Leading a double life

do you know anyone who leads a double life? Every now and then in the papers theres someone who “was leading a double life” usually involving other women

the only one i know of is a local "biker " bloke Nacton Nick. hes about 50 and hangs around with genuine bikers who ride old time machines. wears a long dutty fishtail parker coat and frizzy long hair,really looks the part of a doley boy . But its fake. Hes actually one of the richest men in East Anglia owns a bloomin estate . How i first cottoned on to his fakeness he told me his tatty Series 1 landrover had a Ford engine -so i asked can i look at the engine. he opened the bonnet and Wow it was not only a Ford engine,was the latest ■■■■■■ engine, plus ford gearbox etc etc =he quickly told me the previous owner had done the conversion,and at that point i believed him .

Later i read he was in the richest persons list ,then it twigged, he had had it fitted himself all part of a charade

thefreelibrary.com/UPPER+CR … a061268612

Don’t know any in person but there are a plenty of users on here leading double/triple/quadruple online lives!

That’s the God’s truth for sure!!!

I worked for a few years in Saudi. A large number of my fellow ex pat colleagues were Icelandic. There were a lot of cabin crew based in a compound who worked for the firm. They all came from Indonesia, Philopenes etc. It was pretty common for these blokes to have a highly secret local asian crew girlfriend and then the wife back home. They’d spend a month away then a couple of weeks back home.

It wasn’t uncommon for the two worlds to collide. One bloke got a phone call in Hong Kong from his wife. His belongings were sitting outside the house in bags back in Iceland. His “girlfriend” had somehow got hold of his address in Iceland and flown out there to tell his wife to stay away from her man :laughing: :astonished:

corij:
https://www.thefreelibrary.com/UPPER+CRUST+NICK'S+BACON+ROLLING+IN+IT%3B+Millionaire+runs+transport…-a061268612

I’m sure he’d thank for drawing attention to him. Are you a frustrated hack? Respect peoples privacy, he’s not a public figure ffs… :unamused:

TiredAndEmotional:

corij:
https://www.thefreelibrary.com/UPPER+CRUST+NICK'S+BACON+ROLLING+IN+IT%3B+Millionaire+runs+transport…-a061268612

I’m sure he’d thank for drawing attention to him. Are you a frustrated hack? Respect peoples privacy, he’s not a public figure ffs… :unamused:

Bet you clicked on the link though … :slight_smile:

corij:
do you know anyone who leads a double life? Every now and then in the papers theres someone who “was leading a double life” usually involving other women

the only one i know of is a local "biker " bloke Nacton Nick. hes about 50 and hangs around with genuine bikers who ride old time machines. wears a long dutty fishtail parker coat and frizzy long hair,really looks the part of a doley boy . But its fake. Hes actually one of the richest men in East Anglia owns a bloomin estate . How i first cottoned on to his fakeness he told me his tatty Series 1 landrover had a Ford engine -so i asked can i look at the engine. he opened the bonnet and Wow it was not only a Ford engine,was the latest ■■■■■■ engine, plus ford gearbox etc etc =he quickly told me the previous owner had done the conversion,and at that point i believed him .

Later i read he was in the richest persons list ,then it twigged, he had had it fitted himself all part of a charade

Not sure not flaunting your wealth is really leading a double life, it seems quite common with the old money set, they seem quite happy with an old car until it goes bang rather than getting the latest Chelsea tractor every year. And there seems to be plenty that are happiest in a dirty old boiler suit messing about with old machinery and spending time with like minded individuals regardless of their social status, whe don’t know or don’t worry about their wealth or titles.

corij:

Why is the bloke in your post fake btw? What makes him fake?

met a few in my time that are married but have girlfriends in different parts of the uk or Europe,they usually end up coming unstuck

The cafe is shut and darsham is hardly local to nacton can’t remember being able to get trucks in there either

Many years ago I briefly worked with a chap in Berkshire who was married but also seeing another woman, he worked in a garage during the day but four nights a week had a job driving a 71/2 ton Bedford TK on a night run up to Stoke where his girlfriend lived. Spent a couple of hours with her and then back to his missus for breakfast. Juggling the two women and two jobs got to him though and he looked totally knackered most of the time through lack of sleep so he ditched both the girlfriend and the Stoke trunk! He still did the two jobs though but just drove to Warwick at night instead of the Potteries, his wife knew about the jobs of course as they had a biggish mortgage but I believe the girlfriend remained unknown.

Pete.

I lead a double life, for four days I’m a truck driver, and for four days I’m not… 4 on 4 off shift pattern FTW! :smiley: