Jeremy Vine show yesterday

I want a refund on my license fee money, why you ask ?
I will tell you, do I need to hear live sound effects of “Terry from the allotment in Wales” building a tin shed .
Unbelievable .
And why stop the rant, why does JV have a very angry man from Yorkshire and a posh sounding wealthy middle age Saab driving women , when there is a debate about anything to do with trucks.
I’m sure he has actors on speed dial, cue Mr Angry truck driver and Abigail Hyacinth Shackleton from Windsor being late for yoga by elephant racing brain dead drivers.

Is it just me but I have noticed a lot of truck drivers not bothering to indicate on motorways when changing lanes.

Last rant, the bad decision not to pass the 4000 truck parking for Operating Stack .
Local businesses suffer when the motorway is used as a truck stop with no loos, access to showers and hot water ,wait til Brexit goes live, they will soon moan when there is a 40 mile queue of stationary trucks .
It was not passed due to an environmental report not being done as the planners assumed one would not be required.

Maybe a badger set was in the area or the rare lesser spotted newt or that bird that comes from South Africa once a year to breed where the truck stop would be.
What a coincidence, we can’t have the house price drop for Geoffrey and Marjorie Ramsbottottom by menacing, thundering juggernauts .
Using their hedge as a communal toilet.

You deserve all you get for listening to that drivel!

Nothing in your post that I don’t whole heartedly agree with…apart from Your pop at Terry from the allotment .

Middle aged women who start ranting and raving if they get stuck by a truck are always a good source of entertainment…

Had one a couple of days ago , in a spotlessly clean Land Rover , I was dropping just one little pallet on the tail lift…no more than 2 to 3 minutes until this ■■■■■■ posh woman beeps her horn at me and says. How long do you think you are going to be ?

Game on…I smile and point to the number on the curtains and say…I’m not allowed to move until they give me authorisation…you need to check with them… …she falls for it and phones the transport office …5 minutes later they phone me and say I don’t need authorisation ( they are retards as well by the way)…I go back to the woman and say they will call her when I can move on, can she let me know in case I miss the call.
She has a head fit whilst I sit and have a sandwich and listen to the Archers.

25 minutes she was blocked in instead of 2 minutes…all because she lacked a little common courtesy …

on ‘not indicating when changing lanes’…if the vehicle i’ve overtook dosn’t flash me in when i’m well clear of it,i don’t bother indicating left.no need to,surely?

As soon as Vine comes on at 11.30 I turn over or flick channels ,Try it .It’s not worth the stress of Vine.

I stopped listening to that idiot when he kept going to exclusive gigs and telling everyone that they should have been there as it was amazing, not only does he get paid for talking complete drivel but he gets free tickets.
Terry Wogan and Ken Bruce were the heart and soul of radio two because they understood that the listener is the star of the show, ordinary people do amazing things and that’s interesting but when amazing people do ordinary things it boring.
Sorry for the rant.

Richard8:
I stopped listening to that idiot when he kept going to exclusive gigs and telling everyone that they should have been there as it was amazing, not only does he get paid for talking complete drivel but he gets free tickets.
Terry Wogan and Ken Bruce were the heart and soul of radio two because they understood that the listener is the star of the show, ordinary people do amazing things and that’s interesting but when amazing people do ordinary things it boring.
Sorry for the rant.

Don’t forget JY!

carryfast-yeti:
on ‘not indicating when changing lanes’…if the vehicle i’ve overtook dosn’t flash me in when i’m well clear of it,i don’t bother indicating left.no need to,surely?

Never been undercut by an impatient car/white van man etc…?

Oh yes God bless Terry Wigan, he made grown men cry with laughter with the early morning innuendo of Dear John , it was on at the school run times , the ■■■■ and adult humour went straight over the little darlings in the back seat .
Drivers would ring in to say that they had to pull over due to laughing too much.

Don’t get me started with Steve Wright Love the show rubbish with his side kicks Tim.
Years ago he had Mr Angry ringing in, that was pure comedy gold, he was so angry , he would throw the phone down.
Ask Elvis is a genius too.

Simon Mayo is funny when callers ring in on their mammoth journey from Penzance to Perth to take a potted plant to Aunt Madge’s birthday and he says what are you doing in the services for and why are you going ?

Love it when. Sara Cox stands in, her Dad is a wagon driver.

TiredAndEmotional:

Richard8:
Sorry for the rant.

Don’t forget JY!

It’s only when JV took over I appreciated just how good Jimmy Young was, he could control any debate between MPs ect with a calm cool attitude. He appitomised the BBC for me or at least a certain generation of presenters, he wasn’t the start of the show he made the subjects and the contributors the stars.
I miss the old radio two and things have to change going forward I know but who in the name of all that’s holy envisaged that the present incarnation would be better than what it’s replaced?
Can they please retire JV and replace him with a sweet heart cabbage as its got more personality, it’s already a Sweet heart!!!

Richard8:
It’s only when JV took over I appreciated just how good Jimmy Young was, he could control any debate between MPs ect with a calm cool attitude. He appitomised the BBC for me or at least a certain generation of presenters, he wasn’t the start of the show he made the subjects and the contributors the stars.
I miss the old radio two and things have to change going forward I know but who in the name of all that’s holy envisaged that the present incarnation would be better than what it’s replaced?
Can they please retire JV and replace him with a sweet heart cabbage as its got more personality, it’s already a Sweet heart!!!

Exactly, Vine is a journalist and JY was a ‘crooner’ from the fifties yet Jimmy got far more out of guests/politicians/royalty than Vine ever will as long as he has a hole in his arse. Politeness helped, and letting the guest actually finish putting their point across which Jimmy did, plus being born in the 1920’s he had actually had ‘a life’ through some of the toughest times of the 20th century.

We had Vine on in the car while travelling down to Reading on Friday, that ■■■■ in Wales really pushed my patience to the limit yet Mrs Windrush thinks he is great! :confused:

Pete.

If I’m listening to R2 12pm the radio gets turned off straight away

Whiney Viney and his argue show - stupid phone ins with people talking/shouting over each other.

Hideous.

I went right off him the other day when he was grilling a guy about excessive university vice-chancellor pay. Given the recent publication of BBC pay I don’t think he is in any position to criticise excessive pay for anyone.

What kisses me off is he interrupts Ken Bruce at 11.30 To waffle about his bloody show !What’s that all about :unamused:

Terry wogan invented the gardener to take the ■■■■ out of, he could take the ■■■■ out of the god botherer on the breakfast show without causing offence

I can’t stand Vanessa Feltz or Jeremy Vine

She tries to be ‘girly girly’ at the age of nearly 60 and it’s painful at 12. He just thinks he’s Jeremy Paxman without the brain

If it wasn’t for Pop Master I would never listen to Radio 2 again if I could help it

windrush:

Richard8:

Exactly, Vine is a journalist and JY was a ‘crooner’ from the fifties yet Jimmy got far more out of guests/politicians/royalty than Vine ever will as long as he has a hole in his arse. Politeness helped, and letting the guest actually finish putting their point across which Jimmy did, plus being born in the 1920’s he had actually had ‘a life’ through some of the toughest times of the 20th century.

We had Vine on in the car while travelling down to Reading on Friday, that [zb] in Wales really pushed my patience to the limit yet Mrs Windrush thinks he is great! :confused:

Pete.

Agreed about JY.

The guy was a legend. As was Wogan.

It’s Radio 4 and Radio Manchester for me now.

Jeremy Vine?

I’d rather stuff wasps up my pipe

Meanwhile:

toby1234abc:
‘…Simon Mayo…’

Why does Mayo advocate ‘…homework ■■■■■…’ with the intro’ jingle for his daily question slot?

The nation already has enough thick people without him okaying the wastage of my taxes - to include the consolidation of the nation’s little darling’s school education with a bit o’ homework - which, usually alright Mayo has no right to advocate dissing (unless he has thick kids to whom he is wishing to bring a smidgin of advantage?)

I don’t really care, of course cos I’ll likely be on Radio Four listening to their Six O’Clock News :laughing: