Harry Monk was this you?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-w … e-44869566

I’ve accidentally started emptying out a canal basin before. Easily done when you’re doing it for leisure and have been drinking for days on end :laughing:

No chance, As Harry is a Professional !
And it said the boater was rushing…so not a bloody chance of it being Mr Monk.

Obviously a Stobart Agency driver on holiday.

Ok, I’ll get my coat :blush:

Will_161:
Obviously a Stobart Agency driver on holiday.

Ok, I’ll get my coat :blush:

Probably a hire boater, which is the waterways equivalent. None of us are quite sure why this is news because it happens all the time.

I’ve been on the Norfolk broads twice.
It’s not as easy as it looks…with all those tacking yatchs.
Navigating breyden water is a bit hairy aswell.

commonrail:

Motor gives way to Sail

It’s quite difficult to judge their path…when they’re tacking.

youtu.be/balzh0P-fAA

Wheel Nut:

commonrail:

Motor gives way to Sail

No it dont, not when I was bound to Norwich on coasters when we had to go the wrong side of the river when going around a starboard (right) hand bend, saw some right panic situations from some of the hire boaters but there was absolutely nothing else I could do … :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’ve mixed it with small ships when trying to moor at Yarmouth.
Defiantly not for the faint hearted.

commonrail:
I’ve mixed it with small ships when trying to moor at Yarmouth.
Defiantly not for the faint hearted.

I took one of the last cargo ships if not the very last up to Norwich when John Lee Barber on the north river at Yarmouth had a backlog of ships to discharge as they had a plant breakdown, the depth of water is a lot less now due to lack of traffic allowing the mud to build up and getting up to Norwich on most of the bends we were scrapping the bottom, on one std hand bend she would not answer the helm and headed straight for the frontage of a riverside cottage where two chaps were working on the edge but never noticed us coming. I waited till we got close then hung on the ships horn and they both looked up … one froze with a look of sheer horror while the other ran up the bank :slight_smile: I knew we wouldn’t get anywhere near them and as we bounced off the mud and passed them I gave a cheery little wave !! Eventually got as far as the railway bridge by Colemans but the bridge operator would not open the bridge as the railways were on strike (so why was he there ■■) We moored to the Colemans berth only to be told by the jobsworth security bod ‘You cant stop here !’ … cant I ? just you bloody watch pal !! We went thru the bridge next morning …

Here’s my sewer tube earlier this year… on the way to London now, somewhere near Tring.