Bottled it

Typical England easy ride so far,then bottled it no fight no desire,Harry Kane anyone know a good detective? Useless big nose [zb]
Telly they have “performed well” no they haven’t they lost, coming home? Going home more like.
England’s next team? Heathrow s passport control.

Didn’t realise Harry Kane was on the pitch tonight…!

2 shots on target in 120 mins ain’t good enough I’m afraid.

Bugger!!

Can’t complain too much though, what with the youngest ever England squad an’ all that.

Am off til next Tuesday but I might phone the boss in the morning and ask if I can go back in Friday. Change my leave days for when the weather’s a bit better…

It’s only a game

Played well, if Harry had scored it would be a different story.

Did their country proud, young team who will learn a great deal from this, bring on the euros.

Course the whole country united in reaching a semi is great also.

Oh and there’s still 3rd place to play for on Sat, daft match or not I’ll support my country in any contest they take part in.

Dipper_Dave:
Oh and there’s still 3rd place to play for on Sat,

Harry Monk:

Dipper_Dave:
Oh and there’s still 3rd place to play for on Sat,

Football’s coming home.Only if we can change the rules to only one a side and base it on just free kicks and penalties. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Daytrunker:
Typical England easy ride so far,then bottled it no fight no desire,Harry Kane anyone know a good detective? Useless big nose [zb]
Telly they have “performed well” no they haven’t they lost, coming home? Going home more like.
England’s next team? Heathrow s passport control.

Absolute ■■■■■■■■.
So at the very start you would not have been phased if somebody told you…‘‘This England team of young lads will be semi finalists and end up 32 mins away from a World Cup final’’ eh?..yeh right. :unamused:

Easy ride or not (Sweden easy, Columbia easy ■■ :unamused: ) they could only play with the cards they were dealt, and they did.

Say what you like mate they exceeded EVERYBODY’S expectations and then some.
The plain fact is Croatia were a better, and a more International football :bulb: experienced side on the night.
We were out classed, and forced by them to play THEIR game with the formation they played, making our system (which granted Gareth should have changed) useless where defenders left them too much space and opportunity as our defenders were forced to play too wide, leaving things wide open…hence their second goal.
I aint no expert by any means, but I’ve studied the game and am passionate about football, and do not just see it as 20 out players chasing a ball around a field …as maybe you do.

I’ve knocked England myself over the years in the times when players were picked on expectation (and ■■■■ celebrity :unamused: ) rather than performance, but if you know anything at all about football , you can not knock this team or manager.
You can say after any game, any team at both International and club levels…‘‘If only this, if only that’’ In this case tiredness, tactics, decisions by certain players, reactions and all the rest…yeh absolutely,… but that’s football. :bulb: :bulb:
but ‘‘no fight or desire’’? …You have been watching a different competition to me then bud.