People finally coming to their senses?

Better late than never, I guess

msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/b … ailsignout

hkloss1:

You forgot to add that it was in your opinion, it certainly isn’t in mine!

hkloss1:

If it does happen it’s an affront to democracy.
Let’s get out asap, if only to get these bad loser whingers like you to finally shut the ■■■■ up about any re referendum until they get the result that THEY/YOU want. :unamused:

On the other hand, at least from a legal precedent point of view, if it does come off, I’ll have a good case for a referendum on a re.match of Newcastle Chelsea, as that isn’t the result that I wanted either, …then again I won’t cry and ■■■■ whinge about it.

‘Better late than never’ my hairy arse. :unamused:

Not in mine either. We voted once. Deal with it. Some of us remember a time when produce arrived in the UK from every corner of the world, not via the de facto Franco/German superstate that is the EU.
Anyway, forum is about trucks and drivers etc, this stuff is for the bar.

How odd that these polls (maybe staffed by people seeking a certain result?) always seem to know who to ask.

We have a strong union where i work, Unite, and it’s virtually unanimous the union members are Brexiteers…and odd how the non union members (who have no trouble pocketing the pay rises we as the union negotiate every year) are mostly remainers, a cynical chap could come to the conclusion it’s the ethos of something for nothing :bulb:

And the Union is not the political commissar or the suits at the top, the Union is the working and paying shop floor members at each branch.

@Robroy

“Let’s get out asap, if only to get these bad loser whingers like you to finally shut the [zb] up about any re referendum until they get the result that THEY/YOU want.”

From what I can see, this what it all boils down to for most Brexiters, yours has to be on top no matter how many warnings you get, you are willing to be worst off as long as yours comes on top.

What’s wrong with second referendum, it’s not about voting until results come right, it’s about making an informed decision on the outcome of the negotiations, deciding whether we are going to be better or worst off.

You are scared of another referendum as if you thought, now all the lies that were spread in the lead up to the referendum have been exposed, so people might vote differently, as if you did not believe in your fellow Brexiters determination.
Why would people vote differently this time?
If I were you I would be very happy to have another referendum, so that you could finally shut all these filthy remainers mouths for good, prove them, the result of the first referendum wasn’t just a fluke, people really want it, no matter what outcome of the negotiations.

What’s there to worry about, be brave.

Are you really that worried that people have realised what a pile of bull c r a p they have been sold by frog face and bo jo, and they’ve had enough of Brexit leading politicians make full of them?

hkloss1:
@Robroy

“Let’s get out asap, if only to get these bad loser whingers like you to finally shut the [zb] up about any re referendum until they get the result that THEY/YOU want.”

From what I can see, this what it all boils down to for most Brexiters, yours has to be on top no matter how many warnings you get, you are willing to be worst off as long as yours comes on top.

What’s wrong with second referendum, it’s not about voting until results come right, it’s about making an informed decision on the outcome of the negotiations, deciding whether we are going to be better or worst off.

You are scared of another referendum as if you thought, now all the lies that were spread in the lead up to the referendum have been exposed, so people might vote differently, as if you did not believe in your fellow Brexiters determination.
Why would people vote differently this time?
If I were you I would be very happy to have another referendum, so that you could finally shut all these filthy remainers mouths for good, prove them, the result of the first referendum wasn’t just a fluke, people really want it, no matter what outcome of the negotiations.

What’s there to worry about, be brave.

Are you really that worried that people have realised what a pile of bull c r a p they have been sold by frog face and bo jo, and they’ve had enough of Brexit leading politicians make full of them?

Typical remoaner, has to have the last word, well here’s 2 for you from me… Bore off!

The way remainers think that a victory in a 2nd ref would be the end of it and no more referendums :laughing:

The validity of the 2nd ref would then be treated the same as the first.

Silly snowflakes :laughing:

Tbh the way the top EU official’s have acted towards us since the vote im happy to leave, they are making this into a nasty divorce where they want to keep the car/house/savings and probably pay maintenance for a few years.

Polls can be accurate or biased of course. It is only a poll of Union members not of the general population. But since it was carried out by YouGov I suspect it would have been well carried out.

Any flaws will obviously be pointed out by those who don`t like the result…hhhmmm. Sound familiar? :confused:

And IF there is a majority of people now wanting another referendum, who can really ignore such a call? ,
IF the country were to be taken out, if a majority now wanted to stay, and were denied a new vote…?

Just goes to show how “slippery” democracy is, I reckon.

I really don’t think that a survey of only 2700 union members who have no doubt been coached and fed the same type of one sided bull ■■■■ that occurred in the original referendum can be called either a “bombshell” or representative of the nation as a whole.

Clutching at straws springs to mind.

Oh please.

We’re grown ups, we know politicians are lying soon as they move their lips, its what they do, dogs chase cats, politicians tell you what you want to hear to get your vote the truth being immaterial, twas ever thus.

We as a nation voted to get our country back from unelected politicians who can’t be sacked, ie the EU (Germany by another name), yes we’ll still have politicians in charge but when they behave like our embarrassing PM we can let our feelings be known at the next general election and replace them wholesale, and if they welch on Brexit the Tories will be out of office for several terms.
See we aint frightened of Corbyn or the raving Communists he leads, because if we stay in the EU or become a vassal state, it doesn’t matter which colour T shirt the incumbent appratchik wears in Number 10, all he/she/it will do is obey instruction from the masterstate and talk utter ■■■■■■■■ at PM’s question time, answering utter ■■■■■■■■ questions from a failed HM opposition.

I’ll happily have another referendum so long as the question is still the same as the first, In or Out, because what the remainers wish for is to weasel word another referendum question to split the Out vote at least two ways.
Not afraid in the least, the behaviour of the traitors in the current govt over leaving has seen whole swathes of the country come to the conclusion we need to get out of the EU and vote some decent people into parliament…which is just what the Americans were sensible enough to do…politics in this country will never be the same again, thankfully, now they have been exposed for the rotten to the core that so many are.

Franglais:
Polls can be accurate or biased of course. It is only a poll of Union members not of the general population. But since it was carried out by YouGov I suspect it would have been well carried out.

Any flaws will obviously be pointed out by those who don`t like the result…hhhmmm. Sound familiar? :confused:

And IF there is a majority of people now wanting another referendum, who can really ignore such a call? ,
IF the country were to be taken out, if a majority now wanted to stay, and were denied a new vote…?

Just goes to show how “slippery” democracy is, I reckon.

I have never been polled or selected to answer a few questions unless you count the entrance exam to the Royal Ancient Order of Buffaloes

Juddian:
I’ll happily have another referendum so long as the question is still the same as the first, In or Out, because what the remainers wish for is to weasel word another referendum question to split the Out vote at least two ways.

Not true at all though it is? Most remainers would be overjoyed with a another simple in out referendum

SuperMultiBlue:
The way remainers think that a victory in a 2nd ref would be the end of it and no more referendums :laughing:

The validity of the 2nd ref would then be treated the same as the first.

Silly snowflakes :laughing:

^ This.

Bearing in mind that history suggests that the argument between Federalism and Secession is rarely settled peacefully.So choose your weapons Kloss,or Klaus,which ever it is.I’ll go for an FN and a .50 cal machine gun if you can get past the M777 Howitzer which I’m sure our US secessionist allies will manage to get to us somehow. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

switchlogic:

Juddian:

Not true at all though it is? Most remainers would be overjoyed with a another simple in out referendum

Remainers ( call them what they really are European Federalists ) will only be over joyed with any result which gives them what they want.

Remainers are no different to any other type of Federalist from the Romans trying to subjugate Europe to Stalin’s Soviet rabble rampaging around East Euro and Tito’s etc JNA muppets.It usually has to come down to the only thing they understand and that certainly isn’t democracy which they’ll never accept.

A poll of 2700 union members voted 2 to 1 in favour of another referendum. That’s under 2000 then, hardly bombshell or political shockwaves.

My view on the matter :wink:
OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT

To see the significance of this result look at the change in the Union`s position:
ft.com/content/692f2578-fcb … 0dca6d0a0d
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/f … it-8126878

And here it is the MEMBERs who are voting, not being told what to think by Union leaders or “Newspaper” owners and their editors.
This poll is only Union members and doesn`t claim to be anything else. Claiming it is unrepresentative of the nation is setting up a straw man.

(And for Juddian and others interested in Trump, here is a couple of links that may interest you. Gallup poll “approval ratings” for Trump and Obama. Methodology is explained on their site.
news.gallup.com/poll/201617/gal … roval.aspx
news.gallup.com/poll/113980/gal … edium=copy)

Juddian:
We’re grown ups, we know politicians are lying soon as they move their lips, its what they do, dogs chase cats, politicians tell you what you want to hear to get your vote the truth being immaterial, twas ever thus.

We as a nation voted to get our country back from unelected politicians who can’t be sacked, ie the EU (Germany by another name), yes we’ll still have politicians in charge but when they behave like our embarrassing PM we can let our feelings be known at the next general election and replace them wholesale, and if they welch on Brexit the Tories will be out of office for several terms.

But WHO do we get to vote for really?
Only the Parties really get a chance of getting a member in. Mostly candidates are approved by the hierarchy of the party (all the same) and after being elected they normally follow the Party Whip. Kickem out at the next election and itll only be from a pool of similar “professional politicos” youll be choosing next. The EU commissioners arent elected, so they arent cowed by Party Whips. They are older so may not be so worried about climbing the greasy poll of self advancement.* Youre comparing two flawed systems.

• Almost convinced myself there… :smiley: