor Who

I watched the first episode of the new series at the weekend does anyone else think it’s lost it’s magic touch now that it has Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor■■?

Image removed.

I’m all in favour. That Tardis must need hoovering by now.

I would ! :laughing:

Are actors cheaper in T’north?

Lovin the northern accents but can’t help thinking one of em is gonna compare how hard their gravel breakfast was harder than yours, YOU BIG SOUTHERN POOFTERS…

robroy:

Thats a given my old mate, it’s more in this day and age what you WOULDNT do!!!

TheNewBoy:
I watched the first episode of the new series at the weekend does anyone else think it’s lost it’s magic touch now that it has Jodie Whittaker as the Doctor■■?

Image removed.

Being the BBC , diversity was the name of the game . The Doctor had to be female , black ,Asian , gay ,lesbian , disabled , or any combination , but not male .

rigsby:

TheNewBoy:

Image removed.

Being the BBC , diversity was the name of the game . The Doctor had to be female , black ,Asian , gay ,lesbian , disabled , or any combination , but not male .

Or Scottish…

AndieHyde:

rigsby:

TheNewBoy:

Image removed.

Or Scottish…

It’s an English spoken programme so if Scottish no one ‘darn saarf’ would be able to understand her …

I don’t watch much TV, but the PC casting is getting silly now.

In ‘The Bodyguard’ apart from the titular hero, pretty much everyone in any position of authority, plus the bomb disposal people and the police marksmen were either female, or ethnic, or both.

In Hinterland, the female detectives outnumber the male.

And don’t get started on Killing Eve…

I enjoyed all of them…but it’s really not a reflection of real life.

She’d only been behind the wheel for five bloody minutes when this happened…

Stood in the queue at Lloyds other day.They have a big tv screen in most branches playing those cheesy,patronising…‘life moments’ on a loop.You know the type of thing,tearful mother hugging son leaving home for uni.Second scene,first family house move…feet up on packing cases,warm beverages to hand.third-couple hugging in pigeon infested city square-caption-“He said yes” :exclamation: Fourth-child dangling twix linked couples hands,radiant smile on fizzog and finally corporate woman juggling smart phone walking down Cheyne walk or suchlike, London turpike.
Only thing is uni mum and dad are of Nubian stock,ditto family moving home.Couple in city square, both blokes.Childs ‘mothers’.?.wimmin :exclamation: and corporate -careerist bint with hectic social life?.. Persian by the looks of it.

Oh,a token white dizzy, old bird was thrown in for balance you understand :exclamation: I found it all completely nauseating and complained to a clerk of millennial vintage.Got short-shrift from her.That was the disturbing bit,a totally culturally disenfranchised robot-programmed response as standard.I left feeling,not like Albert Steptoe on one of his famous rants :laughing: just shocked at the in- your- face,no doubt Tavistock- Institute sponsored, perception- engineering, display on show that day tbh.

Why anyone subjects themselves to crud like Dr bloody Who is beyond my comprehension,but i’ll wager there will be a Mohammed Bond by the end of the decade :confused:

robroy:

What, you’d don the frilly pinny and hoover the tardis for her?

Don’t admit this to the missus or she’ll upgrade your jobs beyond emptying said hoover and it’s all downhill from there!

Not actually seen it so far (Dr Who, not Robroy looking like he’s from that Queen video) but it seems to be doing alright for viewers so far. Think the last one i saw was with that guy from One foot in the grave set in WWII. Not sure if it got better.

Btw, are the Darleks feminine eco warriors yet?

trevHCS:

robroy:

What, you’d don the frilly pinny and hoover the tardis for her?

Don’t admit this to the missus or she’ll upgrade your jobs beyond emptying said hoover and it’s all downhill from there!

Not actually seen it so far (Dr Who, not Robroy looking like he’s from that Queen video)

Wasn’t responding to Harrry’s post, I meant…‘I would’. :bulb: :neutral_face:

Now that you mention the Queen vid … I really thought at the time that RogerTaylor was a real woman dressed as a schoolgirl (mature one btw ! :smiley: ) and thought ‘‘she’’ looked fit. :blush: :blush: So maybe I’ve a slight dodgy taste in blonde women after all eh? :laughing:

tumblr_mkuvjtHAWy1rvaggno1_r1_400.gif

trevHCS:

Not quite

youtu.be/z3pHvH8sPT4

commonrail:

trevHCS:

Not quite

youtu.be/z3pHvH8sPT4

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
you can blame spike for setting it all off there.

youtube.com/watch?v=C0n88tZQc4Q

Different times lol

commonrail:
Different times lol

and better times :slight_smile: