Copper + truncheon

rigsby:
I have a pre war truncheon in my cupboard , it belonged to my step father who was a special before and during the war . the thing is lethal , hard as iron you could knock nails in with it and it doesn’t mark the wood .If you copped a whack with that you would be down for the count . It’s probably why we respected the police then before the claim lawyers rendered them useless .

Useless my Arse, In my younger days they were the best thing ever to sort out the Naughtey Boy Lot, I recall one evening at a local dance when a gang of lads from another area appeared in the dance hall where all & sundrie were enjoying themselves when these strangers started to get nasty, Withina few minutes the local Policeman appeared trungeon drawn & the whole lot of thses R.Soles were on the run, They vanished quicker than one could say it and it of course, Bu t its presence says it all, Im an old man now but I would gladley welcome it back , & hopefully sort some of the ■■■■■ we have today making things awfull for older folk as well as the young ones too. Sadley as see it things will only go from bad to worse, Regards Larry.