Plastering and stuff (split from BWAH HA HA HA HA)

peirre:
UKT I though you’d flounced off and left the forum several hours ago?
Did you you get stuck in the revolving door on the way out, or have you reconsidered your decision to leave?

He’ll never leave,his 2 best imaginary friends are on here.

xichrisxi:

Just plastering over some cracks

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:

Wouldn’t advise plastering over cracks tbh,it’ll just crack again…you need to fill the cracks with a good quality filler first.

xichrisxi:

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:

Wouldn’t advise plastering over cracks tbh,it’ll just crack again…you need to fill the cracks with a good quality filler first.

Glad your on as I have a friend of mine who is a plasterer and he is looking at our kitchen now as we are having it replaced but he is going to re plaster all the walls and put a new ceiling up. I was telling him about your tragic exit from plastering due to your legs. He looks a bit puzzled, what was it again?

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:

Glad your on as I have a friend of mine who is a plasterer and he is looking at our kitchen now as we are having it replaced but he is going to re plaster all the walls and put a new ceiling up. I was telling him about your tragic exit from plastering due to your legs. He looks a bit puzzled, what was it again?

It was called self preservation.

xichrisxi:

I understand that, but what was the reason why you had to exit the trade ?

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:

I didn’t have to,I chose to…the guy that taught me was self employed I did my apprenticeship with him,attending a local college 1 day a week also to do the exams ect.
He was in his late 30s early 40s and was a wreck physically…bad knees/bad back from years of doing the job,decided that wasn’t going to be me,sure the lure of cash in hand work and only declaring the absolute minimum required to the tax man was a positive of the job should I have carried on but I decided it didn’t outweigh the cons of premature aging of my vital body parts…also if you’ve ever worked on a building site in the winter you’ll understand why I opted for a nice warm job instead :smiley:

xichrisxi:

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:

I didn’t have to,I chose to…the guy that taught me was self employed I did my apprenticeship with him,attending a local college 1 day a week also to do the exams ect.
He was in his late 30s early 40s and was a wreck physically…bad knees/bad back from years of doing the job,decided that wasn’t going to be me,sure the lure of cash in hand work and only declaring the absolute minimum required to the tax man was a positive of the job should I have carried on but I decided it didn’t outweigh the cons of premature aging of my vital body parts…also if you’ve ever worked on a building site in the winter you’ll understand why I opted for a nice warm job instead :smiley:

Don’t encourage him…he’s left the forum. …remember

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It’s fine I think he wants to be my friend :smiley:

xichrisxi:

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:

Worked on plenty of new build cold stores throughout summer and winter, thing with plastering though is before it can be boarded and skimmed out, is the roof has to be on and windows in, so not quite as bad as what I endear throughout winter with no roofs or windows and running pipework and services.

xichrisxi:

UKtramp:
Completely agree with her, although it should be down to our prime minister to do the apologising rather than her. At least she has some feelings and understanding that the actions of declaring war on another country will have consequences. Simple people ignore these consequences and walk around with blinkered vision. She is highlighting that we have some part to play on these poor innocent children caught up in a savage and brutal war. The apology is irrelevant her stance is correct.

Back again :unamused:

+1
god almighty…there goes another thread right down the toilet.
at least when carryfast hijacks a thread there seems to be a certain point to it…
looks like our daily ration of drivvle until this one gets locked. :unamused:

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:

UKtramp:

xichrisxi:

Worked on plenty of new build cold stores throughout summer and winter, thing with plastering though is before it can be boarded and skimmed out, is the roof has to be on and windows in, so not quite as bad as what I endear throughout winter with no roofs or windows and running pipework and services.

Leave the heating off in your house over the winter,once the temperature drops you’ll find that there is not much difference to being inside than outside apart from obviously you’re protected from the cold wind but the air temperature will be around the same as outside.

xichrisxi:
Leave the heating off in your house over the winter,once the temperature drops you’ll find that there is not much difference to being inside than outside apart from obviously you’re protected from the cold wind but the air temperature will be around the same as outside.

Cant imagine what it must be like working in a cold room :open_mouth: I am sure you speak a lot of sense

dieseldog999:

xichrisxi:

UKtramp:
Completely agree with her, although it should be down to our prime minister to do the apologising rather than her. At least she has some feelings and understanding that the actions of declaring war on another country will have consequences. Simple people ignore these consequences and walk around with blinkered vision. She is highlighting that we have some part to play on these poor innocent children caught up in a savage and brutal war. The apology is irrelevant her stance is correct.

Back again :unamused:

+1
god almighty…there goes another thread right down the toilet.
at least when carryfast hijacks a thread there seems to be a certain point to it…
looks like our daily ration of drivvle until this one gets locked. :unamused:

Daily ration of drivel followed, like smoke, by posts discussing the drivel. All a bit pointless. Don’t want to teach Grandma to ■■■■ eggs, but if it were ignored, content centering around the troll would be cut by half.

Freight Dog:
Daily ration of drivel followed, like smoke, by posts discussing the drivel. All a bit pointless. Don’t want to teach Grandma to ■■■■ eggs, but if it were ignored, content centering around the troll would be cut by half.

Sensible advice and very true

Post deleted…
Just come to the conclusion I can’t be arsed. :smiley:

robroy:
Post deleted…
Just come to the conclusion I can’t be arsed. :smiley:

Nice to see that you guys are still getting along together.