Oh God no the ZB football's started again

It hasn’t even been a month. Can’t we have a proper break from it please.

This is just one more advantage of avoiding television, and radio apart from one or two carefully selected independent stations easily silenced if they do happen to mention sport, and all mainstream printed media.
You can avoid football and all other spectator sports completely, win win. :sunglasses:

If friends or colleagues get on the subject, and some do seem obsessed, it’s easy to tune out and go find another conversation.
If another driver otherwise a stranger, starts to talk about sport, quickly letting them know i have no interest surprises them at first, but it always steers any conversation towards something interesting, assuming that is they have other thoughts if not it’s suddenly silent, either way fine by me.

Juddian:
If friends or colleagues get on the subject, and some do seem obsessed, it’s easy to tune out and go find another conversation.
If another driver otherwise a stranger, starts to talk about sport, quickly letting them know i have no interest surprises them at first, but it always steers any conversation towards something interesting, assuming that is they have other thoughts if not it’s suddenly silent, either way fine by me.

ditto although some people are stunned to hear not everyone is interested in sport.

I’m glad I’ll be doing a clutch, gearbox, wishbones, timing belt, water pump and rocker gasket on a civic for the next few weekends then a timing belt and thermostat change on a C max

Also a rear wheel bearing and brake refurb on a Focus estate
then tiding up my focus to sell

As I have travelled around over the years a question I am frequently asked is “Who do you support?” a propos of nothing.People are genuinely shocked that my disinterest in football is total.The Spanish residents of my adopted village suffer some distress when I describe football as “un juego para chicas.” Now rugby league is a completely different story!

syramax:

Juddian:

ditto although some people are stunned to hear not everyone is interested in sport.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
that works for me for almost every form of sport plus tv,newspapers and such.
i dont watch tv,i dont buy newspapers and im as happy as i can be in my own wee world though sometimes follow links from here to media sites then start thinking,what am i reading this pish for as its invariably lemming fodder after 5 mins.

Many are suprised that I have no interest in any league teams or 99.9% of televised football.
They are even more confused by the fact that for 15 years I saw every England match at Wembley and that I was a qualified FA referee.
I fell out with football when it moved from being sport focused to being dominated by business and profit .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

grumpyken52:
Many are suprised that I have no interest in any league teams or 99.9% of televised football.
They are even more confused by the fact that for 15 years I saw every England match at Wembley and that I was a qualified FA referee.
I fell out with football when it moved from being sport focused to being dominated by business and profit .

Distressing…‘‘what troupe of foreign (mostly) cro magnon,mansion dwelling,bentley driving retards are you cheering this week, to entice a prolate spheroid twix 3 metal posts for the behest of multifarious corporations and the ego of the ‘clubs’ questionable paymasters’’? is rarely answered with anything resembling a measured/cordial retort when confronted with this topic.

manalishi:

grumpyken52:

Distressing…‘‘what troupe of foreign (mostly) cro magnon,mansion dwelling,bentley driving retards are you cheering this week, to entice a prolate spheroid twix 3 metal posts for the behest of multifarious corporations and the ego of the ‘clubs’ questionable paymasters’’? is rarely answered with anything resembling a measured/cordial retort when confronted with this topic.

Many can quote statistics of yards run , passes made , win ratio , most appearances etc etc etc but don’t have a clue about the laws of the game .
Not helped by the pundits quotes of he was only just off side or the ball was only just out !

Even worse news X ZB Factor is back

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk