Crypto currency

Well my first day trading in Bitcoin and Ripple has got me a profit of 459 USD on my £3000 stake. That 459 dollars has been successfully transferred back into my account. This time next year Rodney…

You’re a bit late to the game! Hubble,bubble, toil and trouble…ahead!

Well this week I’ve made an 800 dollar profit on Ripple, 400 dollars of which is back in my bank account. In the interest of balance though I should point out that I’ve lost 200 dollars on Bitcoin.

I had to google Ripple! Good luck bud, I hope you get out in time! :grimacing:

Yeah getting out at the right time is key. I’ll probably stay in one day too long and blow my brains out! It’s incredible when you think that one Bitcoin cost one dollar to buy in 2009, the same one now is worth 17000 dollars!

Yeah. Bitcoin.
How unlike real money. Just existing in electronic form, not backed by gold reserves, valued at the whim of investors. . . .

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Yeah. Bitcoin.
How unlike real money. Just existing in electronic form, not backed by gold reserves, valued at the whim of investors. . . .

A classic example of something only being worth a certain amount because everybody agrees it does. Almost guaranteed to end in tears before bedtime for current entrants to the market.

I think you gents will find this short clip interesting. Just one episode from a good series.

bbc.co.uk/programmes/p059c7g1#play

Harry Monk:

Franglais:
Yeah. Bitcoin.

A classic example of something only being worth a certain amount because everybody agrees it does. Almost guaranteed to end in tears before bedtime for current entrants to the market.

And the difference between BitCoin and the dollar/euro/pound/etc being?
That BitCoin is a rapidly expanding bubble, waiting to burst seems pretty certain. Yep, tears for some late entrants. But is its underlying value really any different from other "conventional" currencies? That is, non existant in ALL cases. TiredAndEmotional (George Brown?) Good clip, Im a fan of Tim Harford too.

bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00k9p0w is a link to a BBC play that is NOT available to me, but maybe to you?
Brilliant, funny, explanation about the world of futures trading. Stephanie Flanders has a role in it.
juliangough.com/the-great-ha … at-bubble/ is a link to the original short story.
It says there are Torrent rips out there for free?

Franglais wins a coconut! :grimacing:

You’ve got a different link there Franglais, I’ve no idea how that happened! If you want to follow it up go to radio 4 website and search for 50 things that made the modern economy and find the episode entitled paper money. As said the whole series is worth a listen with each episode around 9 minutes.

The Julian Gough link was an excellent read! :laughing:

TiredAndEmotional:
Franglais wins a coconut! :grimacing:

You’ve got a different link there Franglais, I’ve no idea how that happened! If you want to follow it up go to radio 4 website and search for 50 things that made the modern economy and find the episode entitled paper money. As said the whole series is worth a listen with each episode around 9 minutes.

The Julian Gough link was an excellent read! :laughing:

Well, you would say that, wouldnt you? :wink: If you can get to hear the play itll be worth the effort. And if I get a coconut, it`s bigger than the peanuts I get for my day job! :smiley: