22.30 and the trolls

are back in their beds, cells, nursing homes

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I just go into my user control panel and mark suspected trolls as foes. Itā€™s getting to be a bit of a listā€¦ :grimacing:

I dont think you should ever blank anyone on a forum as you can always leaern something from even the most bigotted monkey going!

Trickydick:
I dont think you should ever blank anyone on a forum as you can always leaern something from even the most bigotted monkey going!

My life is short, I donā€™t waste it by finishing books I donā€™t like, staying for films or plays Iā€™m not enjoying. Same reasoning, I CBA reading drivel from idiots. There are some good posters in here, I donā€™t want to wade through drivel to find them.

Being newish on this forum I wonder if maybe I am classed as a troll? I can assure you I am not. Anyway I understand how it can be annoying but surely if you do think someone is a fake it is better to ignore them or block them (not sure if that is possible as have not looked) than answer and give them abuse telling them they are liars etc.
My mate who told me about this forum simply ignores any posts he thinks are there to wind others up and if I continue to post on here I will do the same.
Seems some are almost paranoid and obsessed that every new member is a troll.

albion:

Trickydick:

My life is short, I donā€™t waste it by finishing books I donā€™t like, staying for films or plays Iā€™m not enjoying. Same reasoning, I CBA reading drivel from idiots. There are some good posters in here, I donā€™t want to wade through drivel to find them.

Quite right albion, but letā€™s face it there is some drivel thatā€™s certainly not from trolls. As you say there are a lot of good posters but there are also some regulars that spout rubbish.
This forum seems to be going through a bad phase and I hope it improves soon.

jakethesnake:

albion:

Trickydick:

Quite right albion, but letā€™s face it there is some drivel thatā€™s certainly not from trolls. As you say there are a lot of good posters but there are also some regulars that spout rubbish.
This forum seems to be going through a bad phase and I hope it improves soon.

Letā€™s hope, eh? :wink:

If you blank a troll, then their messages are still there for everyone else to see, perhaps slagging you off something rottenā€¦

I would have thought that ā€œburying oneā€™s head in the sandā€ with regards to ā€œcomments that hurt oneā€™s feelingsā€ isnā€™t the way to go then.

Come up with a better argument, take the ā– ā– ā– ā– , or even argue the toss.

Remember: Online, and in the post-truth age - ā€œEveryone is a politician" now. We all have our own opinions on "how better to do somethingā€ā€¦ The weakest thing a politician can ever say is ā€œI donā€™t know the answer to that, but I can find outā€. FFS if you donā€™t know answers, then one shouldnā€™t even be in a position where youā€™re getting questions asked of one!

We could use a good turnover in politics. MORE members of the public running for office, and take AWAY this ā€œCareer Politicianā€ thing.

Imagine what would happen if ā€œNo MP were allowed to be an MP for more than 10 years in a rowā€¦ā€

You would have those MPs already in office, consider stepping side, if they were not in government by a certain point, ā€œkeeping their powder dry for a later comebackā€¦ā€
You would also have more MPs acting for the benefit of their Party, rather than just trying to climb that greasy pole to ā€œCabinetā€ā€¦

ā€œPassing Timeā€ SHOULD ā€œhurry people upā€. But not yet in Politics, it seems. Once in office, itā€™s "Take a rest folks, weā€™ve got five years to sit on our arses, and draw our pay nowā€¦"

That, needs to STOP. :angry: