Mayo.n wiley(sic) radio 2

Anyone hang around for this new venture.I lasted about 10 seconds.Not keen on the Whiley style,endless “championing” of “New”…“Exciting”…“undiscovered”…“Artists”.(yeh,right).The first record played being one of Springsteens more pedestrian offerings,doesn’t auger well.Thought Mayos show,not too shabby,kind of grown comfortable with it,there’s a good vibe there and despite my loathing of anything remotely connected to any kind of sports related stories,I grew rather partial to dr Mosh over the years .Seems like the new trash era has now totally submerged the quality formats we have enjoyed over the years at radio 2.How can a nebulous,egotistic,w… k stain rejoicing in the name.Oj borge,ever be worthy of replacing the fine Alex Lester on any level??..un [zb]inbelievable

She brings absolutely zero to the show, she’s been planted there as a kind of minder to stop it getting too “laddish” (which was one of the more entertaining things about it), typical BBC gender diversity box ticking

The R2 schedule has been decimated recently. There clearly is some snowflake with an agenda to destroy anything that might appeal to the great unwashed with this new drive time format being the latest drivel to replace a quality show. The three hander between Simon, Matt and Bobby has worked extremely well and had become R2’s highlight of the day. Alex Lester’s buffoonery was a real tonic for night time workers. Night time is nowt but repeats and discount versions of Smashy and Nicey. The Vine show format is a sad shadow of the valued and entertaining content of the late JY prog. Sarah Cox has brought her expanded 80’s show to the airwaves now and I got the message from that. If you’re pre 80’s then it’s adios amigos, well I don’t feel I’ll be missing anything at all now. so hasta la vista baby!

TiredAndEmotional:
The R2 schedule has been decimated recently. There clearly is some snowflake with an agenda to destroy anything that might appeal to the great unwashed with this new drive time format being the latest drivel to replace a quality show. The three hander between Simon, Matt and Bobby has worked extremely well and had become R2’s highlight of the day. Alex Lester’s buffoonery was a real tonic for night time workers. Night time is nowt but repeats and discount versions of Smashy and Nicey. The Vine show format is a sad shadow of the valued and entertaining content of the late JY prog. Sarah Cox has brought her expanded 80’s show to the airwaves now and I got the message from that. If you’re pre 80’s then it’s adios amigos, well I don’t feel I’ll be missing anything at all now. so hasta la vista baby!

Spot on,the downgrade from quality music and format continues apace.I’m starting to loathe what I once loved.Even Kens having to play the drivel that passes for modern “music”.Absolutely abominable aural excrement.

TiredAndEmotional:
If you’re pre 80’s then it’s adios

To add insult to injury absolute 70’s has now been taken out of the DAB radio choice because the format supposedly doesn’t have enough space for all the different channels when that was supposedly its main advantage.In which case it seems strange why the younger demographic don’t get their preferred post 80’s channel choices pushed onto the more complicated WI FI internet broadcast format instead of the older ( better 70’s ) music listener group.

Probably more like the mobile internet service providers know that 70’s music is better so want that put on the most expensive media formats.While the younger demographic doesn’t want to actually pay for the silly over complicated and expensive high tech media,which they’ve supposedly demanded for their preference.

Carryfast:

TiredAndEmotional:
If you’re pre 80’s then it’s adios

To add insult to injury absolute 70’s has now been taken out of the DAB radio choice because the format supposedly doesn’t have enough space for all the different channels when that was supposedly its main advantage.In which case it seems strange why the younger demographic don’t get their preferred post 80’s channel choices pushed onto the more complicated WI FI internet broadcast format instead of the older ( better 70’s ) music listener group.

Probably more like the mobile internet service providers know that 70’s music is better so want that put on the most expensive media formats.While the younger demographic doesn’t want to actually pay for the silly over complicated and expensive high tech media,which they’ve supposedly demanded for their preference.

Took absolute 60’s of about a year ago .Also ruined planet rock took most of there band width to make absolute radio single much better .

The peasants are revolting…

Radio 2’s equality drive backfires as furious listeners call for ‘refreshed’ schedule to be axed because new drivetime co-hosts Simon Mayo and Jo Whiley ‘have no chemistry’
Two petitions calling for return of old drivetime format signed by 5,000 people
Jo Whiley joined show just two weeks ago but listeners say she has no chemistry
Format was changed after debate over gender equality at BBC earlier this year

Read more: dailymail.co.uk/news/article … z5GgUTqvcG
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook]

I gave it 10 minutes, it just doesn’t work.

Jo whiley has ruined drive time!
I like Simon Mayo but adding Jo has spoilt what was a good show. Get her off asap!

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Is it all part of a plot ?
I was quite happy with R2 , listened at all times of the day as I trogged around the UK .
Always played music from my era with some stuff that my parents would have listened to.
The only show I didn’t enjoy was The Organist entertains.
Tolerated Sir Tel retirement but the rot started when they ruined the night time schedule, really enjoyed the Dark Lord and hated when he was on holiday .
Now even the remaining shows are playing music from a couple of generations after me , into the era that we regard with disdain. I seems they are aiming at a different demographic and we are to be abandoned into a void .
I will bet that the listening figures take a real dip in the next year .

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk