England chances in World Cup [Merged]

Yeh,…I know a lot of you couldn’t give a twopenny ■■■■ about football, England or the World Cup, and no doubt others will come out with the ‘‘overpaid prima donnas’’ , ‘‘home in a week’’, ‘‘not a chance in hell’’ , chestnuts, and ‘‘more important things to do than watch that crap’’ drone drone… etc etc :smiley: .
So no need to contribute, I’ve done it for you. :smiley:

So to any REAL football fans on here,… Is anybody else optimistic for this squad?
They’re all young lads, all up for it, for many it’s their first major tournament, there aint one particular player like past tournaments such as Shearer, Beckham, Rooney, where it’s a… '‘If …‘s injured we’re totally Donald Ducked’’ scenario, and many are versatile to play on left or right, or back or midfield.

It might be made up of too many defenders on the down side, but look a few years ago when Germany fielded a squad of young boys and they went through the tournament like prune juice. :bulb:
The press have not had a pop campaign against England this time either which has had negative effects on past squads…Dentist chair etc ., no ■■■■■■■■ about player’s .wags or crap like that,…so who knows what we could do this time.

The only potential hard game in the group stages is Belgium I reckon.
I aint getting carried away saying their gonna win the World Cup :smiley: , but I reckon quarter finals are possible, or even semi would be ok for me.

Anybody (who’s interested :bulb: ) got any views?

Ok it may well go ■■■■ up in the Group stages, but I’m used to disappointments…I’m a Newcastle fan ffs! :unamused: :laughing:

I think they will do OK, quarter finals will be a bonus. A young side, all the ‘old guard’ have gone now and I reckon Gareth is looking further into the future than this competition and building a team that, if he can keep them together, will be a good England team for the next few years. I doubt that we will ever win the World Cup again in my lifetime but there are many other countries with even less chance! :smiley:

Pete.

Some of the England World Cup squad visited an orphanage in Russia today. “Its so sad to see their little faces all full of hope” said Vladimir aged 6.

This World Cup is about the most open one in a while tbh,No teams are full of “stars” like they have in previous years so I feel it’s anybodys cup to be taken out of about 10 teams,England included.

What’s vital is individuals have good world cups,the likes of Sterling,Alli,Kane,Vardy have to perform for me Rashford and Loftus Cheek could come to the fore in this World Cup and make themselves known on the world stage,Rashford is massively wasted at Man U and I’d like to see him leave for his own sake and England’s going forward.

No one expects us to do any good and usually it’s the teams that no one expects anything from that surprise at the tournaments,we have a fantastic attacking young team much much better than the old guards Rooney (in his later years) Lampard ect who always seemed to slow the game down,we used to always seem to play 90 minutes of defending and hoping to nick a goal from a set piece but that seems to have changed under Southgate and imo he is definitely the man for the job,be great to get to the final anything less and I’m afraid it’s not good enough.

Well better than my draw in the depot sweepstakes. There’s only 7 of us in Salford, so we discounted the worst four teams and drew four each. I’ve ended up with Mexico, Serbia , south Korea and Nigeria. Triffic :unamused:

exactly the same as scotlands…zero.
the only difference is that it takes them a tad longer to realise it.

So today, Les Bleus, France, just about managed to scrape a 2-1 win against the Socceroos .

How do you all think England will fare against Tunisia ? and on

Yeah yeah I know, who gives a F, England will be the first ones on the plane to be going home,

Sorry , but bored and suffering from P A S D

pierrot 14:
So today, Les Bleus, France, just about managed to scrape a 2-1 win against the Socceroos .

How do you all think England will fare against Tunisia ?

I bet you to it on Bullys Pierrot mate. :smiley:

Put a fiver on England 3 Tunisia 0 for Monday.

Also a daft bet for England to win World Cup :blush: :laughing:
Watch this space. :smiley:

I think England can go all the way and win the cup this year

In other news, I received a blow to the head earlier on…

dieseldog999:

DD mate…If they sat in the stands on Mon night, their chances would still be classed as higher than Scotlands…because England at least qualified. :bulb: :smiley:

The-Snowman:
I think England can go all the way and win the cup this year

In other news, I received a blow to the head earlier on…

So how do you rate Scotland’s chances then?..oh hang on a minute.
:wink: :smiley:

dieseldog999:

:laughing: :laughing:

robroy:
their chances would still be classed as higher than Scotlands…because England at least qualified. :bulb: :smiley:

Ouch

Just you wait Rob. Sleeping giants, quietly building a side that will take everyone by surprise one year.
Youll all expect easy victories and we’ll come racing up the inside and destroy all in our path with awesome football.
Lulling you all into a false sense of security then picking you off and catching you by surprise.

Did I mention it was a big blow to the head I got? :laughing:

The-Snowman:
Just you wait Rob. Sleeping giants, quietly building a side that will take everyone by surprise one year.
Youll all expect easy victories and we’ll come racing up the inside and destroy all in our path with awesome football.
Lulling you all into a false sense of security then picking you off and catching you by surprise.

Did I mention it was a big blow to the head I got? :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:
Thought you were about to break into a rendition of ‘‘Ally’s tartan army’’ for a minute there Snowman. :smiley:

robroy:
Thought you were about to break into a rendition of ‘‘Ally’s tartan army’’ for a minute there Snowman. :smiley:

Nah, but this song here is close to my feelings.

Although these days “I have a dream” is more about getting there before I reach pension age! :laughing:

Reckon we’ll win it.
Just got a feeling…don’t really care…but just got a feeling.

pierrot 14:

How do you all think England will fare against Tunisia ? and on

Yeah yeah I know, who gives a F, England will be the first ones on the plane to be going home,

Sorry , but bored and suffering from P A S D

They’ve a weakish midfield, strange selections in defence and their best keeper seems to be third choice. However they have got serious options in attack and a thus a strong attacking bench. Should be too good for Tunisia and Panama and, I reckon, will make it through the group comfortably. After that I’d make them a 50/50 chance against Colombia or Poland in the R16 but can’t see them getting past a probable QF against Germany or Brazil.

QF would be a decent effort for them though and should be seen as a success. Anything beyond that would be an excellent showing but it’s unlikely.

robroy:
Put a fiver on England 3 Tunisia 0 for Monday.

Also a daft bet for England to win World Cup :blush: [emoji38]
Watch this space. :smiley:

I’ve done similar £5 on a Tunisia win, I’m gonna be popular down the sucker when the match is on…

But really I did this for my bonus inplay bet which I’ll also put on England 3-0.

Expectations are low, well until they get out of the group stages then the frenzy will begin. To be fair they might just do it.

robroy:

dieseldog999:

DD mate…If they sat in the stands on Mon night, their chances would still be classed as higher than Scotlands…because England at least qualified. :bulb: :smiley:

^^^^^^^
:smiley: that was my point exactly.
theres no messing with scotland,we just get binned early so theres no disappointment whereas england go aout it all bells and whistles dreaming about some sort of chance leading to a bigger letdown sooner or later…
i never knew the world cup was on till read it here as i dnt watch live tv r read newspapers but its always the same ending . :slight_smile: