if no deal

extract from DfT

Community Licences, ECMT permits and market access
In the unlikely event of no deal, UK hauliers could no longer rely on automatic recognition by the EU of UK-issued Community Licences. Hauliers may therefore no longer be able to access EU markets with their Community Licence alone. This would also end the ability of UK hauliers to perform cabotage.

EU countries may choose to recognise that UK-issued operator licences and associated authorisations are based on the same standards as EU Community Licences and do not require further authorisations. This would ensure continued cross-border trade, but cannot be guaranteed.

And giant mutant wood louse may take over rendering concerns over Brexit meaningless and the UK government might not recognise the EU licenses (hint 88% of cross channel work is not done by a British truck) and then again we might not Brexit.

Hands up UK hauliers who perform cabotage. Anyone?

In the long term, Brexit can only be good for the majority of UK business.

People are not going to stop buying the mountains of ■■■■■ that they buy now. If more if it ends up being produced in the UK instead of originating from EU, this can only be good for UK haulage surely.

People have been moaning for years on here about foreign drivers pushing wages and standards down, and foreign firms pushing prices down. What’s the problem?

Here,don’t shoot me. I’m just passing on that which the Government is advising and I am beginning to think that we weren’t told the whole truth on which to base our decisions in the referendum.

Optimum:
Here,don’t shoot me. I’m just passing on that which the Government is advising and I am beginning to think that we weren’t told the whole truth on which to base our decisions in the referendum.

I am unarmed :smiley:

We are NEVER told the truth about anything by government.

This one backfired on them so project fear has been ramped up significantly

If you don’t know what the other side are going to want/demand, how can you tell anyone what will happen?

I was definitely told that following a decision to leave that there would be half a million unemployed, firms would flee, instead of which unemployment is at a 43 year low, business investment is up, wages are rising at the fastest rate in three years…

So by that, I’m not intending to suggest that things won’t become worse if/when we Brexit, just that firstly we were told that life would be terrible if voted to leave, secondly, no-one seems to have a functioning crystal ball so they may as well admit it’s all a bit of a guess and thirdly, I’m a pragmatist and now that I’m knocking on, I generally find things are never as bad as the Chicken Lickens suggested.

I’ll leave this here for the moment, but I expect it will be moved to Bullys soon - Carryfast, Winseer…where are you :laughing:

albion:
And giant mutant wood louse may take over rendering concerns over Brexit meaningless and the UK government might not recognise the EU licenses (hint 88% of cross channel work is not done by a British truck) and then again we might not Brexit.

There’s a lot more of theirs over here, than ours over there - it’s true.

Are we talking about a make-believe “haulier” saying these DfT remarks btw?
I wouldn’t expect there to be many Hauliers still standing against Brexit being “got on with” by this point…

Any cut in number of the 88% - has got to mean “more internal business” for UK hauliers, post-Brexit…

Am I right? :slight_smile:

Optimum:

It doesn’t matter what the truth is or isn’t. We voted Leave - because we’re ■■■■■■ off with the whole fraudulent EU thing.
Pundits keep lying that “all these Leave voters have now changed their minds”… But they are only asking people in Remain-voting areas, and likely Remain voters - that have now changed their minds!

Not once since the referendum - has some “survey” in the street asked me my opinion regarding Brexit… I guess that’s because I live in a ward which both voted Brexit, and has a 5-figure majority Tory MP…

“Nothing for remainers to see or hope for here - move along!”

Oh please.

Anyone who has an ounce of common sense left wouldn’t believe a word that leaves the mouth of a modern politician.
They lie, they tell you what you want to hear to further the causes of their sponsors, they and their lackeys and placemen and disciples even sink to the depths of brainwashing little children…a crime that should carry a life sentence or worse…it’s what they have always done, anyone who has left full time education more than a couple of years ago should have started to work all this out by now.
Tip, switch off the propaganda box in the corner, stop reading and listening to the mainstream indoctrination machine.

We didn’t base our votes on what lies either side told us, the referendum result is the result of what we have seen with our very own eyes over the course of our lives, however long that might have been, we made our minds up years ago to get out at as soon as we got the chance.
Because they live in an unreal bubble where they never meet anyone remotely normal or capable of independent thought, they (Cameron the Vanished) and his mates both here and in the EU, thought the referendum was a mere formality and they could frighten us into doing as bidden.

Well bad luck Dave, because you never met anyone real in your pampered life, you hadn’t a clue just how much we despise you and all the politicians apparatchiks and media rats who have betrayed us since 1973 when traitor Heath and his cohorts conned us into the EEC, and we’ve been waiting since that day some of us for the chance to get out, so it wouldn’t have mattered even if you’d sent out your paramilitary goons who shot Jean Charles de Menezes dead (oh and promoted the commander who gave the order to the job Met job :unamused: , you really couldn’t make this crap up) to force us at gunpoint to vote for ever further EU ■■■■■■■■■■, we were voting out whatever you said and did.

And as for May, the most hopeless Home Secretary in living memory, currently the same standard as PM, there are no words, though they say you get the govt you deserve, and its true we the electorate keeping voting for the same bunch and expect a different result.

Speaking for me, i never expected the outcome to be easy, i fully expect my wallet to be lighter following Brexit (if we ever get it), and there to be years of problems to come.
But you know what? nothing worth having in this life comes free, and regaining our national sovereignty and all that entails for our children and theirs will be worth whatever sacrifices i/we will have to make.

Millions of good men and women, far better than i and a thousand times better than those who hypocrytically stand at the Cenotaph looking suitably glum for the cameras, lie deep in the earth long before their time defending this once fine country and its (not always loyal) allies from the hordes.
Whatever sacrifices i and the other 17.4 million make to be free from west european version of the USSR will be nothing compared to those who gave their lives for this once Jerusalem.

Juddian:
i fully expect my wallet to be lighter following Brexit (if we ever get it), and there to be years of problems to come.

Despite knowing this I still voted to leave, I expect 3-5 years of economic turmoil post brexit while the ■■■■■■■■ and finger pointing ceases, but like everything else in world history, things will eventually stabilise and I foresee a period of economic prosperity in 5-10 years.

As for the woman at the labour conference calling for a general strike, she wants a reality check.
Likewise there’s more chance of seeing Lord Lucan riding shergar up to the door of Downing Street, than you have of seeing Jeremy Corbyn walking through the door of No10 as prime minister

All I ever read is opinion. Nothing is fact because nobody knows anything.

But it does make me wonder…

Has anyone actually done something in their personal lives to sort of “Brexit-proof” their finances if you like?

A few months after the vote I fixed my mortgage long term, and I’ve used the time to pay off niggling debts which will be clear at the start of March so worst case I’m alright. Has anyone else prepared like this?

Yes it might sound overly dramatic but at the end of the day if things go belly up for a bit I’m covered and if they don’t then I’ve got more cash so win win I guess lol

toonsy:
All I ever read is opinion. Nothing is fact because nobody knows anything.

But it does make me wonder…

Has anyone actually done something in their personal lives to sort of “Brexit-proof” their finances if you like?

A few months after the vote I fixed my mortgage long term, and I’ve used the time to pay off niggling debts which will be clear at the start of March so worst case I’m alright. Has anyone else prepared like this?

Yes it might sound overly dramatic but at the end of the day if things go belly up for a bit I’m covered and if they don’t then I’ve got more cash so win win I guess lol

Not in the least overdramatic, but the best of sense whatever the state of the economy, because nationally or personally you never know what’s around the corner, and any bugger with any sense knows these artificially low interest rates cannot last seeing as the national debt is knocking on the door of £2 Trillion…if someone wants to list the zeros that £2000 Billion really is then be my guest.

It the most liberating feeling in the world when they haven’t got you by the ■■■■■■■■.

The promised “Economic Turmoil” is 99% about “Britain being punished for Leaving” and 1% about our holiday pound not going quite as far these past 2 years… :bulb:

What can the EU still do to us, if we persist in ■■■■■■■ on their chips?

(1) The ECB engages in a UK Bond-buying strike. This would have the effect of slowly driving up interest rates.

(2) The IMF refuses to “bail us out next time” - should we get into trouble, like we did just a few short years after joining the EEC in the first place.

(3) EU politicians continue to feed us “Fake Intel” about how Russia is about to invade Europe, and why the UK need to both fund and bleed for the EU army project, as well as NATO.

(4) EU politicians refuse to recognize the difference between Eastern European immigrants actually here to work, pay taxes, integrate, and share their women - with the Non-EU crowd from the far side of the mediterranean who are here to take jobs in TfL, NHS, and Local Government - but bugger all else other than sign up for benefits.

(5) The EU continue to trade with Iran when it is under US embargo. and Germany continues to buy cheap energy from Russia to assist it’s stranglehold monopoly in the EU - despite such trade breaching their OWN embargo!

(6) The EU, ECB, IMF, European National Banks, and of course George Soros - will continue to manipulate the Euro currency to be way higher than it should be, adding to EU unemployment, followed by sending their “weaponized” fake (economic) migrants over to Blighty, whilst we still dither within the shackles of the European Court of Yuman Rights.

(7) George Soros “isn’t interfering in UK politics” - He’s a philanthropist you see… Woe betide anything to do with Brexit that gets money from voluntary UK citizen donations though! That’s UK citizens trying to influence UK politics via their donations and votes - and that would NEVER do - would it?! :imp:

(8) The EU won’t tell us if a terror attack is about to take place on the UK mainland. “Withholding Vital Evidence” that happens to be a matter of life and death - USED to be a serious offence… Who do we blame when the first and next one “slips the net” then?

(9) The EU won’t pay forthcoming sums of money to UK politicians - if they fail in their bids from different corners of Westminster - to stop Brexit.

In my mind (9) is the biggest and continuing block to Brexit that exists - still!

Anti Strasbourg.jpg

I voted leave to get our hands on the money we pay to Brussels… Be if £350m per week, £100m per week, or £999m per week. We won’t know just how much it is - until we’ve actually GOT it!

They have told us that we are an insignificant speck of dust, hurtling through an infinite universe at a million miles an hour towards impending doom, and no one bats an eyelid… lies come easy to our overlords.

Funny how the west and Russia are mortal enemies on earth, but the best of friends up on the international fake space station…

Just watching the Labour party conference, they remind me of the hokey cokey when it comes to Brexit, ie in out in out shake it all about. The one sided media assault on Brexit is so blatantly obvious. The remoaners like Blair, he is yesterday’s news and I certainly wouldn’t believe a word that comes out of his slimey cake hole. Sadiq Khan, can’t sort London out let alone the whole of the UK. The Liberals, SIR Nick Clegg, who got paid to issue that title? Sir Vince Cable needs to get his pipe and slippers out right now. Tory Dominic Grieve, the tory mouth piece on remoan, I wouldn’t believe any of the remoan hype that comes out of his mealy mouth.

Deal or no deal, come back Nigel Farage, the political door is wide open for you!

peirre:
As for the woman at the labour conference calling for a general strike, she wants a reality check.
Likewise there’s more chance of seeing Lord Lucan riding shergar up to the door of Downing Street, than you have of seeing Jeremy Corbyn walking through the door of No10 as prime minister

The only place where the unions still hold any real power is in the public sector so a general strike would shut schools, hospitals and benefit services, all would firmly hit the very people Labour are claiming to want to help the most the hardest. Strikes where the unions don’t have a monopoly would just lead to job losses as the contracts go elsewhere.

We are down the pan…Brexit is the worse idea ever, if you don’t believe me go ask Mogg what his ideas are on a future nhs or education system or even better still workers conditions.
So sad unless you really enjoy piling the pounds on eating Hershey bars.

No one voted for Jeremy Corbyn but you may get him and his pals, that’s the problem with democracy.

Where are the RHA and FTA hiding while the DfT are outlining their preferred vision?

Wheel Nut:
No one voted for Jeremy Corbyn but you may get him and his pals, that’s the problem with democracy.

Where are the RHA and FTA hiding while the DfT are outlining their preferred vision?

Where they are always hiding under the nearest stone :imp:

Initially no one voted for Theresa May and we all know where she is taking us…Democracy my left leg!