RDC Refrigeration

I have managed to retrieve 3 of my many refrigeration videos that I used to have on youtube. I stopped the channel a few years ago because of the types often found on forums and the such. I have got 3 videos which are really interesting ones for those who would like to see the inside of the refrigeration plant that runs these RDCs. Two of them are very rare as there are not many of us who are licenced to fill ammonia plants in the volumes that are required. One is a breakdown I fixed and the other two shows an actual ammonia leak whilst we were filling a plant with 2 tons of the stuff. These refrigeration systems are very complex and the average person never actually gets to see them as they are strictly off limits except to the chosen few. These videos will be made available to the interested few rather than the usual nutters on here to see. The problem I have is that they clearly show me and my van registration number on the videos and there are those on here I would not want to see this info. Also it stops the usual troll callers and proves I am who I say I am.

There you go again, speaking waffle and posting about yourself with no link to back up the waffle
So you were a chemical driver going by your post
Tell us something new

nightline:

FYI nightline, UKT said this:

UKtramp:
… there are not many of us who are licenced to fill ammonia plants …

I’d say it’s quite unlikely that a chemical driver would actually fill a refrigeration system itself, because IIRC that would normally be a job for a qualified technician as UKT claims to be.

I say that because I’ve delivered '000s of kgs of refrigeration gas (the one I carried was liquid CO2) to all kinds of places, but I never once directly filled an actual refrigeration system, instead we delivered to static storage tanks for the technicians to draw off as and when needed.

Having said that, I’ve never done ammonia.

dieseldave:

nightline:

UKtramp:

I’d say it’s quite unlikely that a chemical driver would actually fill a refrigeration system itself, because IIRC that would normally be a job for a qualified technician as UKT claims to be.

I say that because I’ve delivered '000s of kgs of refrigeration gas (the one I carried was liquid CO2) to all kinds of places, but I never once directly filled an actual refrigeration system, instead we delivered to static storage tanks for the technicians to draw off as and when needed.

A driver most certainly cannot fill a refrigeration system, it is a highly skilled and dangerous procedure at an RDC or any ammonia system for that matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UKtramp:
I have managed to retrieve 3 of my many refrigeration videos that I used to have on youtube. I stopped the channel a few years ago because of the types often found on forums and the such. I have got 3 videos which are really interesting ones for those who would like to see the inside of the refrigeration plant that runs these RDCs. Two of them are very rare as there are not many of us who are licenced to fill ammonia plants in the volumes that are required. One is a breakdown I fixed and the other two shows an actual ammonia leak whilst we were filling a plant with 2 tons of the stuff. These refrigeration systems are very complex and the average person never actually gets to see them as they are strictly off limits except to the chosen few. These videos will be made available to the interested few rather than the usual nutters on here to see. The problem I have is that they clearly show me and my van registration number on the videos and there are those on here I would not want to see this info. Also it stops the usual troll callers and proves I am who I say I am.

I think most drivers here without any interest read some good info,learn something.More easy hate everyone and dream about 60k salary.

UKtramp:
These refrigeration systems are very complex and the average person never actually gets to see them as they are strictly off limits except to the chosen few.

Haha,as per you attempt to provoke a reaction by trying to place yourself above others…you fixed fridges you clown,get over yourself…you can’t of even of been any good at that as you’ve now found yourself flirting from agency to agency trying to find anyone that will give you work driving HGVs.
Had it really been a week since your last “look at me” posting :unamused:

My initial thought tbh was “here we go again”, but you know what, if I can help I will (not to mention the fact that if you are expecting a negative reaction then this will sorely disappoint… sorry)

So…

UKtramp:
The problem I have is that they clearly show me and my van registration number […]

regarding the van registration plates and any identifying stuff like sign-writing and of course your face you can use post-editing software to blur or even completely black these identifiers out, now I’m no expert when it comes to video editing (my knowledge begins and ends with Windows Movie Maker) but I know a few members here who are sufficiently proficient due to their own Vlogging and editing that would maybe point you in the right direction on how to do what I’ve mentioned. (kevtee, luke C and Scott Andrews to name but a few)

My guess would be using editing software like Sony Vegas but considering that costs over £400 you’d need to be editing a lot of videos to justify that outlay, here’s a link to some possible free alternatives though (unchecked and unverified by me) alternativeto.net/software/sony … opensource

hth.

Another sycophantic…

Post from the preening fop.

