Your Best Box Set

Mine would be breaking bad, what a series i think it was one of the best i have ever seen, it was a great story nothing has come near it up to now.
2 would be house of cards, its a pity about spacey he was brill in it, it was made for him.

Best comedy at the moment would be the big bang theory, its so funny and it took me a few years after the first few episodes to watch it after other people telling me to watch it, it will never come near del boy and not a lot would but its very funny.

The Wire.

I rewatched it earlier this year and still think it holds up as one of the best shows made.

Sons of anarchy I enjoyed but think it dipped on the last few series.

I grew up watching Only Fools and Horses and think the only comedy that comes close for me is Blackadder, particularly Blackadder goes forth.

Babylon 5 for me (I don’t care what Sheldon Cooper thinks). It put other sci fi of it’s era to shame. Sadly, modern effects make B5 look very dated now, but you can see it’s legacy in modern science fiction.

Oh, and I can’t wait for season 8 of Game of Thrones.

New Tricks
Foyles war
Hustle
Sharpes rifles.

Banshee.

Game of Thrones

Mr Robot

Limitless

Blind spot.

Has to be the best TV series ever made. The Sopranos.

Comedy wise, The Mighty Boosh.

Sci-fi has to be the re-boot of Battlestar Galacticia.

AndieHyde:

Comedy wise, The Mighty Boosh.

Sci-fi has to be the re-boot of Battlestar Galacticia.

Plus one for The Sopranos.
Lost it`s way for a while but got on track. Dramatic and funny. Boardwalk Empire and Breaking Bad also great.

Nightline: I haven`t seen the US Spacey version, of House Of Cards, but the original UK version with Ian Richardson was brilliant. The nineties fashions may date it, but F.U. is a truly scheming nasty S.O.B. !

Old school for me, The Sweeney 70s tv series, best cop show ever and ahead of it’s time then.
Band of Brothers and Homeland, I’m a fan of Damien Lewis.
Comedy… Shameless.

AndieHyde:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
great series till i couldnt stand watching them kidding on they were eating and playing with their food all the time.

dieseldog999:

AndieHyde:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
great series till i couldnt stand watching them kidding on they were eating and playing with their food all the time.

But since they knew what those deli sausages were made from, can you blame them?

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

The Sopranos
The Shield
Breaking Bad
Only Fools & Horses
Game Of Thrones
Las Vegas

Person of Interest, also loved by my Mrs because the female lead characters arn’t just there for decoration.
24, made again by a good female character Cloe.
Peaky Blinders
Luther
The Blacklist
The Walking Dead
Two and a Half Men, no one delivers comedy lines like Charlie Sheen
Fargo, utterly brilliant
Gotham, very dark indeed.
Penny Dreadful, a must see.
Hell on Wheels
Sleepy Hollow, the English geezer brought back from the dead (Adam Adamant style) does the days of yore courtesy brilliantly, worth watching.
The Following
The Killing, from various countries

Going back in time, BBC used to make some superb high quality epics from books that they serialised over say 8 or 10 hours viewing
notably
Blott on the Landscape is a black comedy riot, very good early roles for David Suchet, Geraldine James, Jimmy Nail, Simon Cadell and George Cole not forgetting Julia McKensie who makes a delightful lady of pleasure.
Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy and Smiley’s People…both these are Le Carre stories starring the great Sir Alec Guinness as Smiley, the remake film of TTSS is not a patch on these.
Unusual one this, Jewel in the Crown, good roles for Geraldine James and Charles Dance.

Ashes to Ashes and Life on Mars.
Poirot, obviously
NYPD Blue a vehicle for the superb Dennis Franz, and Hill Street Blues long before that.
House of Cards, not the US version but the UK one starring Ian Livingstone.

Some really bonkers ones worth finding, British.
Utopia
Misfits

Yes we really have watched all of these, Person of Interest about three times :blush:

Not mentioned so far

Prison Break

Designated Survivor - only seen the first season, but it was really good.

If you like Homeland, look up Prisoners of War. This is the Israeli series that kicked off inspired Homeland. You can see the similarities, whilst the shows are completely different. There’s certainly no gloss in the Israeli version.

Good Wife

albion:
Good Wife

You or the series?

Haha :smiley: , I’m no-one’s wife, stick with the series!

Debbie does dudley :blush: :blush: .

albion:
Not mentioned so far

Prison Break

Designated Survivor - only seen the first season, but it was really good.

If you like Homeland, look up Prisoners of War. This is the Israeli series that kicked off inspired Homeland. You can see the similarities, whilst the shows are completely different. There’s certainly no gloss in the Israeli version.

Good Wife

Designated Survivor is currently on mid-season break for season 2! I thought it was gonna get repetitive but I think its actually better than S1!

“Veep” is a winner. Armando Iannucci`s name is always a good sign and no exception here. He treats the US political scene with all the reverence and respect he paid to the UK establishment in “In The Thick Of It”. Stuffed full of multi layered jokes and references.

Sons of Anarchy
Power
Blindspot