A new simple way to pay tax

So…letter drops through the door,I owe 500 green queens…even though I’m employed paye.
2x30 min phone calls…Just to clarify,and yes…my last employer is a ■■■■,and I owe a few quid.
Ever tried to pay it?
I have…all ■■■ day.
I’ve had to set up a verification account via the post office…which(when successful)links is you back into the .gov site.
Still can’t pay…even though my personal details are now visible.

Ask for help?
Register with twitter(and this is where I really start to get angry)no reply.
Ask for help on the feedback ■■■■■■■■?
We’ll get back to you.
AND they threaten you with interest and penalty for late payments.wtf
Note to any bailiff that so much as clicks my gate.
I will cut your aortea open

HMRC reduced my tax code for this year to 886 because allegedly I didn’t pay enough tax for the financial year ending 2015. This was despite me being PAYE with no other income for the whole of that year. HMRC claim the shortfall was £1500. My employer denies that and the accounts department have been through my records with a fine tooth comb.

I really should get off my ■■■ and sort it but the longer it goes on the bigger the rebate I’ll receive (or not, maybe). I wonder if Amazon and Google get the same?

They’re ■■■■■■■ morons.
Some civil servant/I.T consultant will have earnt thousands dreaming this new system up.
As though someone is going to assume my identity…and then pay my ■■■■■■■ tax bill.

You don’t have to go through all that ■■■■■■■■ to pay your car tax.
I don’t understand.
Is the world really this ■■■■■■?

Try becoming a supplier to the National Trust if the Revenue winds you up [emoji35]

yes it really is that bad.
i wanted to pay a £3500 holiday bill on a visa card in one go using funds from my irish bank account.
computer says no,so i spend 75 mins calling the customer service speaking to half of bangladesh who ket transferring me back to the original menu about 8 times as they couldnt understand what i was wanting to do,so i told the last one that it was me that owed them and they could ■■■■ off.
3 weeks later another turban wearer called me and insisted he was calling from the uk service line and it was at random as to who i spoke to despite being a customer for 40 years and never having spoken to someone that didnt sound foriegn for the last 25 years.
at that point i told him that the only way the bill was getting paid was if i spoke to someone who when i closed my eyes,the mental picture that came up was of a white english woman sitting in an office in the middle of britain.
surprise surprise,next week barclycards equivelant of miss marples calls andi had it paid effortlessly in 5 mins.
so yes,the world really is that bad when you have to work around a computer saying no,and beancounters who would be better suited to working for stobarts and tesco.

dieseldog999:
yes it really is that bad.
i wanted to pay a £3500 holiday bill on a visa card in one go using funds from my irish bank account.
computer says no,so i spend 75 mins calling the customer service speaking to half of bangladesh who ket transferring me back to the original menu about 8 times as they couldnt understand what i was wanting to do,so i told the last one that it was me that owed them and they could ■■■■ off.
3 weeks later another turban wearer called me and insisted he was calling from the uk service line and it was at random as to who i spoke to despite being a customer for 40 years and never having spoken to someone that didnt sound foriegn for the last 25 years.
at that point i told him that the only way the bill was getting paid was if i spoke to someone who when i closed my eyes,the mental picture that came up was of a white english woman sitting in an office in the middle of britain.
surprise surprise,next week barclycards equivelant of miss marples calls andi had it paid effortlessly in 5 mins.
so yes,the world really is that bad when you have to work around a computer saying no,and beancounters who would be better suited to working for stobarts and tesco.

I don’t often bring out the big thing…but here goes…

wp-like-button.png