Fodens,twin splitters and satnavs

this is probably targeted more for the more mature old school types that can only watch day by day as our once proud profession goes down the toilet with the dumbing down of working standards.
if,you had a brand new foden,with an eaton twin splitter,and you woke up in 1975 ( not over here in ireland with me today,but the real 1975),what would the best sat nav be,and what would be on it?
and dont any smartasses come up with the fact that there wouldnt be any sattalites up there to work the thing.
your thoughts gentlemen please. :slight_smile:

Struggling to understand the connection between sat navs and gear boxes tbh

read the snowmans post on bullys merged topic and all will be revealed.
or.
just an imaginary scenario. what options and info would you have had on your satnav in 1970 0r 1980…its not meant to be taken as a serious subject,hence its on bullys.
you could have been driving through milton keynes then and never heard the satnav telling you " at the next roundabout take the first exit " or make up your own option.
theyre wouldnt be any speed camera updates,so mabey it would have been burger van locations??
possibly even a live update for what old slapper was hitching a lift to wangle her breakfast out of you on the A1 ?
possibly even a traffic update saying there were 5 trucks and 7 cars on the preston bypass at the same time,please allow extra tme for your journey. :slight_smile:

Twin splitter didn’t come out until 86 ish :laughing: ,I still drive a Foden with an Eaton box no sat nav but 2 lg boxes of maps :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
Twin splitter didn’t come out until 86 ish :laughing: ,I still drive a Foden with an Eaton box no sat nav but 2 lg boxes of maps :laughing:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
there you go…its only a bit of craic to the snowmans post earlier,but its a start… :smiley:

A great big pile of A to Zs unless doing farm work where the Ordnance Survey would be the weapon of choice. Come on its Christmas ,get with the spirit .

A hammer and a philips screwdriver were essential equipment whilst trucking in Yorkshire back in the day, apparently.

What was snowmans post anyway ?

Punchy Dan:
What was snowmans post anyway ?

t was only a random comment on that topic…bullys/merged…