eBay and Amazon

I ordered a filter for a vacuum cleaner from an eBay supplier in London at 4.26pm on Saturday costing £15.00.
Much to my surprise on Monday morning at 10.00am I took delivery of the filter from an Amazon delivery van.I live in Manchester but can someone tell me how do they do it?

You ordered it,they delivered it…think that’s how it worked.

If you look on Amazon that filter will be a lot cheaper than the eBay seller charged you. You bought of him on eBay, he bought it on Amazon, give them your delivery address and pocketed a profit.

Check out the feedback on the eBay seller and you will probably find that they are reselling amazon items, it also means they don’t hold stock

xichrisxi:
You ordered it,they delivered it…think that’s how it worked.

[emoji23]

Amazon act as drop shoppers.
I used to sell on eBay but ship via amazon. Saves holding stock and sorting out couriers.

Approximately…

5pm - Parcel collected by courier.
6pm - Parcel arrives at hub & sorted.
10pm - Parcel trunked to another local hub.
2am - Parcel arrives at local hub & sorted.
8am - Loaded on van.

I ordered printer inks at 4pm from Ebay supplier and they were delivered in an Amazon box at 8-30 am the following morning .
The inks aren’t listed on Amazon anywhere near as low a price as the ebay supplier. Not complaining as I hope it continues.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Always been something iffy going on with a lot of ebay and Amazon selling the maths often never seems to add up.

Nothing iffy about it. Most likely the seller has accounts on both platforms and uses Amazon to ship stuff sold on eBay due to cost of postage.

All in all those two platforms hold a dominant market position (same as Uber has in taxis). In the short run it’s all nice and good, but in the long run, if you have not developed other distribution channels they can destroy your business in two seconds, just by closing your account.

Riho:
… they can destroy your business in two seconds, just by closing your account.

Heard someone describing this a few years ago when looking into it. Went from a nice home based business buying in bulk and selling / shipping via Amazon to suspended account overnight over a vauge claim. Amazon wouldn’t entertain them or give them the time of day so lost it all.

As for how they do things, its Fulfilment by Amazon where you send the stuff to their warehouse, and they ship it same as everything else.

I tend to read the Amazon product reviews then buy on Ebay.Something very not right with formers employee treatment,satanic territory.