Looks like men shooting season still open. Gender pay gap?

This article had me spitting out my cornflakes and head butting the bowl. Well not literally, figuratively :laughing: .

theguardian.com/commentisfr … inequality

The title blames men from the off. So have you got that straight. The opening gambit mentions knife crime. So already you’ve got men hating and knife crime in the same breath. Nice. What a start… (couldn’t possibly have woman hating in a title, that would end up in court)

So, this “journalist” is rabbiting on about gender pay gaps. But she fudges this away from pay gaps to ratios of women doing a job. Er, the two are different things. Anyway! The example she uses is airline staff. Problem is, in the UK there is no difference in what a Female gets paid to a Man within the uk airlines. Oh that doesn’t matter, she’s moved onto quantities of Females. Well guess what, the process is open to ALL who meet the criteria and ability. The other inconvenient truth is I happen to know that the head of recruitment at one if the companies she picks on, is wait for it…Female.

But no matter, let’s force this stake until we get what we want. Equal numbers regardless of natural ability, personal interest etc etc et…

It looks like the men shooting season is well and truly open still. Is there a gender pay gap in your work place?

Yeah there is! My transport manager is a woman and she gets paid more than me. Should I be offended? I feel that once I emerge from my safe space that I should indeed be offended.

the maoster:
Yeah there is! My transport manager is a woman and she gets paid more than me. Should I be offended? I feel that once I emerge from my safe space that I should indeed be offended.

Yeah it is your right to be offended. Take that opportunity :laughing: . If you don’t you are squandering the right to act :laughing: . I’m not telling you what to do. So don’t be offended by my saying you can be offended. Er. If you see. Er. I’m confused now :laughing:

Freight Dog:

the maoster:

Yeah it is your right to be offended. Take that opportunity :laughing: . If you don’t you are squandering the right to act :laughing: . I’m not telling you what to do. So don’t be offended by my saying you can be offended. Er. If you see. Er. I’m confused now :laughing:

I’m not maoster’s boss, but I am the highest paid person in my firm. I used to be the lowest paid for a while, then I complained to myself and things were changed. :wink:

This appears to be the main thrust that the gender pay gap is not to do with equal pay - that’s pretty much nailed down as it should be ( saving arguments about if certain jobs are equal to others). A woman driving a truck should be on the same pay as everyone else in the firm doing the same job. What the current whinge is that men basically are disproportionately represented at the top end of the business or in certain sectors that have been traditionally male, but don’t need to be.

The problem is with things like pilots and truck drivers is that actually not a great many women want those jobs. Even ones that aren’t factoring children commitments in aren’t likely to want to drive a truck. And to get to the top of companies, most of them don’t want to do the long hours and make the hard-nosed decisions that have to be taken. Read any woman’s magazine and you’ll find some woman who had a city job and they left because they didn’t like the hours/the culture/the flying about and have retired to make candles/set up a yoga studio.

Women are different to men - on a spectrum - I’m quite ‘male’ in attitude (all woman elsewhere :smiley: ), and I don’t mind the banter, the odd hours, the diesel and the dirt and physical work (even though much of it isn’t that physical anymore), but most women aren’t like that. I also in corporate speak, don’t mind head-butting with customers and standing my ground, which again a certain percentage of women don’t like. I’m sure a certain percentage of men are the same, but to a lesser degree.

FWIW as a woman, and I’m not saying this because you are pretty much all male, I do think some people need to just rein things in a bit and consider what the impact of telling men they are at fault all the time is.

On the other hand, what do you expect reading the Guardian :open_mouth:

Freight Dog:
This article had me spitting out my cornflakes and head butting the bowl. Well not literally, figuratively :laughing: .

Not reading the Guardian in the first place would probably help in keeping your cornflakes where they should be and your blood pressure somewhat lower :smiley:

Mazzer2:

Freight Dog:

Not reading the Guardian in the first place would probably help in keeping your cornflakes where they should be and your blood pressure somewhat lower :smiley:

Ha :laughing: . I don’t read the guardian but these articles come embedded as part of a “news” feed from my workplace. You get ambushed :laughing: .

My blood pressure is fine, tongue firmly in cheek. I don’t raise easily :laughing: . Problem with forums, lack of visual communication :laughing:

albion:

Freight Dog:

the maoster:

I’m not maoster’s boss, but I am the highest paid person in my firm. I used to be the lowest paid for a while, then I complained to myself and things were changed. :wink:

This appears to be the main thrust that the gender pay gap is not to do with equal pay - that’s pretty much nailed down as it should be ( saving arguments about if certain jobs are equal to others). A woman driving a truck should be on the same pay as everyone else in the firm doing the same job. What the current whinge is that men basically are disproportionately represented at the top end of the business or in certain sectors that have been traditionally male, but don’t need to be.

The problem is with things like pilots and truck drivers is that actually not a great many women want those jobs. Even ones that aren’t factoring children commitments in aren’t likely to want to drive a truck. And to get to the top of companies, most of them don’t want to do the long hours and make the hard-nosed decisions that have to be taken. Read any woman’s magazine and you’ll find some woman who had a city job and they left because they didn’t like the hours/the culture/the flying about and have retired to make candles/set up a yoga studio.

Women are different to men - on a spectrum - I’m quite ‘male’ in attitude (all woman elsewhere :smiley: ), and I don’t mind the banter, the odd hours, the diesel and the dirt and physical work (even though much of it isn’t that physical anymore), but most women aren’t like that. I also in corporate speak, don’t mind head-butting with customers and standing my ground, which again a certain percentage of women don’t like. I’m sure a certain percentage of men are the same, but to a lesser degree.

FWIW as a woman, and I’m not saying this because you are pretty much all male, I do think some people need to just rein things in a bit and consider what the impact of telling men they are at fault all the time is.

On the other hand, what do you expect reading the Guardian :open_mouth:

That is a cracking way of putting things Albion. Very balanced. You should write that into an article yourself :smiley: .

Cor blimey, be careful out in the street Albion, the femininazis will hate you for that.

My good lady would agree with you word for word.

Juddian:
Cor blimey, be careful out in the street Albion, the femininazis will hate you for that.

My good lady would agree with you word for word.

From what you have said Juddian, I don’t think Lady J and I would disagree on much!

I wonder how many tea party’s or book club’s Albion and ‘Lady J’ get invited to?. :wink:

mrginge:
I wonder how many tea party’s or book club’s Albion and ‘Lady J’ get invited to?. :wink:

My choice at the book club this month, so I’ve got them all reading Long Haul Pioneers :laughing:. In real life I don’t have time! Actually out of work, I’m quite a ‘girl’ - don’t forget I was a bellydancer for a few years :wink:

It’s currently open season on all white Anglo-Saxon males of a certain age! Apparently we’re to blame for everything from Adam onwards, fits in with the snowflake/sjw narrative dontcha know

albion:

mrginge:

My choice at the book club this month, so I’ve got them all reading Long Haul Pioneers :laughing:. In real life I don’t have time! Actually out of work, I’m quite a ‘girl’ - don’t forget I was a bellydancer for a few years :wink:

Yes…you’ve teased us with that before…

CallOut!.jpg

:grimacing:

TiredAndEmotional:

albion:

mrginge:

There is someone on here that has seen a pic and no he isn’t going to post it, on the grounds that God knows what would happen in Dipper’s mind… :open_mouth: I couldn’t be responsible for his mental collapse :laughing:

albion:

TiredAndEmotional:

albion:

mrginge:

There is someone on here that has seen a pic and no he isn’t going to post it, on the grounds that God knows what would happen in Dipper’s mind… :open_mouth: I couldn’t be responsible for his mental collapse :laughing:

PM me! You have my word as a gentleman trucker it will go no further! :wink: :grimacing:

TiredAndEmotional:

albion:

TiredAndEmotional:

albion:

mrginge:

My choice at the book club this month, so I’ve got them all reading Long Haul Pioneers [emoji38]. In real life I don’t have time! Actually out of work, I’m quite a ‘girl’ - don’t forget I was a bellydancer for a few years :wink:

There is someone on here that has seen a pic and no he isn’t going to post it, on the grounds that God knows what would happen in Dipper’s mind… :open_mouth: I couldn’t be responsible for his mental collapse [emoji38]

PM me! You have my word as a gentleman trucker it will go no further! :wink: :grimacing:

“Gentleman Trucker”?
Best example of an oxymoron I’ve seen in ages!

It’s a well known fact we’re all beer bellied, roll up smoking, flat cap wearing, misogynistic, scoundrels.

And all bosses are wonderful…

Edit. And all ladies are made if sugar’n’spice of course.
Edit 2. Some of the above may be slightly sarcastic.
Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Freight Dog:

The title blames men from the off. So have you got that straight. The opening gambit mentions knife crime. So already you’ve got men hating and knife crime in the same breath. Nice. What a start… (couldn’t possibly have woman hating in a title, that would end up in court)

So, this “journalist” is rabbiting on about gender pay gaps. But she fudges this away from pay gaps to ratios of women doing a job. Er, the two are different things. Anyway! The example she uses is airline staff. Problem is, in the UK there is no difference in what a Female gets paid to a Man within the uk airlines. Oh that doesn’t matter, she’s moved onto quantities of Females. Well guess what, the process is open to ALL who meet the criteria and ability. The other inconvenient truth is I happen to know that the head of recruitment at one if the companies she picks on, is wait for it…Female.

But no matter, let’s force this stake until we get what we want. Equal numbers regardless of natural ability, personal interest etc etc et…

It looks like the men shooting season is well and truly open still. Is there a gender pay gap in your work place?

Blimey isn’t that by definition offensive and discriminatory towards transitory transgender workers who consider themselves possibly male one week and female the next on a rotating basis.As for gender equality linked to violent crime surely the example of Bonnie and Clyde settled that issue almost a century ago.IE who needs a girly knife when they’ve got a BAR each. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

My manager gets paid more than me and on the basis that he has no balls to make the simplest of decisions can only assume he’s female!!

Now it has been proved time and time again that women get paid the same as men for the same job, the radical man hating feminist have to find other ways they’re being discriminated against in the workplace, so weird test are invented like average wages across a company by gender and you get the airline situation where most pilots are male and most cabin crew are female so guess what on average the women are paid less, let’s not take into account that pilots take longer to train, often self funded, and that women aren’t stopped from being pilots or that some airlines activily encourage their recruitment, but there just aren’t the same quantity of female applicants. Then there is the BBC gender pay scandal, which a review was supposed sort out, but the result saw more men get their pay raised to match their female colleague, so that was quietly swept under the carpet.

As for gender biased Guardian reporting, I read an article about the increase in acid attacks in the UK, most of these victims are male, normally linked to gang violence, so the article went on a tangent to acid attacks in parts of Asia where the victims are mostly female, to try a link the UK attacks to violence against women, but obviously not mentioning religion or ethnicity of the attackers.