Naughty step ??

Where’s Sammyn disappeared to since he spit his dummy out the other day and went cryin to admin ■■ By the way, I do not miss him … just wondering if maybe he’s been put on the naughty step ? :slight_smile:

Premod/ premed, take your pick. He posted on the feedback forum that he was off.

Maybe he will sulk for a couple of days, do a bit of lurking in the background then come back as someone else ■■ …

well apparrently the last premod post was that it suited him ect,though you might imagine that he still exists as the cpl of pals in the entourage of followers anyway?
check the post that was complaining about the mods removing the pilot post and you can have a laugh there… :smiley:

Read that and did get a cheap chuckle … think he’s away now to study to become a Comet pilot for BOAC … :slight_smile:

What is it these days with guys who play the bullying card at the drop of a hat.
Bullying is a serious situation and the word should not be branded about willy nilly as a first option , and it gets on my ■■■■ to be quite honest.
We’re all (supposed to be) grown men who drive big trucks ffs, not ■■■■ members of the Ballet academy. :unamused:
Bullying is a step beyond a bit of teasing and ■■■■ taking on a forum, it bears no resemblance for instance to the time my youngest lad was bullied in junior school by about 3 little shts, he used to come home inconsolable, so how tf is it anywhere near the same.

Btw…he’s same build and similar character as me nowadays, I’d like to see those little ■■■■ s try it now. :smiley:

robroy:
What is it these days with guys who play the bullying card at the drop of a hat.
Bullying is a serious situation and the word should not be branded about willy nilly as a first option , and it gets on my ■■■■ to be quite honest.
We’re all (supposed to be) grown men who drive big trucks ffs, not [zb] members of the Ballet academy. :unamused:
Bullying is a step beyond a bit of teasing and ■■■■ taking on a forum, it bears no resemblance for instance to the time my youngest lad was bullied in junior school by about 3 little shts, he used to come home inconsolable, so how tf is it anywhere near the same.

Btw…he’s same build and similar character as me nowadays, I’d like to see those little [zb] s try it now. :smiley:

In principle robroy I agree with you. Sticks and stones etc. But you only have to look at the where’s Andrew thread to see bullying in action. If bullying is to generate a negative emotion in someone whether that’s through fear of violence or constant negative or mocking comments, then that thread is a prime example.

Sammy m is the same case in principle. The constant accusation true or not are bound to have a negative effect on the poster. I even saw my own name in there as an alias of his! It might be fair to say he brought it on himself with some of the drivel he posted, some of it clearly with the sole intention of provoking a response, but should we really be blaming the victim for being a victim? As the rules of the forum state, argue the post, not the poster.

Some people on here should be taking a good look at themselves, and I include myself in this, and remember the old saying. If you cant say something nice, dont say anything.

Nite Owl:

robroy:
We’re all (supposed to be) grown men who drive big trucks ffs, not [zb] members of the Ballet academy. :unamused:

Btw…he’s same build and similar character as me nowadays, I’d like to see those little [zb] s try it now. :smiley:

In principle robroy I agree with you. Sticks and stones etc. But you only have to look at the where’s Andrew thread to see bullying in action. If bullying is to generate a negative emotion in someone whether that’s through fear of violence or constant negative or mocking comments, then that thread is a prime example.

Sammy m is the same case in principle. The constant accusation true or not are bound to have a negative effect on the poster. I even saw my own name in there as an alias of his! It might be fair to say he brought it on himself with some of the drivel he posted, some of it clearly with the sole intention of provoking a response, but should we really be blaming the victim for being a victim? As the rules of the forum state, argue the post, not the poster.

Some people on here should be taking a good look at themselves, and I include myself in this, and remember the old saying. If you cant say something nice, dont say anything.

Well, I aint sure that the ‘Andrew’ thread constitutes actual bullying either tbh mate, I suppose it depends on individual interpretation of the word.

My criteria on here is I won’t say what I would not say to a stranger in conversation, or argument in a pub (so now you know why I’ve had a lot of ag in pubs over the years :laughing: )

I myself have a loyal following of a select few ■■■■ whits on here :unamused: , who seem to make a beeline towards stuff that I post on the forum (You know who you are :smiley: )
I just put them down as a mild irritation rather than take them at all seriously, and I certainly don’t let them upset me…why would I ffs, it’s a forum on a computer not a real life scenario.
If I’m honest I actually (and mischieviously :blush: ) enjoy ■■■■■■■ them off.
However if they react (as they often do :smiley: ) by trying to do the same to me with insults and name calling, I just laugh it off to myself and move on…the absolute last thing I would do is run to the mods shouting ‘‘bullying’’ , and I’m big enough and ugly enough to deal with any attempt at that anyway.
I suppose it’s all down to individual make up and character.

I think we all have people here who disagree with us, and if they start to get personal about it then its just as simple to put them on ignore, it usually works and as a bonus you don’t inadvertantly read their posts unless someone else quotes them.

The poster in discussion here could get personal themselves, so its a bit rich complaining.

