Whats the lowest weight?

you have been personally ?,as an adult. did u feel at your best then? im asking because iv been on a diet almost a year lost about 3 stone but often feel lousy as ■■■■ . iv got it in my head if i lose another stone i will be at my ideal weight but will i then feel good? the thinner i get will i suddenly feel wahey or does it go tother way you get thin but feel unhappy and why is that ?
i rarely see skinny blokes laughing you know how its allus podgy blokes doin the back slapping in pubs

iv a skinny brother and to be honest he looks drawn never laughs cant say iv asked him how he feels. im 53 , 6 ft1 fairly big bone sort and now 13 stones
or in middle age do you “handle better” with a bit of a load

I’ve been the same weight for 22 yrs and never varied , I wear Alcoa shoes :laughing:

My lowest weight was when I was 22, I weighed 9 stone 2 and I’m 6 foot tall.
I worked with racehorses and was bloody fit and strong.
Looking back on it now I felt fantastic, but my wife says I looked Ill.

When I was 50 and looking after classic and racing cars I felt fantastic 6ft 1in 14st and strong , regularly walked 8-10miles with my then lady and her dog .
Didn’t worry about diet or excercise as the job kept me fit and super active , plus the dog and loads of gardening and diy .
13 years later is a very different story though .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

18month ago I was 17st 11lb now I’m 13st but not all was good as I’ve been diagnosed as gluten intolerant , so bread and cakes are out [emoji22]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never worried about my weight…don’t even know what I weigh.
I’m fit enough to do the things I like(fishing,gardening,motorcycling)and that’s good enough for me.
I’ll race anybody over 30yds

Its maybe just the baby weight.

Wait, this is mumsnet right…?

Corij, not sure I understand the question mate, I’m 6 foot, slimmish and I am 14 and a half stone, and I feel great, not fat, not thin, cheer up.

Sapper

Im fat and happy (well fattish and fairly happy :smiley: )

I’m about 1.5 stone heavier than I was 2 years ago, I do want to get back down but I like a drink on my days off and thats not good for ya, also occasionally smoking weed and getting the munchies just doesn’t help when I end up eating £10 worth of sweets & crisps :laughing: I’m at the high end of 16 stone (with a belly) but I do strength training at the gym and can lift more than the average person (gonna add some hard cardio into the mix to get the belly down)

When you say you feel lousy do you mean lack of energy? If so it might be more what you’re eating for example you might not be eating enough carbs fats and protein, a lot of people cut down on carbs and fats thinking they’re bad for you when in actual fact they’re needed (obviously not in excess) both are needed for energy and fat is needed for the body to function properly i.e brain function.

see i did my diet the dafty way. just cut out breakfast , had a regular midday meal then a titchy evening meal of boiled veg n gravy usually . im now thinking this wasnt balanced probably almost no fat -no energy? [altho i lost weight ] . iv noticed that famous folk who lose the weight look great but within a year they cant stay thin pauline quirk] [anne diamond] end up as fat as ever and seem happy back at the big weight

im determined to stay thin tho hopefully once i get “on the level” a few months at 12 1/2 stone stability , my feeling craap /lightheaded etc will improve.

sapper:
Corij, not sure I understand the question mate, I’m 6 foot, slimmish and I am 14 and a half stone, and I feel great, not fat, not thin, cheer up.

Sapper

av u done a bmi check ? i know thats not an exact for everyone but mine says 12 stones about right for man of my age/height. in my mind 12 seems like a concentration camp victim Belsen boy but its easy to sway the other way and say “whats 2 or 3 stone+ between friends”,the cop out

in my 20s i was 12 stone + so thats about right. i will get there [12 1/2 ] i know that .

corij:
see i did my diet the dafty way. just cut out breakfast …

And here you go! I know some people can get away with it, but no wonder you feel light headed which likely indicates your blood sugar is all out of wack - very bad if you drive for a living.

Exercise is the biggest factor in losing weight as you have to burn off the fat. You can starve yourself all you want, but your body will just react by storing fat as a panic measure.

I’m not a good example but I have struggled with weight for 59 years. I have dieted 36 Times and tried everything. I recently lost 8 and 1/2 stone, looked and felt ■■■■■■ I stopped smoking, drinking and got back in touch with “the wife”

She says there are no wrinkles on a balloon [emoji14]

Wheel Nut:
I’m not a good example but I have struggled with weight for 59 years. I have dieted 36 Times and tried everything. I recently lost 8 and 1/2 stone, looked and felt [zb], I stopped smoking, drinking and got back in touch with “the wife”

She says there are no wrinkles on a balloon [emoji14]

You lost eight and a half stone? Fair play to you I say, that’s an epic achievement in my book. You may have felt and looked like ■■■■, but I bet your heart thanked you.