The music thread

I did a brief search and found nothing (childish laugh) so I thought maybe a thread to post links to music videos on youtube maybe someone will post that song you forgot about and share music in general.

I’ll go first eh

Black Sabbath - Paranoid (album)

Paranoid ! Almost, to my shame, forgotten…
From a brief period when, with Deep Purple early Led Zep, Hendrix, Who, and others rock was loud aggressive and raw.
Before the pretentious twaddle of frilly capes and “concept albums” came along!

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

youtube.com/watch?v=D0W1v0kOELA

youtube.com/watch?v=AqZceAQSJvc

youtube.com/watch?v=nPauXWjY4T8

youtube.com/watch?v=3KsVoYgP2go

youtube.com/watch?v=IYB7lD6chwc

youtube.com/watch?v=e_qtQ52eFB0

youtube.com/watch?v=nhU24xxbnsU

GHIABOX
Well done mate, been meaning to start a thread like this for ages bu never got around to it.
post modern jukebox do cavers some good some not so but I like this one

I am a massive harmonica fan, yeah I know. I own several, but have you ever heard it played like this

By the way thanks Carryfast enjoyed them

Franglais:
Paranoid ! Almost, to my shame, forgotten…
From a brief period when, with Deep Purple early Led Zep, Hendrix, Who, and others rock was loud aggressive and raw.
Before the pretentious twaddle of frilly capes and “concept albums” came along!

Considering I’m 32 I do have a lot of love for older rock!

knight2:
GHIABOX
Well done mate, been meaning to start a thread like this for ages bu never got around to it.
post modern jukebox do cavers some good some not so but I like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLnZ1NQm2uk

I am a massive harmonica fan, yeah I know. I own several, but have you ever heard it played like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpOoE9CsL50

By the way thanks Carryfast enjoyed them

Lol thanks mate, I’d had a couple beers and love some music when having a drink and put 2 and 2 together, plus a car forum I used had a music thread lol Some interesting choices there Knight2

Heres a couple more from me

…And justice for all full album (Metallica)
youtube.com/watch?v=0NNadbG60Co

This is my hype song in the gym, probably not to many peoples taste but its heavy metal, not quite death metal but close to it lol
Song: Red War By Probot (A Dave Grohl project band)
youtube.com/watch?v=kM8PVz8gUfA

And for anyone wanting to hear some death metal :laughing: another song I love
Jesus Død by Burzum
youtube.com/watch?v=v3V4No2kj_Y

Found this useless drunken ■■■■ on youtube…
youtube.com/watch?v=XXIAACKgsGs

Proper drunk here…
youtube.com/watch?v=lXc9Z7TOBYk

my all time favourite driving song.
youtu.be/ar_saHB60qU

closely followed by this one.

youtu.be/wyQ-tScuzwM

and just for something to give you nightmare’s.

youtu.be/dP9Wp6QVbsk

Can someone who is abit more computer literate then me explain how you post the links, thanks.

no idea how to post links but the hour long loop of Fleetwood macs albatross by Gordj Scott does it for me when winding down after a day behind the wheel.

hotel magnum:
no idea how to post links but the hour long loop of Fleetwood macs albatross by Gordj Scott does it for me when winding down after a day behind the wheel.

Was going to try to put up a few Rory Gallagher links from the Old Grey Whistle test, All round man is 12 minutes of brilliance :smiley:

Mazzer2:
Can someone who is abit more computer literate then me explain how you post the links, thanks.

Have a reply page, here on TN, open and ready to go
On a separate browser page, go to the bit of music you want to link to,
Look at the top of that music page…address window, click once in the address window, the whole of the address should now be highlighted.
Right click on the highlighted bit and select “copy”.
Come back to your reply page here.
Right click in the reply box and select “Paste”

Job done.

steviespain:

Mazzer2:

Look at the top of that music page…address window, click once in the address window, the whole of the address should now be highlighted.

Job done.

Thanks

Hope this works bit of Dr Feelgood first

youtube.com/watch?v=nPNWQ6EOoKQ

And now some Rory Gallagher

youtube.com/watch?v=33Jaodra7AY

steviespain:

Mazzer2:

Job done.

Or for the less computer literate like me just write it here as it appears in the address heading and it will automatically be recognised as a link when it’s posted.While hopefully remembering to preview it first to make sure it’s been written correctly. :wink:

Mazzer2:
Hope this works bit of Dr Feelgood first

youtube.com/watch?v=nPNWQ6EOoKQ

And now some Rory Gallagher

youtube.com/watch?v=33Jaodra7AY

Back in June BBC4 did an Irish Rock special. Rory was shown there, of course. Being the Beeb it`ll be on line somewhere, and will be repeated too!

Keeping with the Irish…1979…
youtube.com/watch?v=rCDZzf4ragg
“Van the Man” still with us of course.

And so is this performer…American origins, but a British band. From the 70`s up to Glastonbury 2017…
youtube.com/watch?v=4ZxZbWmWaG4

EDIT. YouTube offered some other acts after I chose those, The Coors was no great shock, maybe. Doing an REM song unplugged, was more of an eye opener. Good. But not as good as this…IMHO anyway…
youtube.com/watch?v=NLlOeGeVih4

I`ll shut up now.

m.a.n rules:
my all time favourite driving song.
youtu.be/ar_saHB60qU

closely followed by this one.

youtu.be/wyQ-tScuzwM

Thin Lizzy :sunglasses: that reminded me of this driving song

Motorhead - We are the road crew
youtube.com/watch?v=fb3zSgxMuug

A few more all guaranteed to get my local bouncing every band who plays there has to know these otherwise they may as well pack up

youtube.com/watch?v=Ah_Vat0FMdg

youtube.com/watch?v=YoFs7xoKPxo

Another one that will get the place bouncing even if Fergal himself isn’t particularly popular in Derry

youtube.com/watch?v=PinCg7IGqHg

The live music scene is still flat out in bars in Ireland my local has a band on every Friday and Saturday night Derry on a Friday night you could have the choice of four or five live acts in the city centre, shame it seems to have died a death in England over the years on 24hr breaks have seen some cracking bands play live in pubs around the country

It was the stingy clubs and technology marching on that killed the UK live music scene, imho anyway.
When I first started a good 3 or 4 or 5 piece could get 400 quid a night, Fri, Sat, Sunday was mebbe 3-350. Good wages for a second job. This was in the late 80s.
Time moved on, ten years later, money had not changed at all. But technology had. NOW we had the ability to use high quality, digitally reproduced, backing tracks from either mini-disc or DAT. Laptops were just around the corner too.
A band will have a focus point. Usually the singer, sometimes the lead guitarist. They think about the dwindling wages and come to the conclusion that mebbe I could do this on me own!
“…umm, I´m going solo lads”.

Went downhill from there.

steviespain:
It was the stingy clubs and technology marching on that killed the UK live music scene, imho anyway.
When I first started a good 3 or 4 or 5 piece could get 400 quid a night, Fri, Sat, Sunday was mebbe 3-350. Good wages for a second job. This was in the late 80s.
Time moved on, ten years later, money had not changed at all. But technology had. NOW we had the ability to use high quality, digitally reproduced, backing tracks from either mini-disc or DAT. Laptops were just around the corner too.
A band will have a focus point. Usually the singer, sometimes the lead guitarist. They think about the dwindling wages and come to the conclusion that mebbe I could do this on me own!
“…umm, I´m going solo lads”.

Went downhill from there.

Before the crash my other half was getting about 300 from doing a three nights a week, throw in a wedding every couple of months and it was a good earner but after 2008 no one wanted to pay the money for 5 piece bands so now a lot of places are two piece on the quieter nights and bigger or up and coming bands on the busy nights. She did a spell on her own for about 4 years with her own gear and backing tracks and you would get around 90 for 2 hours so still not bad and she kept it local so minimum expenses but it is hard work on your own luckily she had sung with a couple of well known bands in Derry so had a good reputation.
The last pub band I saw in England was in Hoddesdon and they were excellent but it was the pubs last night and on the Monday it was being converted to a restaurant so a lack of venues also plays a part. One of the legacies from the troubles was that most pubs remained and still are in the main family owned and they tend to give the locals what they want or else we’ll go elsewhere.

Nice post Mazzer…I look forward to replying, and agreeing mostly, to it tomorrow after work. :slight_smile: