How has it improved

As you all know i don’t work overnights but i have many friends who do and the story from them is after been away for a week that it’s brill when they get home and they put that down to been away all week
Do that work for everyone is it like a second honeymoon every weekend
If so it has to be a good thing that keeps the spark going
I should think about doing overnighting if it is

Jamesduff:
As you all know i don’t work overnights

Who are you? Never heard of you let alone what shifts your working, or not. :open_mouth:

UKtramp:

Jamesduff:

Who are you? Never heard of you let alone what shifts your working, or not. :open_mouth:

Thats a very good comment .

Jamesduff:

UKtramp:

Jamesduff:

Thats a very good comment

Oh dear [emoji23]

An interesting topic probably best suited to the main forum as it relates to subject matter trampers or drivers who night out will experience once in a while.

However recent revelations about how the admin/mod team deliberately bait members of this forum and even use premod members as forum fodder to justify closing a thread leaves me to believe no reply I give can pass censorship so I will bow out for now.

No the mod team don’t dipper

Dipper_Dave:
An interesting topic probably best suited to the main forum as it relates to subject matter trampers or drivers who night out will experience once in a while.

However recent revelations about how the admin/mod team deliberately bait members of this forum and even use premod members as forum fodder to justify closing a thread leaves me to believe no reply I give can pass censorship so I will bow out for now.

That’s a bit unfair don’t you think? You’ve taken an isolated situation out of context and applied a broad spectrum across the board ‘norm’ to it, I’ve always respected your opinions Dave because in between all the double entendres and comedic ■■■■ you’ve always shown to cast a balanced and fair assessment of the subject at hand, however in my humble opinion I think you’ve missed the mark a little this time.

Dipper_Dave:

Would you blame the entire membership of TN for what one member does ?

What have I missed? :smiley:

TiredAndEmotional:
What have I missed? :smiley:

Nothing that needs rehashing, it was in the open forum and not altered or hidden in any way.

Reef:

Dipper_Dave:

That’s a bit unfair don’t you think? You’ve taken an isolated situation out of context and applied a broad spectrum across the board ‘norm’ to it, I’ve always respected your opinions Dave because in between all the double entendres and comedic ■■■■ you’ve always shown to cast a balanced and fair assessment of the subject at hand, however in my humble opinion I think you’ve missed the mark a little this time.

Not so sure Dipper has missed the mark on this occasion, the mods seem to have missed it, isn’t the rule of attack the post and not the poster relevant here? Also isn’t this post a bit obvious as to what the motives are. In my opinion the original post was suspect, the answer really gives it away. Dipper_Dave will not be the only one to come to his conclusion.

Dipper_Dave:

Agreed so far, but…
…it was moved here by a Moderator because the OP is so obviously nonsense. :wink:
A check of the OPs other posts seems to confirm this. :wink: :wink:

Dipper_Dave:

Since you’ve used the word “revelations,” that might suggest to some people that you believe it. :open_mouth:

=====================================

Dipper_Dave:
However some recent unfounded random crap about how the admin/mod team deliberately bait members of this forum and even use premod members as forum fodder to justify closing a thread have me completely fooled into believing no reply I give can pass censorship so I will bow out for now.

… and was left there so that those who bleat about censorship… can’t bleat about censorship. :wink: </TIC Mode>

UKtramp:

Reef:

Dipper_Dave:

Not so sure Dipper has missed the mark on this occasion, the mods seem to have missed it, isn’t the rule of attack the post and not the poster relevant here? Also isn’t this post a bit obvious as to what the motives are. In my opinion the original post was suspect, the answer really gives it away. Dipper_Dave will not be the only one to come to his conclusion.

I don’t agree with Dipper’s conclusion, but yes the rest of it is on the money, it caught my attention with the rebuttal to your initial response and thought it best to let it develop, not because I think you deserved the response, but to allow the op to prove his intentions. It could be a learning experience for us all.

If nobody bites, see how long it takes for the op to get bored of his stupid game, then the mods don’t get accused of heavy handedness and you guys get rid of the problem yourselves and we can all get along without drama or fuss. I think it has merit.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

newmercman:
I don’t agree with Dipper’s conclusion, but yes the rest of it is on the money, it caught my attention with the rebuttal to your initial response and thought it best to let it develop, not because I think you deserved the response, but to allow the op to prove his intentions. It could be a learning experience for us all.

