John mcain

Recently deceased I realise,but some recent digging on this dude reveals breathtaking cover ups regarding his time aboard the uss forestall aircraft carrier.Seems he was showing off one day doing a “wet start” on deck which inadvertently activated his phantom jets air to air missiles,arming and firing them at parked planes carrying 1000 pound bombs.Net result,huge conflagration,upwards of 170 dead…100 plus burned…he gets away with it with a navy cover up turns out,his dad Admiral John S mcain, was the man responsible for the uss Liberty cover up,when Israeli fighters strafed and killed US sailors.Incredible.

Is this true? Or just internet nonsense. I’ve no idea, but the sheer numbers of people involved suggest a lot of cooperation.

Complete and utter ■■■■■■■■.

snopes.com/fact-check/john- … forrestal/

Like most conspiracy theories. Rubbish.
I do agree with Trump that getting caught and tortured and imprisoned doesn’t necessarily make you a hero. It’s not like he wanted to be there. I’m currently reading accounts of the Somme battle, where an officer walked out onto no-mans land to lift a badly hurt guy off the wire and carry him back to the British line. As it so happens the Germans didn’t shoot at him, they let him carry on. He was a hero and got the V.C. That’s most people’s idea of a hero.

No witnesses doesn’t mean it didn’t happen especially assuming ‘pressure’ might have been brought to bear on any such witness from up to Admiral level.While knowing exactly where his Skyhawk was at the time relative to the Phantom and how many other examples were there of ‘power surges’ sending off rockets it might help to add weight to the theory or bust it.

As for a Commy stooge.We do know he said this about Reagan.

youtube.com/watch?v=YkuGgZqSnyQ

and we do know that Reagan said this in China. :unamused:

c-span.org/video/?107544-1/p … agan-china

In the face of more than 1,000 Brit and 33,000 US dead in the Korean War and 50,000 US and 540 Australian dead in the Vietnam War.

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it’s a duck.

Edit we come in peace.The door is open welcome. :unamused:

youtube.com/watch?v=OHZIUdHm6b4

youtube.com/watch?v=rMdC45S79uQ

cheekymonkey:
I do agree with Trump that getting caught and tortured and imprisoned doesn’t necessarily make you a hero. It’s not like he wanted to be there. I’m currently reading accounts of the Somme battle, where an officer walked out onto no-mans land to lift a badly hurt guy off the wire and carry him back to the British line. As it so happens the Germans didn’t shoot at him, they let him carry on. He was a hero and got the V.C. That’s most people’s idea of a hero.

The slightly longer story of McCain’s imprisonment is that he was tortured to the extent of never regaining full use of his arms. He was offered an early release by the VC of he co-operated in saying he had received good treatment. He refused and hence wasn’t released early.
No internet rumours countering that story is there? Not even from war her… Oh, mis-print… draft exempt… Trump…
And politically he was an opponent of Pres Obama, but defended him as an honest and honourable man.
How unlike too many others in this world.

Edit. I mean McCain recognised that although Obama had different politics he saw him as honest. McCain was an honest man, who although in the same party as Trump, had no time for him as a man and requested Trump NOT attend his funeral.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Franglais:

cheekymonkey:

The slightly longer story of McCain’s imprisonment is that he was tortured to the extent of never regaining full use of his arms. He was offered an early release by the VC of he co-operated in saying he had received good treatment. He refused and hence wasn’t released early.
No internet rumours countering that story is there? Not even from war her… Oh, mis-print… draft exempt… Trump…
And politically he was an opponent of Pres Obama, but defended him as an honest and honourable man.

Edit. I mean McCain recognised that although Obama had different politics he saw him as honest. McCain was an honest man, who although in the same party as Trump, had no time for him as a man and requested Trump NOT attend his funeral.

Lewrockwell.com is the source,new one on me but no kerosene without fire.

manalishi:

Franglais:

cheekymonkey:

“No smoke without fire”?
If I started an unfounded internet rumour saying that Manalishi was… keep it clean…a two headed Martian, then withdrew said allegation in a flurry of apologies, what would happen? Would everyone put it down as me being an arse?
No. The majority might, but someone would get suspicious and wonder if I’d been “got at”? Some would say I was frightened and menaced by Martians. Someone would say “No smoke without fire”, and Manilishi would be falsely branded forever!
And some web sites who publish false rumours carry adverts. Outrageous claims and false rumours generate traffic that gets them cash. So nasty <!> get paid for telling lies. And those who spread those lies are aiding them.
“No smoke without fire” is a cop out.

Franglais:

manalishi:

Franglais:

cheekymonkey:

“No smoke without fire”?
If I started an unfounded internet rumour saying that Manalishi was… keep it clean…a two headed Martian, then withdrew said allegation in a flurry of apologies, what would happen? Would everyone put it down as me being an arse?
No. The majority might, but someone would get suspicious and wonder if I’d been “got at”? Some would say I was frightened and menaced by Martians. Someone would say “No smoke without fire”, and Manilishi would be falsely branded forever!
And some web sites who publish false rumours carry adverts. Outrageous claims and false rumours generate traffic that gets them cash. So nasty <!> get paid for telling lies. And those who spread those lies are aiding them.

Much in what you say,fsure,some sites are are blatant disinfo sites,Alex Jones for one,there are others,Chrisspivey that are interesting and provide fascinating knowledge and information,or at least did when dogman was in situ.The key thing is intuition when dipping into them.The charlatans are easy to see.
Its all about cross referencing information not blithely suckling from the teat as gospel.

manalishi:

Franglais:

manalishi:

Franglais:

cheekymonkey:

“No smoke without fire”?

Much in what you say,fsure,some sites are are blatant disinfo sites,Alex Jones for one,there are others,Chrisspivey that are interesting and provide fascinating knowledge and information,or at least did when dogman was in situ.The key thing is intuition when dipping into them.The charlatans are easy to see.
Its all about cross referencing information not blithely suckling from the teat as gospel.

Problem with the quotes above. But addressing the reply.

“The key thing is intuition”.
So ignore uncomfortable facts, shout “fake news” and go with whatever supports your current view point?
“Intuititively” decide what’s true?
I give up.

Listened on a us talk show today and a very angry Vietnam vet says Mccain wasn’t called “songbird” for no reason , a son and grandson of navy admirals,he even lied about The MIA s left behind so other callers said.Seems he wasn’t the all American hero he tried to show his self as.

this thread is a bit of a letdown to me.
i thought it was going to be about chips,or that there was going to be a new die hard being made… :frowning:

Good grief! - Even I’m not going to touch on this particular brand of outrageous crap!

I’m no admirer of McCain, but the least we should do is not sign off on any total bulls hit about someone recently deceased, and barely cooled down to ambient FFS. :frowning:

eu.azcentral.com/story/news/pol … 602455002/

Fox News is widely seen as a right leaning outlet isnt it? A friend to Trump? If there were any legs to the story wouldnt they go with it?
This is their take on it: cutting links with a retired General who repeated allegations against McCain.

Franglais:
Fox News: General who called John McCain "Songbird John" won't be back

Fox News is widely seen as a right leaning outlet isnt it? A friend to Trump? If there were any legs to the story wouldnt they go with it?
This is their take on it: cutting links with a retired General who repeated allegations against McCain.

Fox news just another establishment mouthpiece and if the story doesn’t fit the script then they’ll close it down.I think I’d trust his peers,you know the vets who actually served in Vietnam,more than an establishment media outlet.However it’s not possible to call Mc Caine a stooge who’s sold out his country without also implicating Nixon and Reagan in that too.It’s either all of them or none of them.

was there a film made of this fellas story , or am I getting confused with something/someone else ■■ old age plays tricks with the mind :neutral_face:

syramax:
was there a film made of this fellas story , or am I getting confused with something/someone else ■■ old age plays tricks with the mind :neutral_face:

imdb.com/title/tt8289196/

I`ve no idea how accurate the film is, but there is this from the link:
“Democrats and Republicans both like Clinton, Bush, Biden, and Obama are interviewed and all give John praise of respect for how he worked well with both sides.”
Respected by all sides of the political debate.

Thanks for that , thought I’d dreamt it

Franglais:
Fox News: General who called John McCain "Songbird John" won't be back

American corporate media tends to be tightly controlled by the Zio crowd.Anything genuinely controversial tends not to see the light of day…Bay of Tonkin ‘incident’,USS Liberty event anyone?..