DVLA Abolishing Cat C Entitlement?

Read this on the internet so I see no reason to question its validity

BREAKING NEWS

The DVLA along with DVSA have just announced that they are scrapping Category C licenses. Public relations officer Marc Sprinter released the following statement “We realised some time ago that it takes no real skill to drive a rigid, and as most car drivers can drive vans, we feel they could quite easily drive what is, in essence, a big van. It will also hopefully stop Class C drivers bragging that they usually drive an artic but they got this puddle jumper today, and stop the irritating prolonged left indicator after overtaking an artic begging for a flash even though the vehicle is 3/4 times it’s own length past the superior vehicle”

Moto Chief Executive Stu N’dumplin said “We here at Moto spend a lot of money providing artic sized bays for proper HGV drivers, only for them to be filled with van drivers and their small Tonka toys. It wouldn’t be so bad if they parked at the rear of the bay to let another van driver utilise the wasted space, but they seem to like to stop at the front so everybody thinks they are a big wheeler. These smaller vehicles will now be allowed to use the car park and free up valuable proper truck sized spaces”

The RHA and FTA let out a joint statement, read by spokesman Gord Vansit…”This is excellent news for the haulage industry, real trucks can get on with keeping the nation supplied, and the vans can do the distributing of tiny loads to shops and garages etc. As anybody can drive a van this should ease the driver shortage, and hopefully our first class, class 1 drivers will get the merit they deserve”

We asked van driver John “18 Wheeler” Smith, who had stopped at Colsterworth Truckstop in his Daf CF daycabbed rigid (for some reason?) his thoughts…”I always dreamed of driving an artic, but I’m just not good enough. I love parking near the big boys"

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Got me popcorn :laughing:

The-Snowman:
Read this on the internet so I see no reason to question its validity

BREAKING NEWS

The DVLA along with DVSA have just announced that they are scrapping Category C licenses. Public relations officer Marc Sprinter released the following statement “We realised some time ago that it takes no real skill to drive a rigid, and as most car drivers can drive vans, we feel they could quite easily drive what is, in essence, a big van. It will also hopefully stop Class C drivers bragging that they usually drive an artic but they got this puddle jumper today, and stop the irritating prolonged left indicator after overtaking an artic begging for a flash even though the vehicle is 3/4 times it’s own length past the superior vehicle”

Moto Chief Executive Stu N’dumplin said “We here at Moto spend a lot of money providing artic sized bays for proper HGV drivers, only for them to be filled with van drivers and their small Tonka toys. It wouldn’t be so bad if they parked at the rear of the bay to let another van driver utilise the wasted space, but they seem to like to stop at the front so everybody thinks they are a big wheeler. These smaller vehicles will now be allowed to use the car park and free up valuable proper truck sized spaces”

The RHA and FTA let out a joint statement, read by spokesman Gord Vansit…”This is excellent news for the haulage industry, real trucks can get on with keeping the nation supplied, and the vans can do the distributing of tiny loads to shops and garages etc. As anybody can drive a van this should ease the driver shortage, and hopefully our first class, class 1 drivers will get the merit they deserve”

We asked van driver John “18 Wheeler” Smith, who had stopped at Colsterworth Truckstop in his Daf CF daycabbed rigid (for some reason?) his thoughts…”I always dreamed of driving an artic, but I’m just not good enough. I love parking near the big boys"

Looks legit,some good points made.

I thought they’d already obolished it & the new criteria for getting the ‘legal entitlement’ to drive such vehicles was to simply book & turn up for a test!!!

I googled the first sentence and could not find it so can you post a link please

ROG:
I googled the first sentence and could not find it so can you post a link please

Try here buddy…
www.itsajokedontgetyourknickersinatwist.co.uk

Raises some valid points tbf :laughing:

Sorry to disappoint but anyone can drive a C+E as well. In fact there seems to be an abundance of retarded drivers driving them on the roads these days. :laughing:
Might be better to concentrate on getting rid of them and let the rigid drivers carry on with the job they love and believe it or not sometimes earn more than the C+E drivers. :laughing:

ROG:

Really

[emoji23] plum pudding

We used to be able to from car to artic so it would not be beyond reason to return to that after brexit and totally scrap the rigid step

ROG:
We used to be able to from car to artic so it would not be beyond reason to return to that after brexit and totally scrap the rigid step

I think it was the subtle tone rather than the overall message that conveys this is a very funny wind up!

ROG:

It used to be possible to go from not even having passed a driving test in a car to having full Class 1 entitlement.

Oh wait C with 102 restriction. :smiling_imp: :smiley:

youtube.com/watch?v=pSCS9Xsht3I 2.03-2.44

looks like you’ve reeled ROG in there,Snowman! :astonished:

carryfast-yeti:
looks like you’ve reeled ROG in there,Snowman! :astonished:

To be honest, I expected at least 1 person to not see the obvious joke but I didnt think it would be someone like Rog!

ROG:

Until you watch a “professional” C+E driver make a total Horlicks of reversing a puddle-jumper. Now THAT is when the popcorn comes in handy! :grimacing:

ROG:

Judging by your first comment on this thread I think you sum up the critical thinking ability of the majority of the population superbly regarding brexit!! #illusions

dbk23:

ROG:

Judging by your first comment on this thread I think you sum up the critical thinking ability of the majority of the population superbly regarding brexit!! #illusions

More like the example of pulling a 40/45 foot semi trailer with an 8 wheeler rigid with a dolly on a class 2 licence is actually just an example of how making our own rules trumps EU imposed rule in the form of their pathetic C + E. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

WOOSH!..

published so others can copy and paste it

That’s not fair, the van drivers get to use the car park