Salisbury alleged Russian connection [Merged]

Rjan:
No I’m saying the reason why the Germans didn’t experience so much industrial ructions in the 70s was because they had better relations to start with. Workers in this country basically refused to pay a single penny of the increased oil cost, and flexed their muscle to make it so, which is why inflation took off, whereas I suspect in Germany the bosses were able to go to the unions and say “listen, costs have gone up for external reasons, we need to work together to absorb them”, and basically German workers sustained below-inflation pay rises for a few years because they trusted the bosses more.

Arent there laws about workers being on the boards of companies above a certain size in Germany? No need for blind faith, or the workers can see the truth of managements statements and its clearly in neither parties interest to have a company fail.
No need for the confrontational “ruling class through right” approach of British management. A wee bit of co-operation and it`s better for all.

Rjan:
With British bosses, workers had spent the entire 1960s walking out (or being locked out) at the drop of a hat (partly because there was already a culture amongst bosses of casual, at-will employment,

And today? Look at Jaguar/LandRover laying off a thousand workers. Made the news, yes, but as agency workers what rights do they have? And some seem to think this is normal! Maybe, sadly it is the new norm…Almost a look back at the queues outside the dock gates of the thirties.

Rjan:
It’s why the Tories have got a shock when they thought they were going to leave the EU and force down wages, taxes, and regulations even further, and the French and Germans have made clear that it will be followed up by tariffs on access to their markets, and that they’re not going to give us a single inch of maneouver on the issue of standards if we want tariff-free access to the EU market.

I wish I could say thats all nonsense! Again, sadly, for us, I think youre correct.

EDIT. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Codetermi … in_Germany