Nice to know we’re all nothing but average.

FFS…here we go again :unamused:

UKtramp:

dieseldave:

nightline:

UKtramp:

A driver most certainly cannot fill a refrigeration system, it is a highly skilled and dangerous procedure at an RDC or any ammonia system for that matter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just out of interest UKT, (me being an ex-gas tanker driver) which UN substance number [give the ‘R’ number instead if you like] are you talking about please?

TBF, I do share your concern about showing your van reg number, but then I saw this in the OP from your good self:

UKtramp:
I stopped the channel a few years ago because of the types often found on forums and the such.

Do you still have the same van?

Return of the sock puppet…and you were being so good / quiet :unamused:

To all the posters who are saying sock puppet, troll etc, I have just stated that my intention is to prove I am an actual consultant refrigeration engineer by posting 3 videos of me doing exactly what I say I am. I have posted my refrigeration licences on here in the past for all to see so I am only reinforcing that. My intention is not to belittle anyone from this, how does that work? It is out of interest for those that are interested in seeing my type of work that relates to RDCs and is something you will rarely see. It is to stop these silly comments why I am doing this, but it isn’t for everyone. If you are interested then watch them, but don’t watch them if they are not of interest. I will make the link to the videos available only to those who want to see out of interest and not for making me look big, or I could easily impress you by showing you my house and car.

Reef:
My initial thought tbh was “here we go again”, but you know what, if I can help I will (not to mention the fact that if you are expecting a negative reaction then this will sorely disappoint… sorry)

So…

UKtramp:
The problem I have is that they clearly show me and my van registration number […]

regarding the van registration plates and any identifying stuff like sign-writing and of course your face you can use post-editing software to blur or even completely black these identifiers out, now I’m no expert when it comes to video editing (my knowledge begins and ends with Windows Movie Maker) but I know a few members here who are sufficiently proficient due to their own Vlogging and editing that would maybe point you in the right direction on how to do what I’ve mentioned. (kevtee, luke C and Scott Andrews to name but a few)

My guess would be using editing software like Sony Vegas but considering that costs over £400 you’d need to be editing a lot of videos to justify that outlay, here’s a link to some possible free alternatives though (unchecked and unverified by me) alternativeto.net/software/sony … opensource

hth.

Thanks reef, I will take a look

yourhavingalarf:
Another sycophantic…

Post from the preening fop.

Nice to know we’re all nothing but average.

Who said that? Grow up a bit.

dieseldave:
Just out of interest UKT, (me being an ex-gas tanker driver) which UN substance number [give the ‘R’ number instead if you like] are you talking about please?

TBF, I do share your concern about showing your van reg number, but then I saw this in the OP from your good self:

UKtramp:
I stopped the channel a few years ago because of the types often found on forums and the such.

R717 Dave.

Mark500:

I cannot understand that comment, why have I not been good by posting this?

xichrisxi:

UKtramp:
These refrigeration systems are very complex and the average person never actually gets to see them as they are strictly off limits except to the chosen few.

Haha,as per you attempt to provoke a reaction by trying to place yourself above others…you fixed fridges you clown,get over yourself…you can’t of even of been any good at that as you’ve now found yourself flirting from agency to agency trying to find anyone that will give you work driving HGVs.
Had it really been a week since your last “look at me” posting :unamused:

Sorry you feel this way, Although I have never fixed a fridge in my life. I am not a domestic fridge engineer. You have misunderstood my industrial refrigeration career.

UKtramp:

dieseldave:

UKtramp:

R717 Dave.

Thanks for that UKT.

To any ADR drivers, I can now say that R717 =

UN 1005 AMMONIA, ANHYDROUS, 2.3 (8)

The 2.3 (8) means that it’s a toxic gas which is also corrosive, so it’s a very nasty and highly dangerous gas indeed! :open_mouth:

TBF, I’m not at all surprised that proper qualifications are needed for those who handle and use it.

UKtramp:

Mark500:

Absolutely nothing to do with the condescending “look how amazing I am” tone of the posts regarding your make-believe world :unamused:

GOG47:

UKtramp:

Mark500:

Absolutely nothing to do with the condescending “look how amazing I am” tone of the posts regarding your make-believe world :unamused:

I apologise for my going to University and studying for the qualifications that I hold, my career choice has been good to me and my family. I am a modest person and to be fair, I have a lot to be modest about.