I just can't get her to squirt

Hi lads anyone else having troubles getting your squirters going. Haven’t had wetness for 3 days now although a dry rub does the trick.

Our place has some decent screenwash but even that don’t last long.

Thought about putting a drop of antifreeze in but worried it might perish me pipe.

Used to always find myself stopping and using the snow to clean the windscreen.

De-icer works well mixed in the screenwash

I do a 50/50 but when it gets bad I do 80/20
I don’t understand why they mount the bottles outside in this day and age .

nick2008:
I do a 50/50 but when it gets bad I do 80/20
I don’t understand why they mount the bottles outside in this day and age .

Health and Safety :grimacing: :grimacing: Who knows what could happen if it was inside the cab :laughing: :laughing:

I’ve never understood why they aren’t heated… cost probably. Plus I guess it wouldn’t stop the nozzles from freezing.

For info mine struggled to start with but I got her gushing in the end

Neat isopropyl alcohol will do the nozzles. But no one carries that in their back pocket :laughing: . I got mine from maplin in a spray can. If they’re still trading.

Don’t spray it on yourself. It’ll dry out your digits

If Maplin shut I’m sure Buckfast would do the same kind of thing :laughing:

toonsy:
If Maplin shut I’m sure Buckfast would do the same kind of thing :laughing:

Buckfast makes IP alcohol look like lemonade :laughing: . To think monks make it. Tut.

toonsy:
I’ve never understood why they aren’t heated… cost probably. Plus I guess it wouldn’t stop the nozzles from freezing.

I’ve got heated washer jets on my Mondeo. They weren’t frozen last night even though it was -7C.

Mondeos are handy in that way.The washer bottle and all the pipework are in the engine compartment.You may have to heavy breathe on the jets to get the first squirt.

Dipper_Dave:
Hi lads anyone else having troubles getting your squirters going. Haven’t had wetness for 3 days now although a dry rub does the trick.

I’ve found a dry rub usually ends up leaving things sticky and dirty.

Drop a bit of vodka in her pipes and she’ll be squirting all night long.

Conor:

toonsy:

I’ve got heated washer jets on my Mondeo. They weren’t frozen last night even though it was -7C.

I’ve got heated jets in my 17 year old Mercedes rustbucket car. Why haven’t I got them on my £90k Actros? :imp:

Another big advantage to being a real fridge man. We have our own recipe which is guaranteed not to freeze in the bottle or freeze up whilst using it in a wind chill. Not poisonous or corrosive, cheap for us who buy our ingredients for large fridge systems, too expensive for non fridge men to buy. If this cold spell keeps up I may sell it in 5 ltre bottles. I could be a millionaire this time next year. keeps liquid form to minus 60 deg C.

Dipper_Dave:

Our place has some decent screenwash but even that don’t last long.

Thought about putting a drop of antifreeze in but worried it might perish me pipe.

Love it Dipper ! Double entendre !! Did you help writing the scripts for carry on films ? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

OOO Matron !!!

toonsy:

For info mine struggled to start with but I got her gushing in the end

I suppose a fine wire would do or a coil round the pipes

Don’t put anti-freeze in your washer bottle. It is nearly as good as a paint stripper as brake fluid!

• 1 Kickstart, some people just don’t realise or think/believe the damage that they can do using Anti-Freeze!

Aye, I haven’t seen a squirt since I started on Monday.

I do have neat isopropyl alcohol in the cab, but the summer washer fluid will be frozen all the way through the pipes, as it doesn’t make the slightest difference when sprayed on the nozzles.

I’ve been washing my windscreen mainly in the salt spray from other trucks this week :unamused: