RIP Bandit....

news.sky.com/story/burt-reynold … s-11492048

Rip Bandit smokey and the bandit films always made us all laugh.

He was my roll model, as was Jerry Reed aka the snowman, flat to mat, 18 wheels a rolling :smiley:

One of my favourite films is Smokey and the bandit.
He played the worlds greatest show off perfectly

Sad news!!! Only the first bandit for me, the second was crap and cannonball run were my 2 favourite films when I was a kid. Still a good watch now [emoji23]
RIP [emoji17]

Deliverance…

Was his best film by far. The first Smokey and the Bandit film was fun but the others struggled to keep the same story and jokes going.

His private life was one big rollercoaster of women, excessive spending and bankruptcy… a real Hollywood movie star.

RIP.

10~4 bandit over and out :frowning: .

Sara Cox played Eastbound and Down as a tribute.
Remember watching the life stories with him on a couple of year ago,he had some up’s and a lot of downs…
R.I.P Burt aka (Bo Darwin Bandit)…

Amen to Deliverance a truly magnificent film,deffo in my top ten…“yer gonna do some praying for me boy,and yer better pray real good”,A great charismatic good humoured bloke whose films,apart from Deliverance,weren’t exactly the best,but nontheless a mighty fine chap.

Just leave this here

youtu.be/_HpmlIDIXPs

Loved smokey and the bandit as a kid between that been out with my dad in his magirus deutz tipper and seeing Geoff Gilbert’s White road commander on the a2 it made me want to be a truck driver.
Man lived a life too what a legend.
Cooler than any tang in a v8 Scania too

biggriffin:
Just leave this here

youtu.be/_HpmlIDIXPs

Suzi J said in the comments about all the people that wanted the car not the truck.Most of the youth in the day wanted to drive the truck to earn the money to run the car. :wink: Now they seem to prefer to ride a bleedin bicycle to the local green lentil eating activist party. :open_mouth:

Seriously it’s a shock to realise just how long ago and far away the 1970’s are getting and always knew I wouldn’t like the 21st century and I’d miss all those who made those days what they were from everyone and everything I knew in my own world to the films like Smokey and the Bandit and their stars like Reynolds of the day.While you can bet that,like the Gumball Rally etc,if the film was made now it would probably bring howls of protest from the PC zealots as being a threat to society. :frowning:

kr79:
Cooler than any tang in a v8 Scania too

To be fair the KW in the film should have been CAT 3408 powered just to remove any doubt. :wink:

The life stories interview is been replayed tonight with piers morgan at 22.45 on ITV.

Yorkielad:
The life stories interview is been replayed tonight with piers morgan at 22.45 on ITV.

A good reason to avoid imho