If nobody bites, see how long it takes for the op to get bored of his stupid game, then the mods don’t get accused of heavy handedness and you guys get rid of the problem yourselves and we can all get along without drama or fuss. I think it has merit.

That last paragraph of yours hits the nail on the head. I’ve tried to reply to the poster in question with a response befitting a trucking forum. They seem to ignore sensible discussion in favour of arguing with the “troll hunters”. Seems to me like the solution is easy and needs no intervention off the mod team.

The same tactic works for all kinds of keyboard warrior, they soon get bored if nobody bites, it’s difficult sometimes as some are very good at what they do and it’s human nature to defend yourself if targeted, even indirectly, but ignoring them is the best method by far.

You can report them using the report function on here or just ignore them, it’s easy for the mod team to see a pattern emerging from a member, usually a new one, especially if their confrontational posts go unanswered and that also removes the danger of anyone crossing the line in retaliation.

Now don’t take that the wrong way, you can still have a laugh and a bit of banter, but when it comes to somebody posting just to get a reaction, the best step to take is to stay away, you don’t need to win every battle to win a war…

Dipper_Dave:

Can’t see anything on this post other than the truth to be honest :neutral_face:

Then again though, the ’ new ’ sanitised TNUK doesn’t really accomodate members having an opinion contrary to the officers in charge. I assume it’s not just me that can see how most posters now are wary about their comments?.. Maybe it’s the ’ forum fodder ’ bit that got a handful of mod’s sprinting over to their laptops asap…

I think you’re a little confused eagerbeaver, opinions don’t get censored, if that were the case then all the threads on here would be just a single post or a post with replies of +1.

You may be correct about self censorship regarding the obvious intent behind the posts this thread pertains to, but that’s not a bad thing, there’s been no big argument, no lines crossed except by the member that tried and failed to cause a commotion and coincidentally hasn’t posted for a while now.

Surely that’s a good thing? It was unlikely to produce any good natured banter, so hardly entertaining, unless of course, you consider a full blown argument entertainment, in which case it will be a disappointment.

newmercman:
I think you’re a little confused eagerbeaver, opinions don’t get censored, if that were the case then all the threads on here would be just a single post or a post with replies of +1.

You may be correct about self censorship regarding the obvious intent behind the posts this thread pertains to, but that’s not a bad thing, there’s been no big argument, no lines crossed except by the member that tried and failed to cause a commotion and coincidentally hasn’t posted for a while now.

Surely that’s a good thing? It was unlikely to produce any good natured banter, so hardly entertaining, unless of course, you consider a full blown argument entertainment, in which case it will be a disappointment.

I’m not confused mate. Opinions don’t get censored, they just get stopped in their tracks by locking threads.

As for arguing being entertaining, I’ve got better things to do tbh :neutral_face: The member that you refer to as in your opinion ’ crossed a line ', probably hasn’t bothered posting for a while because he has become disillusioned with the site. Many members are becoming that way, yet the admin/management team (or whatever corporate minded name you have this week) are seemingly oblivious to this fact.

It seems to me that Dipper is yet another popular long term member to drop you lot a hint, but it seems to fall upon deaf ears sadly…

Which threads have been locked and who has had anything removed recently? That’s a question to anyone who cares to answer btw.

Only one member could answer that in the positive, although he would have to set up yet another alternate account to do so.

You are all free to post whatever you like, as long as it doesn’t break site rules, it will be there for all eternity, it really doesn’t get any simpler than that, it matters not if you’re on premod or free to post at will, if its within the rules, it goes up for all to see.

If you feel neutered by this, then the problem lies within, you can’t blame the moderators/admins for everything, although you are entitled to, as long as it’s done following the rules.

The point beaver is making is very much valid, it appears that if you just be yourself and express yourself in a way or manner that the mods do not approve of (breaking the rules or not) then you are likely to end up either “been shown the door” or at the very least having your cards marked. This to some, is not only seen in a negative way but actually is like walking on egg shells and carefully replying with an answer or post that pleases the mods rather than being honest and quite possibly being justified. Which ever way you look at it, it is censorship that has gone out of proportion to the wrong people. The “troll hunter” types are still running a mock, the better posters are weary and may as well be or made to feel that they are on pre mod themselves. Just my thoughts and observation, but it is becoming this way.