The Prison Channel 4

Anybody else watched it? :open_mouth: check it out if you haven’t.

■■■■ me! …What an eye opener :open_mouth: , it’s a class case of ‘The lunatics taking over the asylum’ …or it looks that way at Durham nick anyway.

Drugs rife, minimal attempts by inmates to hide them, discipline minimal, mobile phones smuggled in as a routine, and the inmates freelybadmitting stuff on canera.
I think the screws (you can tell I’ve watched Porridge eh? :smiley: ) have more or less just given up and just let the prisoners get on with it.

It’s always been a back of the mind fear of mine going in those places, not that I’m a criminal or anything :smiley: (got in a few scrapes as a lad after saying that :blush: ) but you don’t have to be a criminal !
I know a couple of ordinary lads, drivers who done time for tacho/driver’s hours offences, (one, a family man, spent Xmas on suicide watch)
Ok some will say ‘good enough for them’ and all that, …but just imagine an ordinary day on the road but having a serious and severe ■■■■ up situation on the M.way, and the verdict not going your way (bring on the driver facing camera argument again :bulb: )

It could happen to ‘‘you and me’’ in this job :bulb: , being sent down among all those tow rags and dead legs that were on that show. :bulb: :bulb:

there was a phone in radio show here in ireland a few years ago and one of the callers was a prisoner who was calling from the toilets in one of the dublin prisons.
it ended when you heard the officers kicking in the door and dragging him out as they were listening to the same program.
the other inmates done mim in later as he brought on all sorts of serches in the following weeks.
they have to net al the outdoor areas as they throw in phones stuck into oranges to protect them,and drop drugs in from remote control dorones and helicopters and such.
high tec scummos nowadays.

Just watched it.
Shocking.
That bloke in there for dangerous driving.
Bet he feels like a goldfish in a shark tank.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk