Dilemma ( brown sauce related )

Mrs Hippy is serving up avocado and poached free range corn fed chicken eggs on home made organic wholemeal bread. Would a mention of brown sauce ( not HP sauce as the manufacture has been stolen from the very bosom of Aston in Brum and shipped off to Holland) be a foolhardy thing?

oldhippyandy:
Mrs Hippy is serving up avocado and poached free range corn fed chicken eggs on home made organic wholemeal bread. Would a mention of brown sauce ( not HP sauce as the manufacture has been stolen from the very bosom of Aston in Brum and shipped off to Holland) be a foolhardy thing?

1st world dilemma :laughing: .Had a discussion with a driver today re- appropriate condiments, he spoiled a perfectly good bacon sandwich with TOMATO sauce! :open_mouth: Brown all the way- your views?

Brown sauce is a must,in these changing times we MUST stand up and demand brown sauce,if she says no then I’d seek legal advice on the best money efficient way to issue divorce proceedings.

I disagree, Brown sauce on bacon but tomato ketchup on sausage. It has to be proper sauce though, none of that Happy Shoppers muck

Another brown on bacon, tomato on sausage vote.
I don’t like eggs so don’t care what goes on those.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

I used brown sauce on my Waitrose Lincolshire sausages today but why is the skin so tough you need a power saw to get into them ■■?

raymundo:
I used brown sauce on my Waitrose Lincolshire sausages today but why is the skin so tough you need a power saw to get into them ■■?

As a relatively new incomer to Lincolnshire (I only came to help deepen the gene pool) I’m constantly surprised by the esteem in which Lincolnshirites hold their sausages. They’re bloody horrible, you don’t need skin like David Dickinson on a sausage, nor do you need to pack it full of any old weeds masquerading as spices that you have lying around! :imp:

square slice,round slice,and links…no need for anything else.
brown on the tasteless english ones,and tomato for pieces and bacon…end of.
and
a steak pie for new year dont count unless it has links in it as well…final end of. :slight_smile:

Wheel Nut:
I disagree, Brown sauce on bacon but tomato ketchup on sausage. It has to be proper sauce though, none of that Happy Shoppers muck

Wrong Malc, it’s Red on Bacon and brown on sausage! :stuck_out_tongue:

Absolutely not.

Nothing but Mustard on sausages. And mayonnaise on everything else.

Bacon butties have bread, bacon and butter. The clue is in the name.
Why spoil the taste with sauces?

BUTTER! on a bacon sarnie :unamused: Not in my house :angry:

My favourite is a bacon and sausage butty , what to put on it ? Nowt ! no butter , no sauces . Proper man food up in’t 'ills .

dri-diddly-iver:

Butter melted by the sizzling hot baco,n so that it mixes with the tasty bacon fat, and soaks through the soft white bread, do you got to lick your fingers clean.

No Dave. Don’t say it.

Sent from my GT-S7275R using Tapatalk

If you use proper butchers supplied bacon or sausage you don’t need any sauce to enhance the flavour , especially that red ■■■■■ thats just for kids under 11 !

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Franglais:
Bacon butties have bread, bacon and butter. The clue is in the name.
Why spoil the taste with sauces?

Yes! No buts, it’s got to be butter!

dri-diddly-iver:

If you’re going to tell me yours has margarine on it cos it’s healthy I’m not going to take you seriously! :smiley:

Nowt on it, it’s greasy enough :wink: