Bad Teeth/False Teeth

Anybody else got really bad teeth, mine are worse than those on ■■■ packets.

Thinking of having something done, either all out and falsies or see if new individual teeth can be fitted.

Just the other day I thought I had a piece of food stuck between my teeth, picked away at it till it fell out only to realise it was half me tooth.

Just curious if anyone ever made the leap and had them all removed…

Dipper_Dave:
Anybody else got really bad teeth, mine are worse than those on ■■■ packets.

Thinking of having something done, either all out and falsies or see if new individual teeth can be fitted.

Just the other day I thought I had a piece of food stuck between my teeth, picked away at it till it fell out only to realise it was half me tooth.

Just curious if anyone ever made the leap and had them all removed…

Better if the wife has hers out [emoji14]

No, but i had a whole load of crowns fitted some 25 years ago, edit how time flies, try 32 years ago :blush:

If its just discolouring then maybe try a whitening toothpaste first, or professional whitening and some remedial filling if it’s beyond that.
If like mine it was just umpteen fillings over the years, and the NHS dentist at the time suggested grinding the whole lot off to stumps and fitting about 8 crowns, whether you would still get this under the NHS where you pay summat like half or a set maximum fee, i don’t know the current regs.
Worth having a chat with your dentist, assuming you are registered with an NHS one, if going private then crowns are something like £500 each though you might find cheaper (especially if you are prepared to go abroad, say Poland Or Czech Republic and get them done whilst on a holiday), unfortunately this may well be classed as cosmetic work so private beautification, as opposed to beatification :open_mouth: which may not apply to you or me :laughing: yet :sunglasses: , may be the only route.

Having had the crowns for so long, yes they look better than filled teeth (though of course things are a lot more advanced now) but you can suffer from gum reduction over time and you need to take care, so don’t upset too many absent husbands if they’re built like brick outhouses :smiling_imp: , and i’ve broke crowns eating before, so if you can get your own gnashers whitened successfully, even if it’s a stop gap for another 10 years till you’re in your dotage say :wink: , then my advice would be to do that and keep your own teeth as long as possible.

An electric toothbrush and T-cut :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Only joking but if you don’t already use one electric toothbrushes are brilliant,might not cure it but might stop the rot. You can get toothpaste with gritty bits in it to polish your teeth. A good mouth wash is also worth using. but if you have them all out t-cut should do it.

Nice one, cheers for the info Juddian.

I’ll consider crowns but something tells me it will probably end up as false teeth, to be romantic I will see if the wife will let me put them in the same glass of water as hers at night.

That reminds me once upon a time my pappy used to put me off going all the way with my girlfriend’s by telling me “they have teeth down there”.

Anyway this worked till I was about 15 and my girlfriend at the time who was getting a little frustrated by my lack of fanny action insisted she showed me her nether regions to prove no teeth where present.
At first I refused fearful that getting to close could get me bitten, but eventually I succumbed and nervously peered into her love tunnel as she parted her lips.
OMG I cried, your right there’s no teeth but look at the state of your gums…

knight2:
An electric toothbrush and T-cut :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
Only joking but if you don’t already use one electric toothbrushes are brilliant,might not cure it but might stop the rot. You can get toothpaste with gritty bits in it to polish your teeth. A good mouth wash is also worth using. but if you have them all out t-cut should do it.

Cheers I think I’m past the enamel now but will give Tcut a try. :slight_smile:

Mines were an absolute shambles, was ■■■■ scared of the dentist so just never went and then decided before my wedding i’d have to go get them sorted.

Ended up with the full top lot out and a plate. Best thing I ever done, no toothache anymore nice smile and if I ever want them whitened or anything I can get a new plate and choose how white I want to go.

My mouth used to be a bloodbath after brushing my gnashers then I changed dentist who diagnosed early gum disease and recommended flossing and brushing between teeth with tiny little brushes (can’t remember brand name but you get them in Tesco,Wilko’s etc) and now a year later- no blood, nice pink gums and no return visits to dentist, only 6monthly check-ups

I reckon there is nothing more off putting than somebody with yellow or bad teeth that look like they’re rocking a gob full of twiglets or a burned fence. :imp:

When I was about 9 yrs old I had a bad experience at the school dentist, (basically he was pulling my tooth out and the anaesthetic had not taken :open_mouth: ) I was then terrified of ever going back.
When I was about 18 I had terrible toothache for months but would not go to dentist, I was in ■■■■ agony, and like a bear with a sore arse going off the handle for the least little thing …causing me lots of problems. :unamused:
My girlfriend at the time had a word with her dentist and she eventually persaded me, …to cut a long (boring :smiley: ) story short she led me by the hand, and the dentist let her come in with me (like an overgrown 6 foot kid :blush: ) and he took the offending tooth out.
I then went back every six months and have done so ever since to date.
I have had a few fillings and a couple of crowns since, but got by ok in the chair, although stiill hated it rather than feared it as I used to.

Even today I can still slightly feel the nerves kick in remembering that day as a kid, but 9 times out of ten I get the all clear on the check ups, as I do try and look after them…which enhances my rugged good looks btw. :sunglasses:
:unamused: :laughing:

I had a very similar experience to robroy , it was in the days when they used gas and I was still awake :frowning: . by the time I was in my early thirtys what teeth I had left were a disgrace . anyway I was earning good money so plucked up courage and went to a different dentist . what a difference to the old one , music in the background and dolly bird assistants :slight_smile: I felt much more relaxed about the whole experience . after having a chat regarding my options he persuaded me to get a bridge fitted .cant remember the cost but it was expensive . 30 years later its still there and still looking good .

I had the whole lot removed back in 1984, aged 33, and never regretted it. The school dentist destroyed my teeth as a kid and I waited until I could stand the pain no longer, and they had virtually all rotted away, and got them sorted. Had them removed a few at a time and then the final twelve taken out in one go and woke up with the new gnashers installed. Went home and bit into a jam sarnie, big mistake!! :open_mouth: However they soon settled down and then, when the gums had healed etc after several months, another set were made that I still use.

Pete.

My old dad was in the merchant navy during WW2 and ended up in New York having the whole lot out in one go. Went for months with no teeth until he got a set of dentures. They were 'ard in those days. :slight_smile:

peterm:
My old dad was in the merchant navy during WW2 and ended up in New York having the whole lot out in one go. Went for months with no teeth until he got a set of dentures. They were 'ard in those days. :slight_smile:

I had all mine out , bottom set on Friday , top set on next Wednesday and waited 6 months before I got dentures because of gum disease . I could crack nuts with my gums by then . That was in 1966 , NHS was free and dentures only cost £17 .

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: , £17.00 You lucky devil, Its little wonder you are a rich retired old driver, Regards Larry.

peterm:

That was how it used to be, wait six months until the gums had healed and shrunk, my dad was the same but when I had mine done they gave me a temporary set (came from Red Rum before they buried him at Aintree I think! :open_mouth: ) and then a ‘proper set’ six months later which I still use. I think mine cost £28?

Pete.

:smiley: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: :wink:

windrush:

peterm:

That was how it used to be, wait six months until the gums had healed and shrunk, my dad was the same but when I had mine done they gave me a temporary set (came from Red Rum before they buried him at Aintree I think! :open_mouth: ) and then a ‘proper set’ six months later which I still use. I think mine cost £28?

Pete.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The whiff of bad breath comes from the bacteria that lie in the plaque all around the teeth, be they Wisdom, unwise, or otherwise. :stuck_out_tongue:

If a person with false teeth drops them into a glass of fizz every night, then has anyone bothered to find out what one’s mouth hygeine status is whilst they are out?

I mention it, as there is a school of thought that suggests it is “cosmetically incorrect” to walk about at large with one’s false teeth still on the bedside table in the glass, because you’ve say, forgotten to wear them for the day.

Natrually, no one goes anywhere near guy with “medical ailment” as it were, but consider this…

When dating the girlies, what do they think of say, snogging a good looking guy that has a foul mouth (not from bad language, that is…) compared to a visually-displeasing individual let’s say, that happens to have fresh breath like a colegate advert, and knows how to use his tongue (again, not in the foreign languages way…!) to pleasing effect on the fair ■■■ that we are often led to believe “prefer kissing to fingers and tops”.? :stuck_out_tongue: :question:
Stop sniggering at the back there. I’m trying to make serious conversation here!