Nite Owl:

robroy:

if you come on here waving your willy or rubbing people’s faces in it you can expect to be put on the spot end of .

[/quote]
if you come on here waving your willy or rubbing people’s faces in it you can expect to be put on the spot end of .
[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
there has to be an argument that if you didnt come back on after 3 month on premod as a born again son of ukdrtrampdamon condescending up your own jacksy superior to all over qualifed driving god and constantly post pish and drivvle expecting your best best mate new pals and everyone else to lap it up then you may not find yourself on the receiving end of some well deserved abuse?

Yuk I would really really get annoyed if anyone came on here waving their willy and then even thinking of trying to rub my face in it … :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:

Let’s just try and keep things on topic eh. :wink:

dieseldog999:

[/quote]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
there has to be an argument that if you didnt come back on after 3 month on premod as a born again son of ukdrtrampdamon condescending up your own jacksy superior to all over qualifed driving god and constantly post pish and drivvle expecting your best best mate new pals and everyone else to lap it up then you may not find yourself on the receiving end of some well deserved abuse?
[/quote]
So what your saying is you didn’t like him so he deserved to be abused?

Nite Owl:

Not at all in normal circumstances but come to on the site acting like a know it all but actually knowing ■■■■ all then how would you expect reasonable people to react ■■ Sammyn was deliberately trying to wind people up then wet his ■■■■■■■ when he never got the response to of what a clever chap he said he was, bit of a ■■■■ in my opinion !!

raymundo:

Nite Owl:

Not at all in normal circumstances but come to on the site acting like a know it all but actually knowing [zb] all then how would you expect reasonable people to react ■■ Sammyn was deliberately trying to wind people up then wet his ■■■■■■■ when he never got the response to of what a clever chap he said he was, bit of a ■■■■ in my opinion !!

I dont think I can argue that some people come on here simply to get a rise out of others and cause disruption. But why not simply treat such posts with the contempt they deserve and ignore them? Be the better man as it were. The way some of them posts evolved into slanging matches was embarassing. Frankly, some of the replies were worse than the original post. It causes more disruption trolling the troll than the original troll post.

If you cant be bothered to read that, and I wouldn’t blame you, I’ll put my opinion in one sentence.

If you dont like a post, ignore it.

If you cant be bothered to read that, and I wouldn’t blame you, I’ll put my opinion in one sentence.

If you dont like a post, ignore it.
[/quote]
^^^^^^^
if everyone did that,then the traffic would drop 99% overnight.
to me the sad part is that some folk cant see the big picture for whatever reason then reply to the post as if its genuine or somehow real.

I don’t understand what it is with you guys, I really don’t.

Ok, Sammy mebbe went a bit ott in some of his replies, but they were replies to digs against him.

I have sent, and received, PMs from a prominent TN member, asking what the concerns were about Sammy, got a reply, I answered that reply explaining that, no, he is not UKtramp or whoever you think he is, and I am not another profile of …of…whatever you think he is.

SInce I got here a while back I have posted some stupid questions, but legitimate for me because I did not know the answer. On the whole, I got some really good support and my dumbass questions were answered. Thanks, I appreciate it, and the stupid questions from me haven’t stopped yet.

On some other stuff it wasn’t that easy to sort the wheat from the chaff. Sammy got in touch with me via PM and helped me a great deal. So much so that, using his information, I was able to get a decent job and am still working. All thanks to Sammy. I also got a phone call from a another TN member to help me to understand the tachograph. Thank you, you nice person :slight_smile:
The TAT thread? I suspect that this was the straw. But look at it, it wasn’t Sammy using acronyms to spell banned words, it was US, the hoi polloi. Then Sammy gets put on Pre mod, or banned, dunno.

Sammy expressed a desire to go fly planes. He shared his ambition with you guys, his mates (?) You all took the ■■■■. Why? Because someone wanted to better themselves? He’s doing it, and he’s doing it right now. First flying lesson was today. I’ll keep you informed.
Mate of mine was a plod 5 years ago, met him at me sisters wedding. Top blokey. Met him again a year back. He now flies 737s for a living. Can be done.

So, look at yourselves, at what you think you have achieved here by banning, pre modding, a decent bloke. You’ve lost an intelligent, hard working, caring, wagon driver. Yes, he’s young, yes, he can be a bit OTT, but dammit, he’s a bloody good guy.And who of us has never been a bit over enthusiastic, a bit OTT? I would rather have a keen fella on my team than a lazy ■■■■■■■■
He backed up everything he said with photos too.

■■■■■■ you owe him an apology. But I wouldn’t blame him if he didn’t want to come back to your playground.

Owe him an apology !!! What planet you from ■■? He’s nowt but a big headed pompas ■■■ who pretends to be much more superior than yer average Trucknet know it all … and as for taking flying lessons tell us what sort of plane is his first flight in ■■? (radio controlled model more like :slight_smile: )

Say what you want, the lad is doing it .
You, on the other hand, aren’t, and haven’t.