22.30 and the trolls

If you blank a troll, then their messages are still there for everyone else to see, perhaps slagging you off something rotten…

I would have thought that “burying one’s head in the sand” with regards to “comments that hurt one’s feelings” isn’t the way to go then.

Come up with a better argument, take the ■■■■, or even argue the toss.

Remember: Online, and in the post-truth age - “Everyone is a politician" now. We all have our own opinions on "how better to do something”… The weakest thing a politician can ever say is “I don’t know the answer to that, but I can find out”. FFS if you don’t know answers, then one shouldn’t even be in a position where you’re getting questions asked of one!

We could use a good turnover in politics. MORE members of the public running for office, and take AWAY this “Career Politician” thing.

Imagine what would happen if “No MP were allowed to be an MP for more than 10 years in a row…”

You would have those MPs already in office, consider stepping side, if they were not in government by a certain point, “keeping their powder dry for a later comeback…”
You would also have more MPs acting for the benefit of their Party, rather than just trying to climb that greasy pole to “Cabinet”…

“Passing Time” SHOULD “hurry people up”. But not yet in Politics, it seems. Once in office, it’s "Take a rest folks, we’ve got five years to sit on our arses, and draw our pay now…"

That, needs to STOP. :angry: